Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 AM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
More Christian intellectual simplicity and theological arrogance. Your interpretation is WRONG, mine is RIGHT. Everyone's going to hell but me! Yay!!

yep you're goin' to hell if you haven't received Jesus Christ as the only true way to the Father. It's not about heaven, it's about spending eternity with God the Father and Jesus. It's not about a religion. I could care less about religions, it's about a personal relationship with Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:35 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
yep you're goin' to hell if you haven't received Jesus Christ as the only true way to the Father. It's not about heaven, it's about spending eternity with God the Father and Jesus. It's not about a religion. I could care less about religions, it's about a personal relationship with Jesus.
Of course, being of Jewish heritage and all, I don't think a personal relationshipModerator cut: inppropriate word is going to do me any good.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 01-28-2010 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: The word is Jesus.... any insulting form of that word is at risk of an infraction

Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM

23,011 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
AMEN!!!!!

Old 01-28-2010, 01:15 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Then why isn't God directing that same power to cure the sin of divorce, something over 50% of evangelicals do in their lifetime?
Or the sins of reviling, slandering, bearing false witness, judging others...

Old 01-28-2010, 09:23 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
Quote:
What's interesting is that you're committing a sin in your post, yet you probably think what your saying is true. When Jesus said judge not lest ye be judged he was talking about his followers dictating who will and won't go to hell since god is supposed to be the ultimate judge. When you say that someone is going to hell because of unbelief then, according to your messiah, you're taking the place of your god. Many christians never seem to realize this.

Old 01-29-2010, 07:19 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Hoosier, here's something the Bible didn't tell you, aside from straight or gay, Human sexuality has a wide spectrum, if you throw that into the mix, you'll have a better understanding of your own sexuality. Most people who claim to have changed their gender preference, have been either, lying or bisexual all along. Now take your pick, are you bi, or are you lying? I sincerely hope you learn to deal with this in your lifetime.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Hoosier, here's something the Bible didn't tell you, aside from straight or gay, Human sexuality has a wide spectrum, if you throw that into the mix, you'll have a better understanding of your own sexuality.

Most people who claim to have changed their gender preference, have been either, lying or bisexual all along. Now take your pick, are you bi, or are you lying? I sincerely hope you learn to deal with this in your lifetime.

The bolded quote is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. Have you walked in MY shoes? Have you read my thoughts or felt my feelings? NO you haven't! I am so sick and tired of left wing liberals who think everything is permissive and okay to do telling me that I'm lying about my sexuality.

As for you understanding the Bible, you are seriously wrong. I have a degree in theology, which means I spent four years learning the Bible inside and out. I'm not saying I know it all because I don't, and never will, but your assessment of human sexuality in the Bible is incorrect. Please explain what you mean by it having a "wide spectrum".

PS: I DO understand my own sexuality and I HAVE learned who I am THROUGH Christ.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What's interesting is that you're committing a sin in your post, yet you probably think what your saying is true. When Jesus said judge not lest ye be judged he was talking about his followers dictating who will and won't go to hell since god is supposed to be the ultimate judge. When you say that someone is going to hell because of unbelief then, according to your messiah, you're taking the place of your god. Many christians never seem to realize this.
LOL, thanks so much for letting me know I committed a sin. I'll take that under advisement. And FYI, we are going out into all the world as commanded in Mark to share the gospel of the good news.

Old 01-29-2010, 08:48 AM

236 posts, read 236,984 times
Hoosier, with all due respect, you have been spreading bad news..as in hell and damnation.

It may interest you to know that Muslims believe in Christ. Read the Koran. In it Christ, translated as Iusu, is divine, Mohammed is only a prophet. Christ is to return and bring Mohammed with him to fight the anti-Christ. You have also been pumping the perception that you're going to heaven and we aren't. You've forgotten that he who would go first, must go last.
I notice in the US a movement called god's warriors. Some of your posts are flavoured in this manner. As for your sexuality, are you lying? Nope. Have you been? Nope. Do you understand your sexual orientation? Perhaps not. Only Bi people are capable of switching orientations, because they already contain both.
Try think of it this way. Imagine you have one far-sighted eye and one near sighted eye. It's not that uncommon. You can close one eye and see far. You can close it and open the other eye and see things very closely. The rest of us can't. We would only be able to temporarily do so with artificial assists, like a telescope or a magnifying glass.

Quite frankly, from a fundamentalist perspective, you have bigger fish to fry than gays. Gluttony is also an equal sin, and has affected 30% of your country and increases by the day. It's another rule incorporated into the bible as a sin because back then food and water were very, very precious.

Incidentally as the student of theology you lay claim to, I'm curious that you don't know the history of the bible's many mis-translations taking place in particular from 320 AD through the mid-tenth century. Why is that? Many biblical scholars already know that sodomy was coined from the city of Sodom's sin of licentia/luxuria. It wasn't until Jerome's fights with other scholars during the Patriatric (xcuse typo) years pre-10th century that it was changed to same sex copulation.

respectfully, -Doug of thosemeninlove

Last edited by thosemeninlove; 01-29-2010 at 09:09 AM..

Old 01-29-2010, 08:50 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,067,185 times
Quote:
I am so sick and tired of left wing liberals who think everything is permissive and okay to do telling me that I'm lying about my sexuality.
Yet you are the one who started this thread.. in a public message board forum. A forum in which you've been pretty open.

So if you are sick and tired of "left wing liberals" telling you that you are lying about your sexuality.. don't start a thread dedicated to the subject at hand.

Honestly when I saw your first post all I could think was "Why the blue hell is he starting a thread on the subject?"

I've realized its for one of two reasons:

1. You are confused as hell
or
2. You like the attention

Either way.. it is you who initiated the discussion.

Last edited by bigthirsty; 01-29-2010 at 09:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality