Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 11:02 AM

25,956 posts, read 24,675,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom View Post
Look at the fruits and you will know if one's belief is working.

godspeed,

freedom
Does not work. for any religion and belief there are examples where the followers are doing fine while other followers of the same religion / belief are facing many problems. There are so many other factors that influence what you call fruits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 11:05 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
I an attempting to send another donation to the Canadian Red Cross, but the site must be flooded. It's taking forever to get confirmation...Works out great for me...Canada matches my donation, and I get to deduct the amount from my taxes...I think this is gonna cost my government a pretty penny.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,822,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
What gives you the idea that people sin? I don't sin by your Christian standards, not even by my own stricter standards. Most people I know don't commit any sins as defined by Christianity.
So you are saying you have never lied, talked bad about anyone, support abortion rights, broken the spead limit, looked upon another with lust, etc...etc? So you are perfect? You can honestly say you have kept the ten commandment?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:09 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,822,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What threats? Cowardly? Oh I will take you on anytime!!! No fear at all, not with what my family has indured, You would be a cakewalk. but I have friends on here and I like the forums, so better to just put the trolls on ignore. Not going to fall for the bait.
You will take me on anytime but you will come unprepared and cry foul just as you have already done.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:11 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,644,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You will take me on anytime but you will come unprepared and cry foul just as you have already done.
hahahahah . Unprepared, not, cry foul,not. Worried about being banned, yep.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,742,717 times
Pat Robertson needs to be put to sleep.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So you are saying you have never lied, talked bad about anyone, support abortion rights, broken the spead limit, looked upon another with lust, etc...etc? So you are perfect? You can honestly say you have kept the ten commandment?
1. yep I am sure I lied as a child=death NICE
2. yep those on here that think horrible things about those affected by horror= death NICE
3. Yes it is called attraction perfectly normal, married him=death NICE
4. Abortion-Depends=death NICE
5.Yes but dont see speeding on the list of commandments

No not perfect=DEATH NICE

Believe in 10 demands, NOPE, well not the first 4 anyway.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,043,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
Thanks for sharing that. I will definitely be praying that you hear from her very soon!

As for the heat, I live in Minnesota and love the cold, so heat would be a serious problem for me. Especially since I'm about the whitest white person you could ever meet. I'd need SPF100 if they made it.
Why would you pray for her friend (or anyone in Haiti) if you truly feel it is God's judgment? Don't you trust that God did the right thing? Can your prayers spare her God's judgment? Can you change God's mind regarding her fate or erase her sins with your prayers?

If you really feel that the good and bad things that happen to people, nations and in this world are a result of God's judgment then your prayers matter not. It is too late for them...instead start praying for yourself that God does not send the judgment that you too deserve!!
Take a note of Freedom's post...you two seem to be in agreement.
Quote:
Who is not deserving of correction? Who has not sinned and therefore been deemed worthy of death?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Pat Robertson needs to be put to sleep.
Nicely or crushed by a building in a earthquake?

Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,312,385 times
As a Christian, the majority of the "christian" responses have my blood boiling

At exactly what point does God become involved in someone's suffering?

Are the relatives of a plane disaster punished because the pilot was boinking the stewardess?

Is it God's retribution when a Christian family is swallowed by a sink hole on the highway?

Was the golfer damned because he was hit by lightning.

Was London cursed by bombing raids during World War 2? Or blessed because the USA came and bombed children in Dresden?

How many people need to be wiped out by natural disaster for it to be deemed an act of God's wrath?....1?.....10?....100?.....10,000?

This whole thread has produced nothing more than the fruit of evil.

Where are the posts identifying relief agencies, or volunteer opportunities?

Where are the prayers for the suffering?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality