Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 10:47 AM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
The best argument supporting Creationism is that you see by your own eyes the creation of some animals directly without their alleged evolution.

I Saw with My Own Eyes
I was thinking picture, but it's just more Islamic preaching....No support there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 07:21 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Still up to your usual tricks, I see Arequipa. Why do you insist on using guilt by association and false equivalence to undermine views you don't agree with and cannot refute intellectually? It does not speak well of your character.
Sorry. I was perhaps out of line associating your much better reasoned theory with this idea. It was just that the idea that Lantern's theory if it worked would astonish the world, and that reminded me of my suggestion that you take yours to the experts.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 PM

130 posts, read 152,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Sorry. I was perhaps out of line associating your much better reasoned theory with this idea. It was just that the idea that Lantern's theory if it worked would astonish the world, and that reminded me of my suggestion that you take yours to the experts.

I have an interesting question. If my experiment worked, or let's say I prove creationism according to the Genesis account, do you think that everyone would come to God and be saved?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:02 AM

3,636 posts, read 3,423,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Why do you insist on using guilt by association and false equivalence to undermine views you don't agree with and cannot refute intellectually?
How does one refute intellectually positions that were never reached intellectually was likely the point of the users comparison. While the two of you who were thusly compared like to wave your hypothesis around your head you insist on doing so without evidence or support for said hypothesis.

What Arqs comment says to me is that if one or both of you would ever get around to writing a paper on your views and have it peer reviewed and released in journals then perhaps it will afford you a credibility that will get you out of the mire that a lack of any has seemingly placed you in.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:19 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
The fact that I'm here.

How could this be an incidence of random elements combining in just the right order?

Anyone who knows anything about science understands the complicated structures of life.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lantern View Post
I have an interesting question. If my experiment worked, or let's say I prove creationism according to the Genesis account, do you think that everyone would come to God and be saved?
Impossible to say without knowing what the experiment is, what the claim of the experiment is, what the results are and how the conclusions are presented. Thus far you have been so vague on what you are talking about that it is impossible to extrapolate anything on its basis. I, like the other user above, will wait until your paper reaches peer review before commenting.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:24 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lantern View Post
No. Because then, while creationism, if scientifically demonstrated, (and we are still after 16 pages waiting for anything in support of Creation other than sniping at evolution and rhetorical dickering intended to try to turn logic upside down) would have every right to be in the textbooks and the science classroom, you would still have to prove (I mean produce persuasive evidence for) WHICH god had done the creation, and even if you could prove it was Biblegod, you'd still have to prove WHICH Bible- based religion and even which sect of the right religion was the right one before we'd know where to go and be saved.

Come to think it you'd have to convincingly demonstrate where and how one has to 'Go' to be saved.

So you'd still have some work to do.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:30 AM

4 posts, read 5,009 times

Creation of the Universe - YouTube

See this you will understand the reality

Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Islamospam Lemme guess smoke is the galaxy or milky way

Old 05-02-2012, 09:25 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
The only argument that could possibly support creationism is mind boggling levels of willful ignorance and a total disconnect from any rational thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality