Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2011, 05:36 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,373,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post

Right. They CHOOSE to exclude me because of my sexual orientation, thus creating the lifestyle they CHOOSE to live. To each their own. I've had problems with women who burned for me as well.
You're sounding kinda narcissistic.... Problems with ALL these people "burning" for you?

Old 04-12-2011, 02:51 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Let me make it simple to understand. Being gay is just a mental defect. Some have it worse than others and some deal with the defect better than others. People with it should not be abused any more than someone with another defect be it mental or physical
This seems quite misguided to say the least.

Old 04-16-2011, 06:45 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,006,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Watch this video, then tell me if anyone still thinks homosexuality is a choice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye1-ytxmE68
It still is a choice just like anything else...There is no love involved in the homosexual lifestyle just as there is no love involved in the heterosexual lifestyle...Sex is merely a desire for the orgasmic sensation...Love is entirely something else disconnected from sex...It is the desire to be around a person whether it be male or female because one enjoys that person's company without the desire to have sex...One loves their mother...does one desire sex with her?...Father?...Brother?...Sin is merely disobedience to God's Commandments...All 613 of them...Even if you did not have them...Nature would still indicate that homosexuality is a deviation from the natural order of things...The pairing of two men and the pairing of two women cannot bring forth life as it were designed...Even if one was a hard core athiest and an evolutionist...natural selection and propegation of the species would prohibit homosexuality...Our libido is designed to cause us to mate and bring forth life in order to perpetuate the human race...If we had no desire then the human race would have died off long ago...And again, even from an evolutionary standpoint our bodies would have evolved the libido as a means of perpetuation of the species...

Old 04-16-2011, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
1. Homosexuality and pedophilia are two seperate concerns. Gays have meaningful relationships with adults of the same gender. Pedoes are totally uninterested in the gender of their victims, and are incapable of having relationships with other adults.

Your "War on Gay" rhetoric also ignores the simple fact that, by far, more girls are attacked by male predators.

You are after a simple appeal to emotion by attempting to equate pedophilia, a crime with a victim and illegal, to homosexuality, where there is no victim, no harm, and is now certainly legal in every western Nation.

2. Marriage is a government institution that some US citizens prefer to enact with religious Wedding Cerimonies. Your religion didn't invent marriage, your relgiion doesn't hold title to the term, or practice. Marriage is a Civil Right in this Nation and, since we aren't a theocracy like Saudi Arabia, your religion has no business dictating who the government, or willing clergy, can or cannot marry.

Lastly, if you cannot reply in anything less than an essay, you will be ignored.
You're fairly ignorant to a lot of things...aren't you?..

Old 04-16-2011, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And homosexualty isn't about using ritual sex in temples to worship pagan fertility gods like the Canaanites did.
Whatever...

Old 04-16-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Interesting, I have suspected that, for both gay men and women, that being gay is natural. If you are not gay, then it would not be natural to you----But, simply because it is not natural to you, does not mean that it is not a natural behavior.
Natural...would be according to nature...IOW the natural order of things...No matter how one attempts to create their own order of things they still cannot escape the natural order of the universe....

Old 04-16-2011, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Les View Post
Again I point out this is Biblically answered already....Why do you need to address it again, and again, and again over time, generationally, do you think something is going to change with God or his people?

OK I'll give it to you this way....God doesn't like it....and God is suppose to be the authoritive figure in our lives...His will, his word..his law...his precepts, and his covenants...these are what is important....and the baptismal and repentance, and self control over our members...so we do not become unclean before God.

Because we do not listent to them words...Jesus came...and he said Let them be....but perfect yoursleves (remove the wood from our own eyes)....and now the world is effected with std's and other virus and bacteria...killing people of all sides...as it effects all sides...through the blood, and the air, and the waters....

Are we reading the lesson right?

Little ones keep yourselves from fornication...abstain from it...This is wisdom speaking through observation of how the virus / bacteria is spread...

It is all in the Bible....if you do not believe in that....Then you have your answer....

Believe what ever suites you...But be aware there are things set in motion to cause pain and suffering for being disobediant....and putting a rubber on the old tool, doesn't make it right!
infact it would show that it is unclean!

Now if I didn't Love you would I say otherwise?

It is because I do Love...and I want you to enter the gates clean, so you can approch the Lord clean...although he can clean the unclean...why would you want to need that cleansing if you can help be clean before hand?

Same with sin...God can forgive sin...and punishment is for sin...but why sin if it is to be punished?...best to do as Christ has said "Do no more sin and be forgiven"

So like I said it is better to keep yourself from sin...so no punishment is due!

And it is wise to keep form fornication, cause it has its own punishments...And we know it!!!

Now we have enough in the world to formulate a truth...and God is coming out ontop...as it is said before hand...and written down for you to consume.
And the blood is becoming tainted...with all kinds of uncleanness...which effects the body, the mind, and the spirit to agree with God.
For it is foolish to disagree on these matters that have already been addressed by God..

But if you think you can do what every you want in life.., and live a clean life?? by doing what has been said not to...Go ahead.
But should you bring this stupidity to the churches, and houses of God, when the resulting factor is sickness and death?
Being foretold, and forewarned not only by God...but by looking into the world and the AIDS and other killer Virus and Bacteria coming out in the world, through fornication, and bad blood...

If this is what you want...then look into the world and see it as it is already showing signs...

Now as for Brotherly and sisterly Love..which is perfect...no sex...This is commendable behavior.

Do you think I speak from a empty heart?
Do you think I hate Gays?
No...But As God hates the ideal...I too have witnessed some very bad things in my life which I have drawn out for you to hear.
These opposite estates of Gods word and will, do not bring anyone to a good placement with God...and when raped and forced to accept the unacceptable...it is very hard on the mind and the spirit who are not like them....and who suffer in this debate, and the actions being foolishly acted out in defiance of Gods word?
HUMANKIND SUFFERS,,,...
If the lake of fire does not bring fear and repentance...it will surely purge the problem from the human estates...so no more sickness, no more wars, no more hatred...comes to pass.

Now change is due...as we know God is coming...if not already hear...So it would be mindful to atleast try to be clean...so when he calls you up...you are not punished...or have a unclean body, mind or spirit....

Natural?...by what means do you say natural?...what is natural for human conduct?...if it brings deseases and death is it natural?

Well if we take history into accounting...it is full of stupidity!...I'd say that is as natural as it gets with them.

or it is full of murder and warfare...slaughtering eachother, and making painted criminals to kill at their whims....

Or is it taking the word of God, and his laws and covenants and precepts, and changing them to suite ourselves...to have the above list of stupidities with us always...denying the master builder who built everything, So sin can abound?...and abundantly so it seems today...

Now if that is natural...what is chaos?...or am I to play the roll of natural and kill at my own whim?...and do all kinds of sin, because it is naturally going to make sickness and suffering abound...

Now intelligent people will say eventually...it cost too much money to solve and cure human stupidity...
So they educate them...and still they do the unthinkable things...knowing full well it is already being punished by way of God's word/= STD's!

If that is not a threat to you...where is your love for ALL of Humankind...to want to bring those STDs into our world through being disobediant...knowing what we know today!...it should compell you to not want to!

And there is enough already...time to make the right choice...not the natural one...or so they say...

Amen!
Be well.
Those that debase the Word of God and attempt to disprove it usually have a certain deviant behavior that they are trying to protect and propegate to others...where there are like minds gathered there is normalcy...

Old 04-16-2011, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambene View Post
Then that would not be what God truly wants and that would mean they/you/who ever was in charge is not a true follower of God. Because you would be going against his will....to love one another.

Let me repeat this REAL CHRISTIANS TRY OUR BEST TO DO GODS WILL. ONE OF HIS WILLS IS TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER NOT LOVE ONLY PEOPLE YOU LIKE.
When it was said to love one another it was talking to the body of believers...It also says in scripture to put the sinners away from you...hand them over to satan so that they may learn not to blaspheme...look at the man in the Corinthian church that was sleeping with his father's wife (that is to say his stepmother), Paul said to remove him from the congregation...However later in the 2nd epistle the man had repented and Paul told them to receive him back with love and not be hard on him lest he give up and go away...If one today would marry his stepmother after the passing of his father, no one would think it wrong for the woman is of no blood relation to him and it is not incest...but, obviously God says it is wrong...

Old 04-16-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambene View Post
tHIS WAS DELEATED BY jUNE 7TH FOR BEING OFF TOPIC....HOW IS IT OFF TOPIC?

No I DO wish it. What you said is good but that is what happens when you put Man in charge of things and they try to to skew and manipulate what they want to say it is ok it is "Gods will". I think that is WRONG but thats just me.
Woman would not be treated as property because that is not how God intends it to be. Like Jesus said "let he who has not sined cast the first stone (NO STONING). Your view points and examples of ""Christian Goodness"" is exactly what Jesus came to change and NOT how God wanted us to treat each other at ALL!! In a real Christian Theocracy a person would turn the other cheek not throw a stone. A real christian desn't try to change you only tries to be there for you. Jesus didn't get in people's faces he preached on a hill side and let people who wanted to listen come to him.

If you notice all the people that are mean on here and say God this and the Bible that....they don't combat what I am saying they don't try to quote scripture to me. Why??? They know Jesus would not do what they are doing. What they do is not what Jesus would do so it is harder for them to yell at me for accepting gay people loving gay people and supporting gay people then it is to just yell blindly at the gay community.

In the end hatred no mater who it is directed at and no mater who it is from is evil!!!!
Can anyone argue with that?
Do you really know what the phrase 'turn the other cheek' meant metaphorically back then when it was used and people totally understood it's intended meaning?...there are other interconnected verses in the epistles that clarify it's meaning...find them...

Old 04-16-2011, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
The Bible?

You mean that same ancient scripture that claims there is enough water on the planet to completely inundate the surface so some 600 year old guy, who wasn't a shipwright to begin with, can somehow figure out how to build a wooden craft that far exceedes the structural capacity of said meduim so that tens of millions of animals, birds, fish, reptiles, and insects, who all just happened to live within walking/crawling/flying/flopping distance of said craft, can ride out a storm? And that said craft could not only hold all of those creatures, but their feed for decades, including raw meat, as well as thousands, if not millions, of tons of plant seeds as well to replant the entire planet so your "loving god" can kill everything else from kids to kittens?

That Bible?

You mean the same bible that claims the earth and heavens (if one is counting it as merely our atmosphere) was created BEFORE the Universe? Or, if one takes "heavens" to mean Universe, that the earth and universe were created at the same time, but the stars later? And also claims that life began on the land, and not the sea as we know it did today?

That bible?

Or the same bible that condones incest in not only pre-flood myth times, the Adam and Eve MYTH, but in other examples as well, such as Lot buggering his daughters? This is of course ignoring the scientific FACT that the human race didn't begin with one couple, and could not have began with one couple due to the Minimal Viability Population?

That bible?

You'll forgive us our extreme skeptisism that there is some form of inherent authority and/or infallability in your bible, especially on such a secular concerns as homosexuality, Equality of Marriage,a nd other basic Civil Rights of said minority.
It is interesting that practically all if not ALL ancient civilizations have recorded similar if not exact same stories of inundation of the world...And science has proven that there indeed was a water canopy the covered the earth at one point in it's history which would explain why it is recorded in the scriptures that a mist came up from the ground and watered the face of the earth...the bible also speaks of Pangeia (The Supercontinent) That science has proven existed at one point in earth's history...Many have lokked at the biblical story of Moses as a fictional acount or metaphor...until a stone stele was found in Egypt that recorded the story almost verbatim from the view point of the Egyptians....If i focused on merely one point of view, i would be called Biased...But, i look at everything and yet my Faith remains....How IS that?...One must look at both sides of the story in order to see who is attempting to deceive and who is not...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality