U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 09:35 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,038,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not my opinon. I didn't write the Bible. Sorry. I think you should read the Bible for yourself and learn the truth. That way you'll know what it says about issues like homosexuality, and you won't have to rely purely on your demonitions version of it.
You realize that your judgemental attitude towards other folks are going to see you lead the charge into hell. Oh yeah, what about the over 50% of evangelicals/born again "Christians" who get divorced? They are also hellbound sinners.

Actually if heaven is filled with judgemental folks who condemn and proclaim to know the truth, I would rather be in hell with the nice folk - you know the ones who love and accept people for who they are.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 09:37 PM

981 posts, read 601,068 times
Quote:
Not my opinon. I didn't write the Bible. Sorry. I think you should read the Bible for yourself and learn the truth. That way you'll know what it says about issues like homosexuality, and you won't have to rely purely on your demonitions version of it.
I'm making some popcorn. Would you like some? Don't worry, I'm popping it in a holy microwave that has been blessed by the blood of Jesus. I even cleaned it out today with holy water. Surely, you'll join me, won't you?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:40 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,531,332 times
Quote:
I rely a lot on common sense and reason!

Old 12-20-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
I'm making some popcorn. Would you like some? Don't worry, I'm popping it in a holy microwave that has been blessed by the blood of Jesus. I even cleaned it out today with holy water. Surely, you'll join me, won't you?
Only if it was popped with holy anointment oil

58,536 posts, read 31,936,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I don't reject the Bible. I reject those who pick and choose Bible verses to justify ignorance and hatred.
Quoting truth from the the Bible is not hatred, even if you find the truth inconvenient.

There is no way to misintrprept the message about homosexuality. If you do not accept it, that is one thing, but don't try to say there is an 'interpreption' of the scripture which condones homosexuality.

Can you tell me how you "interprept" the following verses:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (English Standard Version)

Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

But here is the good news. Homosexuals can inherit the kingdom of God if they come to Christ and leave their lifestyle behind. The key thing is change, you must become new (be born again), and leave behind what you once were:

1 Corinthians 6:11 - "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God'

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I rely a lot on common sense and reason!
Shame on you, that isn't allowed if you are a fundamentalist whack-job.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Quoting truth from the the Bible is not hatred, even if you find the truth inconvenient.

There is no way to misintrprept the message about homosexuality. If you do not accept it, that is one thing, but don't try to say there is an 'interpreption' of the scripture which condones homosexuality.

Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

Romans 1:26-27 - "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

But here is the good news. Homosexuals can inherit the kingdom of God if they come to Christ and leave their lifestyle behind:

1 Corinthians 6:11 - "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God'
You realize in the ancient Hebrew and Greek texts the word used did not refer to anything close to homosexual. You also realize that the actual word homosexual never came into being until the 1800's. How then did it appear in a book written a couple thousand years ago?

Old 12-20-2009, 09:44 PM

Quote:

But here is the good news. Homosexuals can inherit the kingdom of God if they come to Christ and leave their lifestyle behind:

There's also no way to misinterpret the message about those who wear clothes of two fabrics or sow two crops in the same field!

Sorry, you're convincing no one of your opinion who doesn't already hold it.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Shame on you, that isn't allowed if you are a fundamentalist whack-job.

Yeah, that's why I'm Presbyterian. BTW, love your "location" lol!

Old 12-20-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You realize in the ancient Hebrew and Greek texts the word used did not refer to anything close to homosexual. You also realize that the actual word homosexual never came into being until the 1800's. How then did it appear in a book written a couple thousand years ago?
God has a time machine!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality