U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 08:46 PM

56,119 posts, read 30,431,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I rely a lot on common sense and reason!
I rely on the Bible when it comes to matters of faith. But thanks for clarifying where you stand. If you rely on 'common sense' and 'reason' on matters of faith, then anything can be made acceptable as long as it is convenient to the person doing the reasoning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 08:47 PM

981 posts, read 580,025 times
Quote:
Only if it was popped with holy anointment oil
Darn! I forgot! And here I thought I followed the correct procedure for ridding the popcorn of sin! I guess its thoroughly and irreparably demonic...have to throw it out.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 PM

2,152 posts, read 1,963,281 times
Quote:
God has a time machine!
Makes sense I suppose. God has to have a time machine or how else could the concept of day/night in Genesis come into being before God gave us the Sun to mark day and night.

Some mornings after a night of one too many I wish I had a time machine to go back in time and change the quantity of beer I consumed.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:48 PM

14,174 posts, read 22,058,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I rely on the Bible when it comes to matters of faith. But thanks for clarifying where you stand. If you rely on 'common sense' and 'reason' on matters of faith, then anything can be made acceptable as long as it is convenient to the person doing the reasoning.
I pity the fool who tosses reason and common sense out the window and submits to blind faith. That's where religious extremism and holy wars begin.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 PM

2,152 posts, read 1,963,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Darn! I forgot! And here I thought I followed the correct procedure for ridding the popcorn of sin! I guess its thoroughly and irreparably demonic...have to throw it out.
Well if you are near me, I would be happy to bless the oil for you and make it holy. First batch - no charge.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Makes sense I suppose. God has to have a time machine or how else could the concept of day/night in Genesis come into being before God gave us the Sun to mark day and night.

Some mornings after a night of one too many I wish I had a time machine to go back in time and change the quantity of beer I consumed.
Or you could just drink three or four beers, then go back in time to the first beer. Lather, rinse, repeat!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:51 PM

981 posts, read 580,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
That's basically what Xtianity hinges on. Subjective interpretation.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Nowhere in the Bible does it condone the eating of popped corn, nor the use of satanic electric appliances. You'd have to really twist the Bible to justify eating such a tasty, demonic treat! I don't think eating popcorn glorifies God either. So no dancing and no popcorn for you!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You realize that your judgemental attitude towards other folks are going to see you lead the charge into hell. Oh yeah, what about the over 50% of evangelicals/born again "Christians" who get divorced? They are also hellbound sinners.

Actually if heaven is filled with judgemental folks who condemn and proclaim to know the truth, I would rather be in hell with the nice folk - you know the ones who love and accept people for who they are.
Encouraging someone to study the Bible for themselves to find the truth is not being judgemental. Nor is it judgemental to point out the Bible condemns homosexuality. It is there black on white. I am merely telling what the Bible says, since there is so many misconceptions here. If you were a murderer, and I told you that according to the Bible murder is sin, would I be judgemental? No, I would merely be telling you what the Bible says about the matter.

And no, divorcees do not automatically end up in hell. Even murderers do not automatically go there, nor homosexuals. Once you come to Christ, it is all washed away. But if yo choose not to accept Christ as your saviour, then you will end up there.

I would encourage you too to study the verses I posted on my previous post and explain to me how I have misunderstood them.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Nowhere in the Bible does it condone the eating of popped corn, nor the use of satanic electric appliances. You'd have to really twist the Bible to justify eating such a tasty, demonic treat! I don't think eating popcorn glorifies God either. So no dancing and no popcorn for you!
Nor does it say that eating popped corn is a sin. However it does say homosexuality is a sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality