U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 09:22 PM

634 posts, read 1,688,424 times
Jerz,

You have given me some very interesting points to consider and I'm Wiccan. So to me there is no hell or heaven, however you bring up a very interesting theory.

Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 11:55 PM

4,217 posts, read 10,055,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Has anyone ever thought this? -- What if this life, here on earth, is actually hell, and that's why it's hard and there is suffering?
Oh my god, I was totally going to post the same question. My Catholic husband thinks the exact same thing you do. I never really thought of it that way until I met my husband and the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. I'm glad we're not the only ones who have pondered the same thing!

Old 05-27-2007, 12:13 AM

2,267 posts, read 234,623 times
Are you trying to tell me that this isn't hell??

Old 05-27-2007, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
Are you trying to tell me that this isn't hell??

Huh? What isn't hell? Earth or this board?

Old 05-27-2007, 12:21 AM

2,267 posts, read 234,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Huh? What isn't hell? Earth or this board?
I was just joking...
the earth, the board, whatever fits...

Old 05-27-2007, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
I was just joking...
the earth, the board, whatever fits...
lol ... considering many of our disagreements, I wasn't sure what to think!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 02:15 PM

6 posts, read 25,843 times
what if heaven or hell is just a place we create in our own minds.

Some people are able to see the positive side of things, while others only see the negative. Heaven for one would be hell for the other.

I see heaven and hell as a control mechanism of sorts; used by those who perceive themselves as having the moral authority to dictate their ideologies on everyone else. 'Do what we say and you go to heaven, do the opposite and you burn in hell forever.' Scare Tactics.

I believe there is only one afterlife, and heaven or hell could just be a 'status' or 'class' in that after life; but the same place.

There are untouchable things we will keep when we pass on into the next existacne. What you take with you will determine your level of personal satisfaction. Will you pass on with honorable traits and be in heaven, or will you be tormented by your actions in the previous life and create a state of hell in your own mind.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:39 PM

2,136 posts, read 3,057,057 times
[quote=JerZ;777039]Has anyone ever thought this? -- What if this life, here on earth, is actually hell, and that's why it's hard and there is suffering?

What if we did something really really bad previously, and we were sent here [quote]

OK, I haven't had time to read all the posts, but I just wanted to go on record as agreeing with this theory. I have told my husband many times that I think we are already in pergatory (being Catholic, and all). Oh, and I know that I lived in hell once, but then I got divorced.

Old 05-27-2007, 02:48 PM

1,803 posts, read 2,800,126 times
The Bible does say that this world belongs to Satan. So, if that's true...this could be Hell.

Old 05-27-2007, 03:25 PM

7,250 posts, read 6,538,876 times
This can't be hell. I have a tall glass of ice water sitting right in front of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality