Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 05:16 PM

465 posts, read 528,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by branfan View Post
i understand. i get that you don't want to follow Christ. you have to understand where Christians are coming from though. when you feel that there is a better way of life, you want to share it. you want others to be a part of it because you love them. Christians haven't been commanded to shutup about Jesus, but i understand what you're saying.

so on that note i leave you in peace. be blessed!
That's just it. The arrogance to declare that your way of life if the only way someone can be happy. It's offensive and annoying.

It's just like a hobby or deciding where to live. I may be the happiest person living in Hawaii, but someone else may not like the idea of living on an island. I guess I should keep beating them over the head with how awesome it is and how they are crazy, lost, and deluded they are if they don't move there and continue living in Michigan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 05:23 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
That's just it. The arrogance to declare that your way of life if the only way someone can be happy. It's offensive and annoying.

It's just like a hobby or deciding where to live. I may be the happiest person living in Hawaii, but someone else may not like the idea of living on an island. I guess I should keep beating them over the head with how awesome it is and how they are crazy, lost, and deluded they are if they don't move there and continue living in Michigan.

Old 10-23-2010, 05:26 PM

664 posts, read 855,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post

live your life. be happy!

Old 10-23-2010, 07:20 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
There is no good without loving god.. or am I mistaken? Is this the age old argument, you can't be good without god?
No it's not the age old argument. You keep insisting on the wrong direction of attribution. God IS love . . . the consciousness energy form of it. Love is always good. Every good act and every real expression of love (agape . . not lust) is actually responsive to God within us (regardless what we consciously think about the existence of God). God is the very fabric of our reality, period.

Old 10-24-2010, 11:03 PM

460 posts, read 593,115 times
God demands 10%??????

Some interesting person wrote this as a guideline (has some Judaic backing), and then some other yo-yo decided to make it mandatory. It ended up in scripture (because scripture could be enforced), thereby lining the pockets of human beings (not God, by the way).

This is just another one of the pimples uglifying the otherwise pristine face of the Christ message. To take a certain set of writings, excluding many beautiful writings by the forefathers of Christianity, and then have the audacity to proclaim these manmade and man-written writings as "God said" borders on the absurd.

And it is not just the Christians who own this playing field. We see it everyday politics as well. What amazes me is not what people believe; what amazes me is how readily--if not gullible--people are in rushing to something in which to believe.

Old 10-26-2010, 01:31 AM

465 posts, read 463,800 times
Christianity, Judaism and Islam are fairy tales loosely based on historical facts.

You've really gotta delude yourself to make reality fit into the persepctive of these religions.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:55 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,166,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No it's not the age old argument. You keep insisting on the wrong direction of attribution. God IS love . . . the consciousness energy form of it. Love is always good. Every good act and every real expression of love (agape . . not lust) is actually responsive to God within us (regardless what we consciously think about the existence of God). God is the very fabric of our reality, period.
So god is an emotion? I can't except such a claim without evidence, what would you say is the evidence for such a claim?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
So god is an emotion? I can't except such a claim without evidence, what would you say is the evidence for such a claim?
Why do you insist on trying to rephrase and misstate my posts? Love is a "state of mind" (consciousness) . . . God is consciousness and His "state of mind" is universally love. If our consciousnesses are not in tune with love . . . it is discordant and dissonant with God (not a good thing). When our consciousnesses are in tune with love . . . we are compatible with God's consciousness. Remember we are constantly "producing" our consciousness in all kinds of "states of mind" . . . yet our aggregate accumulation must reside within the universal field that establishes our reality (God's consciousness). God is not happy with a lot of dissonance and discord (non-love consciousness) . . . anymore than we are happy with out of tune music or static on radios or . . . whatever.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:05 AM

271 posts, read 355,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you insist on trying to rephrase and misstate my posts? Love is a "state of mind" (consciousness) . . . God is consciousness and His "state of mind" is universally love. If our consciousnesses are not in tune with love . . . it is discordant and dissonant with God (not a good thing). When our consciousnesses are in tune with love . . . we are compatible with God's consciousness. Remember we are constantly "producing" our consciousness in all kinds of "states of mind" . . . yet our aggregate accumulation must reside within the universal field that establishes our reality (God's consciousness). God is not happy with a lot of dissonance and discord (non-love consciousness) . . . anymore than we are happy with out of tune music or static on radios or . . . whatever.

sorry, but I want to ask you. how did you know that
His "state of mind" is universally love ? Who tell you ?

40:3

The forgiver of sin, acceptor of repentance, severe in punishment, owner of abundance. There is no deity except Him; to Him is the destination.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
sorry, but I want to ask you. how did you know that
His "state of mind" is universally love ? Who tell you ?
I experience it directly . . . and the scripture says God IS love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality