Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 08:10 AM

36 posts, read 54,625 times

Advertisements

‎Logically God can not and should not be three; because you will ever ask which god of the three do they worship and whom they ask for help and who of the three gods responds to prayers and so on. With this notion, you will break the Unity of Allah too. In life, you will ever ask; which god created life, and which cares for it or takes care of it. You will ask too, who is responsible of creation. Which god created the mountains, and which the seas, the skies...

You will ask, do these three gods have the same missions and responsibiliries. Do they talk to each other. Do they have meetings to discuss matters. If so, would they never fight about a subject? If so, would this be a true GOD. Is this polite and wise to say.

Subhana Allah. Allah is All above this pagan thinking.
I hope they open thier minds to this. The heart will open too.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:05 AM

3,695 posts, read 11,357,531 times
God isn't three. That isn't what the concept of the Trinity teaches.

The closest that I can come to explaining it is to have you think about your own life. I am a father to my daughter, a son to my parents, and a husband to my wife. My relationship with my daughter, my parents and my wife are all different and they all see me in different ways, but I am only one person. Our relationship with God is different when we are thinking of him as creator, as judge, as savior, as teacher, as companion and as eternal being. The concept of the Trinity helps us to comprehend the different aspects of our relationship with God.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:17 AM

100 posts, read 155,590 times
‎Praise be to God, The Gracious, The Most Merciful.
The entire universe, in the way it is created and the way it is controlled, bears witness to the oneness of God.
The creation of the heavens and the earth, the alternation of night and day, the different kinds of inanimate objects, plants and fruits, the creation of humans and animals… all of that indicates that the Almighty Creator is One with no partner or associate
The variety and greatness of these created things, the perfect way in which they are formed, the way in which they are maintained and controlled, all indicate that the Creator is One.
Everything around us indicate that this universe has a Creator, that this dominion has a Sovereign, that behind these forms is One Who gives them shape.
The soundness of the heavens and the earth, the order of the universe, the harmony among created things, all indicate that the Creator is One, with no partner or associate.
These great created things either created themselves – which is impossible – or man created himself then created them – which is also impossible-.
Reason, Revelation and the original state of man ,all indicate that this universe has One Who brought into being, that these created things have a Creator Who is Ever-Living and Eternal, All-Knowing and All-Aware, Powerful and Almighty, Kind and Most Merciful. He has the Most Beautiful Names and Sublime Attributes and He knows all things. Nothing is beyond His control, and there is nothing like unto Him.
God has created people with the natural instinct to affirm His Lordship and Oneness, but the Satan came to the sons of Adam and caused them to deviate from their religion. Among them are those who deny the existence of God, and those who worship the Satan, and those who worship man. And there are those who believe in Trinity or fire, or genital organs, or animals. And there are some who associate in worship with Him a stone from the earth or a star in the sky.
These things which are worshipped instead of God, cannot create or provide; they cannot hear or see, or bring benefits or cause harm. So how can they worship them instead of God? How ignorant man is of his Lord Who created him and provides for him. How he rejects Him and forgets Him, and worships others instead of Him.

Is not God Who created the heavens and the earth, and sends down for us the rain from the sky, whereby We cause to grow wonderful gardens full of beauty and delight?!
Is not God Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein?!
Is not God Who responds to the distressed one, when he calls on Him, and Who removes the evil, and makes Humans inheritors of the earth, generations after generations?
Is there any God with the God?!!!

“Verily, it is not the eyes that grow blind, but it is the hearts which are in the breasts that grow blind”
Glorified be God far above that which they associate with Him. Praise be to God the Lord of the Worlds.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:49 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,543,835 times
The OP isn't discussing the nature of God. The OP is proclaiming Islam, as he (or she) does in every other such thread started up here in this forum. I'm always amazed at the way these people seem to think they're making a case, and everyone else will be completely unable to stand in the way of their "logic." It makes me wonder what was in their coffee.

Old 12-26-2009, 01:18 PM

810 posts, read 1,435,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean98125 View Post
God isn't three. That isn't what the concept of the Trinity teaches.

The closest that I can come to explaining it is to have you think about your own life. I am a father to my daughter, a son to my parents, and a husband to my wife. My relationship with my daughter, my parents and my wife are all different and they all see me in different ways, but I am only one person. Our relationship with God is different when we are thinking of him as creator, as judge, as savior, as teacher, as companion and as eternal being. The concept of the Trinity helps us to comprehend the different aspects of our relationship with God.
I've heard many different analogies used to explain the trinity.
I understand your explanation of the multiple roles that we all have in our lives. However, when you are standing before your parents and in your role as son...do you talk to your father role self?

Old 12-26-2009, 03:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,958,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soon View Post
‎Logically God can not and should not be three; because you will ever ask which god of the three do they worship and whom they ask for help and who of the three gods responds to prayers and so on. With this notion, you will break the Unity of Allah too. In life, you will ever ask; which god created life, and which cares for it or takes care of it. You will ask too, who is responsible of creation. Which god created the mountains, and which the seas, the skies...

You will ask, do these three gods have the same missions and responsibiliries. Do they talk to each other. Do they have meetings to discuss matters. If so, would they never fight about a subject? If so, would this be a true GOD. Is this polite and wise to say.

Subhana Allah. Allah is All above this pagan thinking.
I hope they open thier minds to this. The heart will open too.

Well of course you have it wrong. It is not three God's. It is three beings that equal one God. When the Old Testament God tells us, let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likeness. Who was the Old Testament God speaking to?

Can you answer that question?

Old 12-26-2009, 06:46 PM

593 posts, read 888,110 times
God CAN be three because he wants to be. Three that is manifestations each co equal and each
having a role. We have a spirit ! Hey that could make us two!! (but wait we are one) God tossed in
His image ie Jesus God in the flesh) "The word (God) was made flesh (guess who?) Jesus and dwealt
among us. "Jesus (without saying hellloooo!) if ou have seen me you have seen the Father." We all
need to get over this and procede to the next level which is studying al of scripture it reveals all
of these controverisal baby steps. Scripture warn that if you don't it'd literally impossible to get it.

Old 12-29-2009, 12:40 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,403,152 times
That is funny. Hegel saw the christian god as the most logical. Matter of fact, the trinity is logic for him and I bet Hegel knew a thing or two about logic. You have the universal (god), then the particular (christ) and then the return to the universal of the particular (ressurection and return to the father). If you get time read his philosophy of religion where he shows that all religions are basically trinitarian but lack the content to complete the syllogism; he concludes that reason is god.

Old 12-31-2009, 10:49 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,469,122 times
Thread closed because of the numerous hijacks/off topic and nonsensical posts..

I also want to remind you that English is the language of this board..Do not post in Chinese,Spanish, Arabic or any other language except English..Complete Bible/Quran quotes should be in English please..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.