U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:21 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,301,368 times

Advertisements

I'm still trying to get answers to my questions.

I keep hearing that Christians accept evolution and creationism...how? In what sense? Creationism is a word used by former evolutionists and those not wanting to commit to a certain god but admit there has to be one, and evolution is a theory that has nothing to do with the Bible or Christianity.

If someone is saying they are Christian and that they believe in the theory of evolution, then they are not Christians. Evolution contradicts absolutely everything in the Bible, and a Christian believes the Bible to be the Word of God. So it's either one or the other, not both.

Are you talking about micro or macro evolution? There is no proof or validity to macro, and micro is insignificant. Any changes that take place are made by God. If a fly grows an extra wing, it's because it was part of God's plan to begin with.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:19 AM

1,151 posts, read 3,061,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
If a fly grows an extra wing, it's because it was part of God's plan to begin with.
I love your God's attention to detail meanwhile famine, war, etc. goes unnoticed. But who knows, that extra wing may be the catalyst to change.

Old 05-28-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyHateMachine View Post
I love your God's attention to detail meanwhile famine, war, etc. goes unnoticed. But who knows, that extra wing may be the catalyst to change.
It doesn't go unnoticed. God is aware of absolutely everything. That would be included in God's original plan also. Why? We don't know. However, you must remember that the Christian belief is that God is not creating this havoc...satan is. The Bible states that satan rules the world, for now. We all have a choice as to whether or not we allow satan to rule the world.

God allows things to happen, but he does not make them happen. There is a purpose to all of it. We all suffer and we all die. It's up to us (the free will thing) to choose our path and where we spend eternity. You can either spend your entire life living in turmoil needing to know everything, or you can accept that you will never know until you die, accept Christ as your Saviour, and be at peace with yourself and God while you are here on earth.

None of us are arguing that science doesn't have it's place in the world. It's just not a god. If you look to man for answers, you will never be at peace.

Instead of attacking me and trying to create a flame, I would rather that someone would answer my original questions.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:08 AM

7,916 posts, read 16,407,699 times
Northsouth, By the title of this thread I thought you were going to present some examples of contradictions in evolution but I see that you haven't done that. Do you know of any and if so I'll do my best to explain them if I can.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:13 AM

3,124 posts, read 11,498,189 times
Quote:
If someone is saying they are Christian and that they believe in the theory of evolution, then they are not Christians.
Wow....isn't that a statement. Incorrect, but a statement none the less.

Why can't a Christian believe that God created the universe and that evoultion is how he did it or what he set in motion?

Old 05-28-2007, 09:17 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,085,320 times
Quote:
.If someone is saying they are Christian and that they believe in the theory of evolution, then they are not Christians. Evolution contradicts absolutely everything in the Bible, and a Christian believes the Bible to be the Word of God. So it's either one or the other, not both.
Whoa, Northsouth! While I understand that you don't believe that evolution does not fit into God's plans, making a blanket statement that folks who believe in evolution are not Christians is not only a bit harsh, but judgemental, as well. Last I heard, only God knows everyone's hearts. There are Christians, who believe in Jesus, etc., but who also believe it is at least possible that God could have utilized evolution as part of his creation plan, if you will.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Northsouth, By the title of this thread I thought you were going to present some examples of contradictions in evolution but I see that you haven't done that. Do you know of any and if so I'll do my best to explain them if I can.
What is it with you guys not wanting to answer my questions? Maybe you don't have answers because there aren't any? Come on - I mean you expect us to be able to answer every single little question you have, but you can't answer mine? Me thinks there might be a few snakes in the woodpile. I'm not interested in debating evolution - it's a non-issue to me. But when I claim things or say things about God or the Bible....I always have something to back it up with. Those who don't agree with Christianity seem to be just throwing any old thing out there, hoping we will doubt our beliefs without even questioning what someone is saying? I want some answers from this religion you call evolution.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:26 AM

1,151 posts, read 3,061,947 times
Quote:
What is it with you guys not wanting to answer my questions? Maybe you don't have answers because there aren't any? Come on - I mean you expect us to be able to answer every single little question you have, but you can't answer mine? Me thinks there might be a few snakes in the woodpile. I'm not interested in debating evolution - it's a non-issue to me. But when I claim things or say things about God or the Bible....I always have something to back it up with. Those who don't agree with Christianity seem to be just throwing any old thing out there, hoping we will doubt our beliefs without even questioning what someone is saying? I want some answers from this religion you call evolution.
Whoa and I'm a flame. He was asking a legitimate question. If you have a problem with that, don't write misleading titles. Your title has nothing to do with your initial post.

First, get it right.

And evolution is NOT a religion.

Old 05-28-2007, 09:27 AM

954 posts, read 631,370 times
[quote=Northsouth;785927]
Quote:
But when I claim things or say things about God or the Bible....I always have something to back it up with.
Unfortunately, when you say things about god or the bible, what you "back it up" with is..........the bible!! You can't use the bible to prove that the bible is true. It's circular reasoning!

Old 05-28-2007, 09:28 AM

1,959 posts, read 4,643,556 times
Quote:
I'm still trying to get answers to my questions.

I keep hearing that Christians accept evolution and creationism...how? In what sense? Creationism is a word used by former evolutionists and those not wanting to commit to a certain god but admit there has to be one, and evolution is a theory that has nothing to do with the Bible or Christianity.

If someone is saying they are Christian and that they believe in the theory of evolution, then they are not Christians. Evolution contradicts absolutely everything in the Bible, and a Christian believes the Bible to be the Word of God. So it's either one or the other, not both.

Are you talking about micro or macro evolution? There is no proof or validity to macro, and micro is insignificant. Any changes that take place are made by God. If a fly grows an extra wing, it's because it was part of God's plan to begin with.

I completly agree NS. Evolution is a hoax and this lie has been foisted off on thousands of people for far to long. We can't help it if folks want to believe a lie. I guess that's what you get when you try to help people.

Good post!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality