Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 PM

2,287 posts, read 2,586,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Jesus can indeed heal marriages as easily as He heals homosexuals, if people will yield to Him. But, please don't justify one's sin by pointing to someone else's sin.
You missed the point of my comment. Here is a hint it relates to the concept of hypocrisy and how fundies love to judge others totally ignoring Christ's comments to judge not, lest ye be judged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 04:06 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,124,598 times
I love it when people say "oh you might be gay, but you should be chaste so you don't sin."

Exactly who the heck do you think you are to tell anyone they can't have the god-given right to have sex with another consenting adult? The self-righteousness of some nutjobs is astounding.

If you don't like it, that's your own business. And mind it, please.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:43 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,940,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
You missed the point of my comment. Here is a hint it relates to the concept of hypocrisy and how fundies love to judge others totally ignoring Christ's comments to judge not, lest ye be judged.
But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. - Hebrews 3:13

I warn of all sin, whether it is homosexuality, adultery, fornication, drunkenness or any other sin. I check my own life too.

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates? -2 Corinthians 13:5

You're either living free from all sin, or you're living in sin; the latter will send you to hell if you don't get out of it; the blood of Jesus can set anyone free, but it takes yielding to Jesus.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:05 PM

310 posts, read 589,137 times
Some questions for heterosexuals:

1. What do you think caused your heterosexuality?

2. When and how did you first decide you were a heterosexual?

3. Is it possible your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?

4. Is is possible your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?

5. Isn't it possible that all you need is a good Gay lover?

6. Heterosexuals have histories of failures in Gay relationships. Do you think you may have turned to heterosexuality out of fear of rejection?

7. If you've never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you know you wouldn't prefer that?

8. If heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual?

9. To whom have you disclosed your heterosexual tendencies? How did they react?

10. Your heterosexuality doesn't offend me as long as you don't try to force it on me. Why do you people feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?

11. If you choose to nurture children, would you want them to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they would face?

12. The great majority of child molesters are heterosexuals. Do you really consider it safe to expose your children to heterosexual teachers?

13. Why do you insist on being so obvious, and making a public spectacle of your heterosexuality? Can't you just be what you are and keep it quiet?

14. How can you ever hope to become a whole person if you limit yourself to a compulsive, exclusive heterosexual object choice and remain unwilling to explore and develop your normal, natural, healthy, God-given homosexual potential?

15. Heterosexuals are noted for assigning themselves and each other to narrowly restricted, stereotyped sex-roles. Why do you cling to such unhealthy role-playing?

16. Why do heterosexuals place so much emphasis on sex?

17. With all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

18. How could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual, considering the menace of overpopulation?

19. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed with which you might be able to change if you really want to. Have you considered aversion therapy?

20. Do heterosexuals hate and/or distrust others of their own sex? Is that what makes them heterosexual?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:52 PM

478 posts, read 772,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post

4. Is is possible your heterosexuality stems from a neurotic fear of others of the same sex?

6. Heterosexuals have histories of failures in Gay relationships. Do you think you may have turned to heterosexuality out of fear of rejection?

7. If you've never slept with a person of the same sex, how do you know you wouldn't prefer that?

8. If heterosexuality is normal, why are a disproportionate number of mental patients heterosexual?

10. Your heterosexuality doesn't offend me as long as you don't try to force it on me. Why do you people feel compelled to seduce others into your sexual orientation?

11. If you choose to nurture children, would you want them to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they would face?

12. The great majority of child molesters are heterosexuals. Do you really consider it safe to expose your children to heterosexual teachers?

13. Why do you insist on being so obvious, and making a public spectacle of your heterosexuality? Can't you just be what you are and keep it quiet?

14. How can you ever hope to become a whole person if you limit yourself to a compulsive, exclusive heterosexual object choice and remain unwilling to explore and develop your normal, natural, healthy, God-given homosexual potential?

15. Heterosexuals are noted for assigning themselves and each other to narrowly restricted, stereotyped sex-roles. Why do you cling to such unhealthy role-playing?

17. With all the societal support marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexuals?

18. How could the human race survive if everyone were heterosexual, considering the menace of overpopulation?

19. There seem to be very few happy heterosexuals. Techniques have been developed with which you might be able to change if you really want to. Have you considered aversion therapy?

20. Do heterosexuals hate and/or distrust others of their own sex? Is that what makes them heterosexual?
Wow, that must have taken a lot of time to write all that out...but I personally think your efforts are well worth it, what a GREAT way to help people "see" how utterly ridiculous the notion is that being gay is a choice! Very clever.

Of course you probably already know that those who already think that gays choose to be that way and/or that being gay is a sin are either not willing, or simply incapable of open their minds to sense and logic unless there's an antiquated bible verse to back up whatever it is they feel like purporting...but please, know that you've done well to make a curious and smart presentation with which to help those in doubt "understand"- whether they are willing to or not is their onus to bear, and to their detriment and folly, should the operative word be "not"...

Old 02-12-2010, 12:43 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,376,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post

*LAUGH* You forgot that heterosexuality is the cause of many unwanted children being born, many unwanted pregancy and millions of abortions-which some people see as murder, and the vast majority of rapists and murderers are heterosexual. Good grief with all the problems associated with it, there should be a law against heterosexuality!

Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 AM

310 posts, read 589,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
Wow, that must have taken a lot of time to write all that out...but I personally think your efforts are well worth it, what a GREAT way to help people "see" how utterly ridiculous the notion is that being gay is a choice! Very clever.

Of course you probably already know that those who already think that gays choose to be that way and/or that being gay is a sin are either not willing, or simply incapable of open their minds to sense and logic unless there's an antiquated bible verse to back up whatever it is they feel like purporting...but please, know that you've done well to make a curious and smart presentation with which to help those in doubt "understand"- whether they are willing to or not is their onus to bear, and to their detriment and folly, should the operative word be "not"...
Oh sorry I should have said I didn't make that up. I don't know whose it is originally; I got it in a humorous email a while back. I would credit it if I knew who came up with it. But I agree it's brilliant.

Old 02-12-2010, 11:32 AM

1,179 posts, read 1,404,900 times
Cheerleaders are an organized group of good looking babes that are used to convince men that they don't have homo tendencies. All that man handling on the field, if a man enjoys watching that, and self reflected on that enjoyment, then one might suspect one is gay. The babe cheerleaders, reinforce the self reflection on the hetro. This keeps all the interest in contact sports up and the money coming in; think how low the popularity of women's sports are despite all the good looking babes in that industry. All men have attraction to other men, otherwise, they would be like those animals that can't stand other males and have to pee on the other guys pee. I suspect it is a continuum with the absolute hetro on one end going all the way over to the absolute homo at the other-most fall somewhere in the middle. Like me, I find I don't like males, nearly at all, I don't like talking to them, socializing with them, and I hated working with them in all those crummy welding and metal jobs I had, etc-I much prefer women, the way they look, their little mannerisms-women exist through their beauty, which I like; there is nothing finer to look at than a beautiful female, well, except for one of those giant steam locomotives: that is rolling art! I suppose I am to the hetro extreme, although I liked that gay couple that used to live next door. They really knew how to bake things and were always trying something new and they liked having me taste it all to see what I thought before it was served to their friends; one had a dynamite sister that shared their apartment and she was very easy on the eyes-but we really didn't socialize. My other gay friend was into explosives-which we had a common interest (I suppose now I am on a terrorist suspect list), by my being hetro and him homo, there was no sexuality charged disruptions to our relation and we could focus on our common interest. I knew some lesbians and liked the female version and the male version suspected that, and blocked my access to her (I think she had some bi experiences in the past), but after she saw that my interest was work related we became good friends. I think they were born that way as the male version looked very male like. Women always worked better overall to the males I was around-maybe I am a lesbian trapped in a male body, but it works out.

Old 02-12-2010, 05:56 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post

I warn of all sin, whether it is homosexuality, adultery, fornication, drunkenness or any other sin. I check my own life too.
Since you're in charge of warning me of bad things, could you let me know before the Mormons or Jehova's Witnesses come to my door too? lol

Old 02-12-2010, 05:59 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,213,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allen antrim View Post
Cheerleaders are an organized group of good looking babes that are used to convince men that they don't have homo tendencies. All that man handling on the field, if a man enjoys watching that, and self reflected on that enjoyment, then one might suspect one is gay. The babe cheerleaders, reinforce the self reflection on the hetro. This keeps all the interest in contact sports up and the money coming in; think how low the popularity of women's sports are despite all the good looking babes in that industry. All men have attraction to other men, otherwise, they would be like those animals that can't stand other males and have to pee on the other guys pee. I suspect it is a continuum with the absolute hetro on one end going all the way over to the absolute homo at the other-most fall somewhere in the middle. Like me, I find I don't like males, nearly at all, I don't like talking to them, socializing with them, and I hated working with them in all those crummy welding and metal jobs I had, etc-I much prefer women, the way they look, their little mannerisms-women exist through their beauty, which I like; there is nothing finer to look at than a beautiful female, well, except for one of those giant steam locomotives: that is rolling art! I suppose I am to the hetro extreme, although I liked that gay couple that used to live next door. They really knew how to bake things and were always trying something new and they liked having me taste it all to see what I thought before it was served to their friends; one had a dynamite sister that shared their apartment and she was very easy on the eyes-but we really didn't socialize. My other gay friend was into explosives-which we had a common interest (I suppose now I am on a terrorist suspect list), by my being hetro and him homo, there was no sexuality charged disruptions to our relation and we could focus on our common interest. I knew some lesbians and liked the female version and the male version suspected that, and blocked my access to her (I think she had some bi experiences in the past), but after she saw that my interest was work related we became good friends. I think they were born that way as the male version looked very male like. Women always worked better overall to the males I was around-maybe I am a lesbian trapped in a male body, but it works out.
Now THERE'S a different perspective!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality