Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 10:34 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,112,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I knoooooooow! And spending thousands of hours critiquing/criticizing the beliefs of a couple dozen theist STRANGERS on some internet forum ...and "high fiving" and "repping" the others that join in on it...is reeeeeeeealy going to do a lot to "shield" you from all that "social pressure" and "government influence of religion"...that those couple dozen strangers are SUUUUUURE to inflict on you.
It looks like your talking about yourself.
I see you joined March 12 2010 and already you have over 890 posts in the R&P forum.

Quote:
HaHaHaHaHa...give me a break!! Those that purport that they are on some kind of "mission" to keep "God and God-related" from "influencing our lives in a negative way"...and then further purport that's the "reason" they are here...implying they thought this was any sort of effective, or efficient, way to go about it...are either lying, or completely clueless.
Planting a seed can grow into something larger!
So it seems you must be lying or completely clueless. I don’t think your lying.

We have no fear of your god or hell.
Maybe you should have fear of Thor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 11:36 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,531,547 times
I always figured that a good reason not to fear hell is because there's no such place. But that's probably just me wondering out loud again.

Old 08-18-2010, 01:06 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,126,830 times
GldnRule: I hope you are not saying that there is no pressure by the religious factions to remove the separation of church and state. If you are, I've got news for you.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:43 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,819,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
It looks like your talking about yourself.
I see you joined March 12 2010 and already you have over 890 posts in the R&P forum.
Yep! There you have it. His 894 posts (5.61 per day) over such a short period, arguing against atheism must mean he believes in atheism.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:04 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,112,736 times
And another reason not to fear hell. As I said in another thread.

"I’m think'in when we get to hell Satan is going to treat us very well just to p*ss God off."

So, whats there to fear

Last edited by Aeroman; 08-18-2010 at 03:06 PM.. Reason: Of course I’m joking around, the belief in Hell is a joke.

Old 08-18-2010, 05:34 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,625,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yep! There you have it. His 894 posts (5.61 per day) over such a short period, arguing against atheism must mean he believes in atheism.
See...that's what you don't "get".

I DO see the merit in the Atheist viewpoint...I see the merit in ALL viewpoints. Of course they all differ from mine...since everybody's EXACT viewpoint is unique to them. And I would NEVER...no matter HOW horribly you guys cut on the beliefs of others...say something so hateful as , "You should have your license to breathe revoked...you don't deserve to part of the human race".

Oh, and BTW, my participation in this forum is, I'm sure, much different then most on here. I usually get to my club between 6:00 and 6:30PM, and it closes to the public at 4AM...we usually get out within an hour. That's where I am right now. The music the girls dance to is provided via a common program used in nightclubs called "PC DJ"...also all the security cameras go through the computer. So Mon-Sat nights I'm posting from my business...I'm AT WORK, MAKING MONEY for most of my posts. I'm sure that's not typical. It appears there are a lot of older guys that are in front of the computer when they could be doing something else. I've got to be on the computer ANYWAY...and "stuck" there. Most of the time I'm not "burning hours of my life"...to be on this board. This forum is used to kill the "lag time" when nothing that needs my attention is going on. I'd bet that's not the case for most. Not that I NEVER post from my home PC...but it's usually from the club...or from my iPhone, when I have a few minutes while I'm doing my day business. CHA-CHING!

How many hours did you guys say you spent in front of your computer SPECIFICALLY to be on this board? But I understand...ya gotta do all you can to shield the world from the couple dozen STRANGERS you debate on this forum...cuz, hey, ya never know! HaHaHaHa!

Oh, and...the BEST reason not to fear Hell---THERE IS NO HELL!! Oh yeah, "Eternal Torment" beyond anything you can imagine...that sounds about right...com'ooooon!

Last edited by GldnRule; 08-18-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 08-18-2010, 05:54 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,625,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
Seems to be working. Non religious people are quickly growing by the year. Mainly due to the internet and the loads of info available.

People can go research all they want. People can also come on these forums, and read the ridiculous nonsense said by many people (like god living in the sun or the universe rotating around the earth), and further push them towards thinking for themselves and coming up with their own conclusion.

In other words, you should keep posting because you help the cause greatly.
You won't see any of that crazy stuff in my posts...but I have seen some pretty off-the-wall concepts. Personally...they are some of my favorites...the more far out, the better--GREAT entertainment.

And I will say...that you do make a good point here.

Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 PM

46,887 posts, read 25,854,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovechrist View Post
Everyone believes in hell. athiests how come you talk about hell if you don't believe in it? You all talk about God too so that tells me something about your true nature
On occasion I have been known to talk of Odin & the guys in their home in Valhalla. Doesn't mean I believe that I'll join them if I die in honest combat.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:48 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,576,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovechrist View Post
Everyone believes in hell. athiests how come you talk about hell if you don't believe in it? You all talk about God too so that tells me something about your true nature
Wrong. I don't. Gosh that was easy...

Old 08-20-2010, 04:04 AM

50,082 posts, read 20,576,462 times
Quote:
I knoooooooow! And spending thousands of hours critiquing/criticizing the beliefs of a couple dozen theist STRANGERS on some internet forum ...and "high fiving" and "repping" the others that join in on it...is reeeeeeeealy going to do a lot to "shield" you from all that "social pressure" and "government influence of religion"...that those couple dozen strangers are SUUUUUURE to inflict on you.

WOW! And who was the genius that figured THIS FORUM is a good method/vehicle to focus thousands of hours of your life/effort on, to achieve that end?!!

HaHaHaHaHa...give me a break!! Those that purport that they are on some kind of "mission" to keep "God and God-related" from "influencing our lives in a negative way"...and then further purport that's the "reason" they are here...implying they thought this was any sort of effective, or efficient, way to go about it...are either lying, or completely clueless.
Gldrule, you further undermine your rapidly disintegrating reputation.

You begin with a point "if it's 1000 SECONDS on Bigfoot, but 1000 HOURS on God and related...it would make your case veeeeeery disingenuous. People don't spend thousands of hours discussing/debating what they believe doesn't exist..."

And Aeroman replies in a succinct and informative way.

"Its because Santa, Bigfoot, vampires and Harry Potter don’t influence our lives in a negative way."

And you should then, if you have any smigeon of integrity, say 'Ok, I understand. God - belief influences your life and society and that concerns you in a way that Santa, Bigfoot and Harry Potter don't. I'll bear that in mind, next time."

But instead we get...well, do I need to repeat it. "Those that purport that they are on some kind of "mission" ...are either lying, or completely clueless."

I doubt that anyone (other than perhaps Mystic, who is just tickled pink at having such a gullible disciple) is going to credit your opinions about us and our motives for a minute, nor will be taken in by your mendacious protestations that you are just having a bit of fun with us.

You are trying to score points against atheism any way you can.

Oh, and from your last post "And I would NEVER...no matter HOW horribly you guys cut on the beliefs of others...say something so hateful as , "You should have your license to breathe revoked...you don't deserve to part of the human race".

Of course this " "Those that purport that they are on some kind of "mission" ...are either lying, or completely clueless." you would arge is quite different. It's actually worse because the other one would have been purely your opinion. This one is a direct accusation.

We don't mind. You only hurt your own credibility and reputation, not ours. Live long and Prosper, Ldnrule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality