Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 10:23 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
Question #1 Can Atheists be possessed by demons? Are there instances of this ever happening? Question #2 Has anyone ever had contact with someone, or something, otherworldly? Out of this realm? Random thoughts: I saw a thread that had to do with prophecies from the bible that have come true. The poster asked for examples. I have one. Remember how Jesus was always getting annoyed with his apostles. They were a thick bunch after all! They were always questioning and "doubting" him. He knew his time on earth was limited and they weren't getting the message. One of them asked Jesus (probably one too many times) if he came to save their souls. The exasperated Jesus replied, "No! I've come with a sword to divide." I'm going to have to say Jesus rang the bell on that one.
Atheists, in general, are possessed with some sort of demon LMAO.

In offline life, I am known to have this cathartic mouth. It can be so caustic that atheists buds I know have repeated issues with stuff I say.

I'm not the usual christian joker with jokes about hell and salvation. That's what makes them more mad coz everybody sends out a guffaw.

Yes, they can really be sensitive. They don't have the good sense to brush aside good-humoured banter and laugh along with the crowd, unfortunately
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 10:29 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Default And in this corner: Captain Rationality!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
yes, but they would just call it something else, like mental illness or unidentified chronic pain, or disease of unknown etiology

just because a person "doesn't believe in" mental illness or diabetes or cancer, doesn't mean they can't get it
However, we can and do diagnose cancer (damaged cells or unusual cellular responses to the norm), diabetes (Type I: no insulin production; Type II: insulin resistance), chronic pain (collapsed vertebral discs, arthritis, musculatory degeneration). Etc. etc. etc. And all the result of rational question-and-answer science, but completely absent hand-waving, hair-tearing ears-covered emotional scream-sessions. And the resultant witless conclusions.

The alternate, apparently defended here: "Howzah wowzah! You must be possessed man! I mean, you threw up and EVERYTHING, and that black cat crossed your path, and it's the month where the moon covers up Venus tonight! Oh. My. God!"

VERY observant and rational, you betcha!

Old 02-22-2010, 02:05 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,980,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Now even you would have to agree, GP; that's hardly very convincing to those who like to see just a tiny bit of logical thought, is it?
I would if your premise was true, it isn't so I don't.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the "evidence" for Creation is really very shaky, relying as it does entirely upon belief and faith.
As I am not trying to persuade you to do or believe anything, I do NOT have to provide "evidence." My EXPERIENCE is different from your perception of "belief" or "faith" so we are discussing two entirely different things.

Quote:
If we go a little further and add the problem that what Creation theory .............
At what point did "creation" enter the discussion?

Quote:
Understand better now?
Do you? Actually whether or not you do is irrelevant............I am not going to attempt to get you to believe anything.....that is not my job.......I'll leave that to the evangelicals of the in your face faiths.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,639 times
Quote:
Is the link you provided in Russian? How do you propose most of us are going to be able to read/understand it?
Should. Otherwise you have not the right to discuss "indoeuropean" and events. You studied more and analyzed such languages. You would not write thousand to those with the different guesses which have not come to certain result. Simply would track a language branch. It concerns atheists.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:33 PM

354 posts, read 749,467 times
Question #1 Can Atheists be possessed by demons?
since they don't believe in them, i doubt it. how can you be controlled by something you don't know exists or believe in?

Are there instances of this ever happening?
there were reported incidents. remember the exorcist? the movie that made me stop watching horror movies(which i loved!) for quite a long time. i am back watching horror movies again. i just won't watch the exorcist EVER. they said it is based on true story. personally, i won't believe it until i witness it. which is mainly the reason why i am back to watching horror movies again.

Question #2 Has anyone ever had contact with someone, or something, otherworldly? Out of this realm?
personally, i think i saw a ghost once in my entire life. but i also won't believe this stuff until i witness it(again). since i was just a kid when i saw a ghost.

"No! I've come with a sword to divide."

I'm going to have to say i don't get what Jesus mean on that one.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:01 PM

9,930 posts, read 13,924,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
It's very easy.

You have two hemispheres of your brain. They are independent and individual. Each can operate on it's own. Each can have it's own thoughts.

But these two brains live in the same body. They need to communicate with each other. They need to share information and their thoughts.

So, there are several connections between the two brains in your skull. The biggest one is the corpus callosum. It's how the two brains communicate "sub consciously". But there are others. All of the sensory inputs have smaller connections between the two brains. So there is a connection between the optical part of your left hemisphere, and the optical part of your right hemisphere, this way both brains can share what the eyes are seeing.

There are also connections between the auditory and language processors, and those two areas of the hemisphere are very close together. So it when you "hear" yourself in your head, it is one brain sending thoughts across to the other, being processed by the language section of the brain. That language processor works alongside the auditory processor and thus you "hear" your own thoughts.

Cool!!! Here's a fun thing to test your right brain/left brain thought. Which way do you see the woman twirling originally? And, can you make her appear to switch directions?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Which way do you see the woman twirling originally? And, can you make her appear to switch directions?
counter clockwise initially, and of course I can make her change at will.

Old 02-22-2010, 07:37 PM

354 posts, read 749,467 times
whoa!! thanks! can u link me to more tests like that? well originally, i see her twirling clockwise. i attribute it to me being left handed. and no. i cant make her turn at will how do u do that? anyway, i tried to scroll down to read more posts and when i get back to the twirling lady she was twirling the other way!!!! what does it mean??

i cant make it turn at will but what happens to me for it to turn the other way is for me to scroll down then back and it is turning the other way....?

Old 02-22-2010, 07:45 PM

598 posts, read 917,190 times
If you live in a world of angels, demons, God, devil ... you'd be wondering who is possessing who all the time ...

Old 02-22-2010, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
If you live in a world of angels, demons, God, devil ... you'd be wondering who is possessing who all the time ...

why would someone be wondering that? I am very much aware of spirits (both good and bad) in world, but I don't spend much time concerned about it. Good spirits and I get along, bad spirits leave me alone. I am stronger than they are. Like King David said......"yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil." I have nothing to fear.

So no, I spend absolutely NO time wondering who all the time............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality