Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,275 times

Advertisements

CS Lewis???
you mean like the Alice in wonderland guy?????
I didn't know he had other works that were more "grown up"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 08:53 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
The chances of an alien telling us that they also believed in Jesus are zero but it's an interesting thought. I guess if it did happen I'd simply drop dead of heart failure. I think it's highly likely that life exists on other planets where the conditions are right. Of course it would be the result of evolution just like it was here. I'm just not so sure that intelligent life with technology is common. When you consider all of the countless millions of species that have lived on this planet at one time or another it's only happened once. That is extremely rare on a planet that filled with living organisms.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:03 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,815,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
CS Lewis???
you mean like the Alice in wonderland guy?????
I didn't know he had other works that were more "grown up"

You are thinking of Lewis Carol...CS Lewis wrote The Chronicles of Narnia and a bunch of other stuff.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I guess if it did happen I'd simply drop dead of heart failure.
Don't worry I'm sure the aliens would be well equipped to perform CPR on ya!...

Old 05-21-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
You are thinking of Lewis Carol...CS Lewis wrote The Chronicles of Narnia and a bunch of other stuff.
yes yes yes that's right

It's early here and I have a sick kid home
last week of school BEST week of school and he decides to get sick

Old 05-21-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Don't worry I'm sure the aliens would be well equipped to perform CPR on ya!...
eeewwww Montana had alien lips on him gross!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:07 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Not to be argumentative (who me? argumentative) but it definitely is C.S. Lewis who wrote The space trilogy that I referred to.

It really doesn't seem like maybe something he would write ...or maybe it does, but he did (as well as the Narnia stuff which you mentioned.)

Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Not to be argumentative (who me? argumentative) but it definitely is C.S. Lewis who wrote The space trilogy that I referred to.

It really doesn't seem like maybe something he would write ...or maybe it does, but he did (as well as the Narnia stuff which you mentioned.)
Oh I'm not saying he didn't write the space trilogy, it was actually republished after his death as The Space Trilogy in 1975, originally they were three books titled Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra and The Hiddeous Strength. I was just trying to help out Dcn with the reference to Allice in Wonderland (children's classic) and Narnia (also a children's classic) which is easily confused, in my hormonally challenged brain anyway.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:14 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
Default for believers

Of course I believe there is life out in that neverending universe somewhere (when the bible was written they thought the world was flat and that their area was all there was) Anyay I Know there is definitely life on mars, because isn't that where men are from? Then there is my favorite place where all my female relatives and friends are from, Venus..Isn't it called the hottie planet?

Old 05-21-2007, 09:17 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Oh I'm not saying he didn't write the space trilogy, it was actually republished after his death as The Space Trilogy in 1975, originally they were three books titled Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra and The Hiddeous Strength. I was just trying to help out Dcn with the reference to Allice in Wonderland (children's classic) and Narnia (also a children's classic) which is easily confused, in my hormonally challenged brain anyway.
Sorry for additional confusion. Didn't read earlier post. I'm probably still not awake yet....at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality