Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:46 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,339,164 times

Advertisements

Please forgive if this has been asked before; I'm new here and haven't had a chance to explore through all the posts in the forum.

I was interested in learning how the members view God in their thoughts. Do you see God as a father or grandfather-figure in the sky like in the Renaissance pictures? Or maybe you see God with a different appearance.... or possibly no-appearance? Has the way you perceive God to look changed much over your lifetime?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,235,167 times
To me God is truth...and from what I have in my reality to view as being part of the truth...
Truth is always, and in everything...Truth is the light, and the darkness...for where there is no light, that is what is...but one cannot live in darkness without the light, and the light is for the darkness!

Now if I have witnesses to this understanding...God is truth!
And something of the darkness says there is no light...and something of the light says there is no Darkness.

Jesus says he comes from the light, or is the light of Truth, because the God (Truth ) sent him to proclaim everlasting Life..."If we stop sinning" = "Do no more sin, and be forgiven"
And to quantify that..Jesus says to not only uphold the LAWS /commandments of God, But to add one more...this is LOVE....and with LOVE...we can correct ERROR....where murder and killing eachother Fails.

Now Mankind is saying religion is responsible for all kinds of Attrosities...But this is not True...for God has spoken and Given his laws /coammandments Not TO MURDER or KILL.

So It is not the religion that makes the attrosities happen...it is the misconception of the word of God..

Now if I correct error, and teach why it is error...and everyone agrees to the conceptual aspect of the truth...then I kill error with the truth....and no one dies...infact it brings in the ones who thought they were correct...and makes them truthful always!

That is where we , if I could use the term...make a better world order together.
For error is not from God...and error cannot correct truth...And God is truth...

So...that is my understanding of GOD, and Jesus, and all the saints, and priests, clergy, and prophets, messiahs, and spiritual seekers and knowers...

Now My reality has a EVIL entity or aspect in it...it is a horrable estate of being...it has tried to defile me, my family, and others I have encountered on the road of pain.
I have witnessed many...and have heard of even more over the airwaves, and still more are coming forth to this day....defiled children....and the spirit of this is a coward...a liar...a thief...a bent and ugly thing of selfishness.

I can see that oh so clearly in my reality...and I have to ask why is it the children are targeted?

Evil is a real problem...

And so I have to ask what creates Evil?
What is Evil tied to that we seem to be using or upholding so it is constantly reborn?
Generation after generation...the same old same old problem exists...
And it is existing because of some action, something being upheld....something old...something said not to use or have?...something Ingraven...something worshipped...something made to subject all the living to...that God said not to ......any truth to the ideal?....test it and see, Jesus says!

Ah ha!

For every action there is a equal and adverse reaction!...this is true always!

So something is not being done according to God = truth = eternal life.

And this world is now asking for human sacrifces into wars with no merits or truths to it.
And the wolrd is bent on false profits and gains...as it is said in the Bible...fraud, corruption, greed, selfishness,murder,thieves and criminals of all types...under the Ideal of democracy (old) and (the idol of money) Which Jesus concidered the culpret, and gave charge over the Money to Judas....and what happened then is telling of that EVIL?...surely?

Sir Les

Last edited by Sir Les; 01-07-2010 at 12:24 PM..

Old 01-07-2010, 12:09 PM

132 posts, read 257,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Please forgive if this has been asked before; I'm new here and haven't had a chance to explore through all the posts in the forum.

I was interested in learning how the members view God in their thoughts. Do you see God as a father or grandfather-figure in the sky like in the Renaissance pictures? Or maybe you see God with a different appearance.... or possibly no-appearance? Has the way you perceive God to look changed much over your lifetime?
I think "god"/"the creator" (whatever you want to call it) is an impersonal entity that exists harmoniously within all of nature.

What I DON'T think "god"/"the creator" is, is a malevolent entity that exists outside of nature, and who concerns itself with the fates of human beings on planet Earth.

DD

Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,854,040 times
Quote:
I was interested in learning how the members view God in their thoughts.
Hummmmmm, kinda like a cross between the easter bunny and casper the friendly ghost? I do not see a god as any type of realistic being, I don't, as a rule, dote on the physical appearance of mythological beasties. How do I visualize Thor or Huitzilepochele - by in large, I don't.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:39 PM

645 posts, read 1,451,729 times
I think everyone believe in God, but then you have people who like to be difficult and say they don't believe in God because of all the things that goes on in the world. I just don't believe people when they say they don't believe in God, they just can't understand life. That's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,975,128 times
Quote:
Let me ask you some parallel questions. How do you view a thought? Is it like a book? a DVD?

Or how do you view love? Is it a valentine? Is it a diamond?

Or what is your view of education? Is it a cap and gown on a spring day? Is it a diploma?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
I think everyone believe in God, but then you have people who like to be difficult and say they don't believe in God because of all the things that goes on in the world. I just don't believe people when they say they don't believe in God, they just can't understand life. That's my opinion and i'm sticking to it.

Lidesprecious09, so when you think of God what does God look like to you?

Old 01-07-2010, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
Let me ask you some parallel questions. How do you view a thought? Is it like a book? a DVD?

Or how do you view love? Is it a valentine? Is it a diamond?

Or what is your view of education? Is it a cap and gown on a spring day? Is it a diploma?

Goodpasture, good question. The way I see it, thoughts, love and education are broad abstract ideas. Although God may also be thought of as an abstract concept, many people characterize God with having a form or shape or some other type of visual representation that they conceive in their mind. When I was a child, I thought of God as a bearded heavenly being that floated around like the clouds do. That was when I was young, and it was an idea that I formed from looking at pictures of depictions of God.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:29 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,664,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
You have your right to your opinion, but you are wrong.

Old 01-07-2010, 01:49 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,650 times
What is my concept of god? Honestly, I don't know. I will say this though: if there is a god/power/force/creator/whatever, it would have to be so large, so powerful, so infinite, so beyond human beings that we could not hope to truly understand it. If it is out there, then it would have to laugh at our ridiculous attempts to try to comprehend it and especially at our attempts to anthropomorphise it (this assumes that it's a sentient thing and not just a force of some sort). I don't know what "god" is, but I am convinced that if it does exist, it is way more than the prepackaged god-in-a-box most of the world's faiths present to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality