Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2010, 11:19 AM

48,125 posts, read 21,999,038 times

Advertisements

I think Pat Robertson is God's retribution on America for the tea party movement.

We've been smote;
That's all she wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2010, 11:22 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
1. yep I am sure I lied as a child=death NICE
2. yep those on here that think horrible things about those affected by horror= death NICE
3. Yes it is called attraction perfectly normal, married him=death NICE
4. Abortion-Depends=death NICE
5.Yes but dont see speeding on the list of commandments

No not perfect=DEATH NICE

Believe in 10 demands, NOPE, well not the first 4 anyway.
The first four is what realy counts for the rest to work.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:23 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,819,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Pat Robertson needs to be put to sleep.
I don't know if I'd go that far....but I think he should be put in the looney bin.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,668,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
As a Christian, the majority of the "christian" responses have my blood boiling

At exactly what point does God become involved in someone's suffering?

Are the relatives of a plane disaster punished because the pilot was boinking the stewardess?

Is it God's retribution when a Christian family is swallowed by a sink hole on the highway?

Was the golfer damned because he was hit by lightning.

Was London cursed by bombing raids during World War 2? Or blessed because the USA came and bombed children in Dresden?

How many people need to be wiped out by natural disaster for it to be deemed an act of God's wrath?....1?.....10?....100?.....10,000?

This whole thread has produced nothing more than the fruit of evil.

Where are the posts identifying relief agencies, or volunteer opportunities?

Where are the prayers for the suffering?

You are a cool Christian for sure.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
The first four is what realy counts for the rest to work.
I am not into egomaniacs, cant follow the four.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:

Are the relatives of a plane disaster punished because the pilot was boinking the stewardess?

Is it God's retribution when a Christian family is swallowed by a sink hole on the highway?

Was London cursed by bombing raids during World War 2? Or blessed because the USA came and bombed children in Dresden?

How many people need to be wiped out by natural disaster for it to be deemed an act of God's wrath?....1?.....10?....100?.....10,000?

I agree....It got my dander up too until I decided to block a couple of posters...Just type Haiti relief in google and you will have lots of choices, but the online donation sites seem to be bogged down right now, at least the Red Cross is...I wasn't able to get my donation confirmed, and if they don't send e-mail confirmation I'll try again tomorrow....Good on you!

Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,061,904 times
Quote:

Where are the prayers for the suffering
?

You are exactly right....but just like the disciples didn't think about helping, healing or restoring sight to the blind man...they figured he got what he deserved...end of story.

Jesus corrected the disciples, some here haven't got the message yet. Why would they pray for evil people who are getting just what they deserve? God's wrath is fair and just...they all deserve the suffering, torment and agony they are getting now, each and every one of them...prayers are meaningless. RIGHT?!?!

That's not the Christianity I know. Some of you should think long and hard not only about just what you are saying...the lack of compassion, concern, empathy...but the example and witness you are sharing. Who, as a non-believer, would you draw in with your words? Who would want to be a part of Christianity as you are presenting it? I AM a Christian and I don't want any part of what you are preaching. It's disgusting.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:31 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,834,604 times
Quote:

You know He is there with the good and the bad.

Quote:
There are none without sin.

Quote:
It all works for Gods plan.

Quote:
I am sure there is more to it than that.

Quote:
You seem to be missing the big picture.

Quote:
Just one would do.

Quote:

Their there but clearly overlooked.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,337,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
You are a cool Christian for sure.
No. I'm really not.

I'm sitting here in my upper middle class heated home, on my leather desk chair reading about the screams of pain and terror in Haiti.

The pain, suffering, chaos, stench, and horror is beyond my imagination.

I feel helpless.

No, I'm not a cool Christian.

Old 01-14-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I agree....It got my dander up too until I decided to block a couple of posters...Just type Haiti relief in google and you will have lots of choices, but the online donation sites seem to be bogged down right now, at least the Red Cross is...I wasn't able to get my donation confirmed, and if they don't send e-mail confirmation I'll try again tomorrow....Good on you!
yes, probably the best thing to do. I made mine this morning. My kids actually came to me with the idea to use our disney money we have saved for it, at that moment I could not have loved my kids more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality