Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 02:45 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times

Advertisements

SoCalAngel2009 wrote:
Quote:
Well, like I posted, we can't see our soul, but we can feel it... and when it's open, you know, because there is a inner physical sensation taking place... with me, it's around my heart area.
If your soul is in the area of your heart what would happen to it if you had a heart transplant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 03:07 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,981,976 times
It isn't so it is irrelevant

Old 01-10-2010, 03:13 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Nice try... it's all about our souls. When yours wakes up, you'll know what I mean.

No, its actually not..... Its about living a good ethical life, helping your fellow man and being the best person you can be. Its not about worrying about your soul or whether you will be saved or not. Many people are spiritual and they don't worry about their soul or salvation, they live for the here and now and that is whats important. Spirituality takes many forms.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:00 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
No, its actually not..... Its about living a good ethical life, helping your fellow man and being the best person you can be. Its not about worrying about your soul or whether you will be saved or not. Many people are spiritual and they don't worry about their soul or salvation, they live for the here and now and that is whats important. Spirituality takes many forms.
Well, I don't worry about my salvation, because with God's Divine Love, I'm assured of it. If people want to purify their souls with natural love in any which way they choose, I applaud them. But this world isn't the end of it... there's more to come. So stay tuned... you'll know when you get there.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
SoCalAngel2009 wrote:

If your soul is in the area of your heart what would happen to it if you had a heart transplant?
You'd get a new heart. But your soul will be the same as it ever was.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:02 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,165,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by learningCA View Post
What do you do?
I don't understand what you mean by "spiritual".

Old 01-10-2010, 05:15 PM

SoCalAngel2009 wrote:
Quote:
You'd get a new heart. But your soul will be the same as it ever was.
Could you explain this in a little more detail? Does that mean if the human soul is somehow attached to your heart which sounds like what you're saying based on your earlier post does that mean that your soul would hop from the old heart to the new one during the operation? Surely you must see why those of us who are not believers are extremely skeptical of the existence of the soul when we're presented with such an explanation. I think I've heard many more believers state that they believe that the soul is somehow linked to the human brain because that's where our consciousness exists but I would have the same question for those individuals. If a brain transplant becomes a possibility which I suspect is very likely in the distant future then does the soul somehow pop into the new brain at the appropriate moment? What I'm really saying is that the soul appears to be a man made idea that doesn't actually exist in nature when you really consider the claims that are being made.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:29 PM

598 posts, read 917,259 times
There are many types of human spirits; being religious is not one of them.

This is one of those confusions that religious people are having trouble with. Others include (but not limited to): confused faith-based events as "truth", confused religious codes as "moral values" ...

Old 01-10-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
SoCalAngel2009 wrote:

Could you explain this in a little more detail? Does that mean if the human soul is somehow attached to your heart which sounds like what you're saying based on your earlier post does that mean that your soul would hop from the old heart to the new one during the operation? Surely you must see why those of us who are not believers are extremely skeptical of the existence of the soul when we're presented with such an explanation. I think I've heard many more believers state that they believe that the soul is somehow linked to the human brain because that's where our consciousness exists but I would have the same question for those individuals. If a brain transplant becomes a possibility which I suspect is very likely in the distant future then does the soul somehow pop into the new brain at the appropriate moment? What I'm really saying is that the soul appears to be a man made idea that doesn't actually exist in nature when you really consider the claims that are being made.
Our souls are not attached to our hearts or any other organ. I just feel that my soul is open in the vicinity of my heart. Inside each of our bodies, we have another body, which is our spirit body and this is where our soul is. At the point when we cease breathing, our spirit body with our soul is released and it moves to the next world.

Read this:

Quote:
The spirit part of man is that part which contains what may be called the functions of life, and the force and power existing in him and which immediately control him in his conduct and living. This real, existing principle of life, unlike the body, never dies, but continues to live after the spirit drops its envelope of flesh.

The spirit part of man contains the seat of the mental faculties and reasoning powers, and uses the organs of the material body to manifest these attributes. These faculties live and exist even though the physical body may be in such imperfect condition that the spirit may not be able to make its manifestations, in such a way as to enable the mortal to perceive or sense the material things of nature, as they are called. To specify, even though the material organs of sight may become impaired or destroyed, yet in that spirit body, which is within the physical body, exists the actual sight just as perfectly and completely, as if these impaired or destroyed organs were doing their functioning, and the same is true as regards the hearing and the others of what are called the five senses of man.

The Truth Concerning the Body, Spirit and Soul (http://tinyurl.com/ykj6ufb - broken link)

Old 01-10-2010, 05:59 PM

SoCalAngel2009 wrote:
Quote:
Our souls are not attached to our hearts or any other organ. I just feel that my soul is open in the vicinity of my heart. Inside each of our bodies, we have another body, which is our spirit body and this is where our soul is.
As I've said before I have a problem with the fact that we are unable to detect anything that you're claiming to be true. I don't find it to be believable that if I was struck by a Greyhound bus that my extra body that contains my spirit body would swing into action and leave my mangled physical body on the street as it made it's way to some sort of spirit world where I would be reunited with loved ones and possibly meet Jesus or at least get his autograph. All I have ever asked of anyone who believes in these things is to provide some sort of credible evidence that would support such a thing. Do you have any?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality