Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 04:39 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times

Advertisements

The thread title is obviously a statement which would sit just opposite of the popular (though much maligned) slogan "All paths lead to God".

Christians (and all other exclusive belief systems) generally don't like the statement "All paths lead to God" as it shoots an arrow directly through the heart of their presumed exclusivity.

I'm sure it's not an atheist's favorite slogan either.

So another way of looking at it could be "NO Paths Lead to God" (to which all my atheist friends could instantly shout a hearty "Amen brother!").

But consider this statement by A.J. Muste
"There is no way to peace; peace is the way"

Do you see what the man was trying to say?

The more I read the many concepts touted around here, the more I am convinced of this: There is no path to God - only the path OF God. The point when one realizes that the path and the destination are one and the same.

Comments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:49 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Two, I suppose.

(a) A path OF God is what it is; it does not neccessarily lead anywhere.

(b) which 'god' are we talking about?

Old 01-17-2010, 07:26 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
In my own opinion, I think a path is a life style of which there are many going in all directions..Some paths lead to God some do not..

Old 01-17-2010, 07:50 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
There is only one path to God and that is through His Son Jesus Christ,who died for our sins on the cross.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:12 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Pray for God's Divine Love... that will get you there.

Celestial Vision Productions

Old 01-17-2010, 12:03 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
The thread title is obviously a statement which would sit just opposite of the popular (though much maligned) slogan "All paths lead to God".

Christians (and all other exclusive belief systems) generally don't like the statement "All paths lead to God" as it shoots an arrow directly through the heart of their presumed exclusivity.

I'm sure it's not an atheist's favorite slogan either.

So another way of looking at it could be "NO Paths Lead to God" (to which all my atheist friends could instantly shout a hearty "Amen brother!").

But consider this statement by A.J. Muste
"There is no way to peace; peace is the way"

Do you see what the man was trying to say?

The more I read the many concepts touted around here, the more I am convinced of this: There is no path to God - only the path OF God. The point when one realizes that the path and the destination are one and the same.

Comments?
"Peace" isn't a natural human trait, besides being a highly subjective term.

So one msut create "peace". In creating said "peace" one is creating a "way".

Therefor, "peace" is yet another "way".

Old 01-17-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
(b) which 'god' are we talking about?
From my perspective I'm referring to "God" as the source and content of all that which exists both in this physical plain and in all other possible dimensions of existence (spiritual/alternate dimensions etc).

Old 01-17-2010, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
There is only one path to God and that is through His Son Jesus Christ,who died for our sins on the cross.
Orthodox Christian theology would actually be an example of a belief system which embraces the premise of the OP.

If a Christian denied the premise of the OP then they would also be denying that Jesus is God and would by default fall into the category of an unorthodox believer.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned post
OR a "son" could symbolize an agency for God to experience space/time and all the misery and bliss which go along with it. Remember - biblically ADAM is also referred to as the "son of God" which qualifies all humanity as well.

This concept would fall into the category of "Biblical Panentheism"
Biblical Panentheism: God in all things

Old 01-17-2010, 08:00 PM

118 posts, read 180,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned post

THrough his death and ressurection, Jesus Christ embodies a spiritual phenomenom that enlightens and cleanses people of sin. Welcome to reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality