Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 10:00 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,466,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
But he KNOWS everything. LOL
Great cooga-mooga! It slipped my mind!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 12:29 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,870,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Not a BUD< there you go assuming again.

And all Jews will not be returning, sorry to burst your bubble. Most Jews does not equal all, which is what was said, that ALL jews will return. NOT going to happen.
You're right! Tom (as usual) semi- or mis-quotes quotes the bible, which prophecies that ALL Jews will be returning. How likely is that when the Stage Door Deli in New York City will still be open for business??

Anyhow, can we have a firm date please (it is a prophecy after all, so a date would be in order... but Sir Isaac certainly made no such determination, just a good Christian hunchy-poo...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Cienega View Post
Wow...yes Isaac Newton founded some of the basic principles of science we know today but that was far before... etc [cut for brevity]

...but today, in the information age....the more someone knows the less likely one is to believe that the creator of the universe cares what you do with your life, in what direction you pray or even if you pray at all.

I will not argue with you because its useless...but I hope you realize how vague and stupid your assumptions are.
Why thank you, La Cienega! You said it all so well! Thus the tiresome statements that the scientists of old, with the awful burden of their socialized Christian past hovering over them like a dark sword, claimed to be both Christian and users of the infant Scientific Method.

And this means what in terms of today's understandings?

Exactly. Nada.

Old 02-15-2010, 12:31 AM

6,222 posts, read 3,983,837 times
Rifleman wrote:
Coincidentally, I happened to hear on the radio today that 75%+ of the Jewish population in this world lives in the USA. "Scientists agree that..." this percentage is rising rapidly. Aside from perhaps taking a lifelong dream vacation trip to the Holy Cities, and then getting the heck outa there when the rockets fly again, there are precious few Jews who would give up living comfortably in West LA or New York City and go to the relative hell hole that is Israel.

Rifleman, you should be ashame alot is riding on this one.

Old 02-15-2010, 06:33 AM

896 posts, read 1,860,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Rifleman, you should be ashame alot is riding on this one.

Why should someone be ashame(d) of expressing a truth?

Old 02-15-2010, 02:05 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,870,401 times
I'm thinkin' he's just joshin' us!

Meantime, the clock's ticking on good old Sir Isaac. Funny stuff, especially when it passes without incident, as all the so-called biblical prophecies have. I particularly like how they get recycled when they don't happen "right".

Just dust off, and regurgitate another fear-soaked date and time! (anyone else see the comedy movie 2012? Hilarious!).

"Oh save me, save me!"

Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM

6,222 posts, read 3,983,837 times
just a reminder!
we are still on prophecy watch.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:22 PM

896 posts, read 1,860,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
just a reminder!
we are still on prophecy watch.
Ah thanks. Its very comforting to know that someone's minding the store.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:33 PM

24,624 posts, read 19,032,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Why would Newtons Biblical view change, when it is obvious that Newton was correct about the return of the Jews to Israel, and Jerusalem?
First, Newton's predictions are all wrong.

Second, the reason Newton would change is views is that he would become aware that the "bible" he was using, namely the Kinki Jimi Vision, was replete with errors.

Once Newton was aware that he was basing his claims on a faulty text, he would retract them, since Codex Aleppo and Codex Leningradis wouldn't support his clams.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:07 AM

15,582 posts, read 7,460,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Common sense would tell you that before such events could occure, the stage for such event would first have to exist. Israel became a nation in the year 1948, and this stage is still under construction. And many more Jewish people still have to return to Israel before the play begins. But I can assure you, the opening act will be one this world will never forget.LOL
There is another character cast in this play, the 12th Imam aka, the hidden Imam.

American Thinker: Ahmadinejad Awaits the Hidden Imam

Quote:
At the end of his speech at the United Nations in the fall of 2005, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad made an invocation to Allah to bring about the speedy reappearance of the Hidden Imam.
Cambell, you're very knowledgeable and I have enjoyed reading this thread. However, imho, the temple rebuild will be spiritual, not physical brick and mortar.

I try to think of this world still in existence in the year 3060 and I can't. We don't have what it takes to live that long.

Also, did Sir Newton take into account in his equations a variable named Ahmadinejad and Nukes!

Old 12-04-2010, 01:11 AM

15,582 posts, read 7,460,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
First, Newton's predictions are all wrong.

Second, the reason Newton would change is views is that he would become aware that the "bible" he was using, namely the Kinki Jimi Vision, was replete with errors.

Once Newton was aware that he was basing his claims on a faulty text, he would retract them, since Codex Aleppo and Codex Leningradis wouldn't support his clams.
I will raise your second with this link:
Textual Criticism of the Greek New Testament happy hunting for errors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality