U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 12:03 AM

7,884 posts, read 4,759,373 times

Advertisements

Yep! Honest people never got rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 12:06 AM

7,221 posts, read 5,120,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yep! Honest people never got rich.
Ok, I have a beard.... Does that make me Jesus Christ?

If you think he's so honest, go to Nigeria and find out. But don't put someone else's well being on the line with your gullibility.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Ok, I have a beard.... Does that make me Jesus Christ?

If you think he's so honest, go to Nigeria and find out. But don't put someone else's well being on the line with your gullibility.
OK! I give up. What are you talking about?

Old 01-30-2010, 05:27 AM

4,349 posts, read 4,566,206 times
It is time for you to wake up and smell the river, and that smell coming out of Nigeria is not from a basket of flower petals. I am amazed at how people will bend over backwards to find a method with no proof of working and reject medical treatments which are proven to work. Why would any person accept this Nigerian scam as any different than the Nigerian scams we get in our emails weekly.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
Why would any person accept this Nigerian scam as any different than the Nigerian scams we get in our emails weekly.
SCAMS!!!

You mean someone isn't going to give me 20 million dollars??

Old 01-30-2010, 10:28 AM

307 posts, read 785,806 times
Greetings,
I dont believe that the Nigerian has the power to heal, but GOD does and he could be working thru this man. My son at age 10 was nearly blind and GOD healed his eyes. It rocked the community that were unbelievers of healing. They all know my son and knew he could not be faking it. And God used to open there eyes. I have see many healings. Look in the Bible to see what it says about healing before you dout. If I hadn't seen it for my own eyes on my son and others I may of been a douter. That is why before I casted my vote on it and I studied the word. There doesn't need to be one name Faith to be healed. The word is for everybody who wants it. ITS FREE..
The Bible is loaded with future predictions which many has come true. GOD leaves it up to you to believe in him and his word. Not depend on man. Just dont sit there and believe every word preached, look it up and see what the Bible says.
In the last days there are going to be false prophets, it is up to you to have a great discerment.
Most of all have faith in God's promises to you.
So every smarty pants and non beliver save your negative comments. It is not going to help anybody.
BE BLESSED

Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 AM

9,342 posts, read 16,582,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Anyway there is a preacher called Tb Joshua who is a Nigerian preacher who claims people have been healed from aids and other diseases. People from all over the world go to his ministry.

He also claims to be a prophet and have said to predict events such as Michael Jacksons death and Britney Murphey death before their deaths. Do anyone hold him to be a true prophet and a messenger of God?
How did a Nigerian pastor even know who Britney Murphy was? If I could cure AIDS, I think I'd spend more time saving lives and less time reading People magazine.

Old 01-30-2010, 10:54 AM

4,175 posts, read 4,094,424 times
With all these people healing by the power of god, one would think somone would open up a FAITH-BASED HOSPITAL. Once admitted, there will be no "science-based" medicine or doctors - only prayers.

We can start by experimenting with all these loopy people who believe in faith healing and see the "results". This alone will weed out a lot of Moderator cut: inappropriate language from our planet.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-03-2011 at 05:53 PM..

Old 01-30-2010, 11:15 AM

24,961 posts, read 18,553,357 times
It would also weed out a lot of people....There are over 3 million people with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, 58% of them are women, so that would lower the birth rate as well...This so called prophet/miracle man is killing people.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:42 AM

40,059 posts, read 20,052,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
How did a Nigerian pastor even know who Britney Murphy was? If I could cure AIDS, I think I'd spend more time saving lives and less time reading People magazine.
Just for doubting his ability, he'd probably refuse to cure you if you got sick. (Unless you did something that got you mentioned in People magazine. In that case, then of course you're on his "A" list!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality