Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 07:46 AM

125 posts, read 284,933 times

Advertisements

A Question

Allow me to ask a question, I’m eager to know the answer from members here, there no offense at all, you have all the right to answer or not,

You can reply:

………….. created me

No one created me

Nature created me

My parents created me

Jesus created me

Boza created me

Brahma created me

The holy spirit created me

Etc

So the question is:

Who created you? or what created you?

Again no offense at all, I’m eager to know who will say God created me

If you don’t want to answer, it is your right of course

Regards,
mahmoud

Old 01-06-2010, 08:00 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,217,049 times
I was created by an agreement I made with God. I chose to incarnate in a specific physical body at a specific time in history, choosing my gender, my parents, location, country, economic conditions, and specific life situations for the purpose of fulfilling (or attempting to fulfill) a specific Divine plan for my life.

God and I are partners in this adventure. God is the Creative Force behind all existence, and I agreed to come into existence using that creative force so God could know itself.

Actually "humans" are all splinters of God, created by God for the purpose of God knowing and experiencing itself through a myriad of delightful ways.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,813,426 times
I don't know who or what created me....but I do know how it was done. 'Yo mamma was an australopithecus, and so was mine.

Old 01-06-2010, 08:19 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
My parents with the help of the natural course of things created me.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:08 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,422 times
My parents created me using a tried and true natural biological process.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oct16 View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned post
Actually they compare quite well. Both are collections of make-believe stories containing lessons intended to give the reader moral grounding.
I suspect you are being rather ethnocentric in your opinion.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-06-2010 at 03:29 PM..

Old 01-06-2010, 05:48 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
ok, make it 76%.....as I said before though with normal distribution that will make more than 3/4 of the police, juries, judges and correction officers Christian.

Do you even know what normal distribution is?

I know a lot of Christians that are disgusted by Phelps and Swaggart too....being disgusted is nice.......but when they start busting the criminals then let me know......I may change my mind......until then forget it.......the religion as a whole shoulders the blame.
No PLEASE post your statistics, what exactly IS normal? Sounds like a whole lot of BS guessing and assuming to me. My step dad was a cop, my brother in law is a cop, I know a whole lot of atheist and non christian ( other religions) cops. In fact I know a whole lot of scientologist cops.

I also know a WHOLE lot of Christians that make excuses for a lot of BS their fellow Christians do.

I think Christianity on the whole should take the blame for oh the witch trials, crusades, inquisition oh and lets throw the Holocaust in since he was a believer also. Oh and every nutjob that claims to be doing something in the name of God, lets throw them in to. But the Christians will just say " oh they were not real chrisitians" like there even is such a thing. Scapegoat. You are generalizing, and Judging.

Old 01-06-2010, 06:12 PM

598 posts, read 917,259 times
An answer:

You have framed your question in a wrong way to begin with.

By asking "___ created me?", you had presumed "creation". Then, "who" will win the contest of "creation"? The biggest BS created by humans.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,198,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
There are Christian extremists.
You got atheist extremists too. Lenin, Stalin, Trotsky, Mao, Pol Pot, and Tito all did their fair share of genocide.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM

2,008 posts, read 3,326,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Islam murdered friends of mine. Muslims hide Al Qaeda all over the world. Muslim governments send money to the families of suicide bombers.

Islam is bent on world domination, yet look at the Islamic governments......running countries of poverty, repression, and incredible cruelty.....every bit as bad as the Spanish Inquisition. Christianity got through it, but Islamists want us to revert back to the 17th century.

Sorry, but so long as Muslims support terrorists they have no respectability.

An opportunity to express my religious freedom and contempt for the proselytizers of a hateful faith perhaps.......someone has to stand up and be wiling to say "This is not true." Otherwise people hear only the one side......that Islam is of peace, that Islam supports freedom........that is a lie. Islam is first and foremost a political system and is secondarily a religious system.....Muslims simply clothe their political ambitions with religious trappings.

It isn't hate......its anger..........
You know... In their eyes we're the criminals, the thugs - the terrorists. And for the most part they have some credibility in claiming so. Criminals and terrorists are defined strictly by society.

Almost everything you can say about them they can say about us. We can say they have an illegitimate religion, so can they. You can claim they're the bad guy, and so can they. You can breed animosity towards them, and they can do the same thing. so what do you plan to accomplish here other than a battle of subjective ideals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality