Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2018, 11:09 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I feel really put out when people misrepresent what I say BF. Just kidding....

You could proclaim Jesus by obeying His command to love one another and build each other up. You don't have to go around claiming you have some handle on Jesus others don't.
He does have a handle on Jesus that non-Christians don't have. He isn't claiming to have a handle other Christians don't have.to have a handle

>>PS I would like to see what NT scriptures you are referring to.[/quote]

I am sure he will give them to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2018, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I rather like Trout Dude.

My grandmother taught me an old saying many years ago...the truth hurts.
Have you not noticed Trout only criticizes and never provides any evidence to support his OPINIONS. When he starts giving his evidence, get back to me.

Quote:
And why, exactly, should someone say nice things about a religion that supported slavery in the pre-Civil War days? That includes the Westboro Baptist Church? That includes James Wickstrom and Thomas Robb, and the Christian-Identity Church (closely affiliated with the Ku Klux Klan), and the Kingdom Identity Ministries, and the America's Promise Ministries, and Radical Traditional Catholicism.

I could go on.
Men, not Christianity supported slavery in the pre-civil war days. How do you know the Westbook and its followers and the KKK are Christians? They certainly aren't following the teachings of the Bible.

Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If that were true, and there is NO escape from this place, (hence the void), how could the fallen angels be there AND among us, in our world at the same time?

It could be metaphorical too, many people like to claim bible verses are not meant to be taken literally, so that would go for hell too I assume.
Where Lazarus went is Sheol, not hell. Eventually the fallen angels will end up in hell.

Old 05-11-2018, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
And I'm saying that you should mind your own business and preach only to those who want to hear "the word".
On what authority do you tell others what they should do or not do?

Old 05-11-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah! The return of Omega. No doubt he's been working in a freeze-dried eucalyptus leaf factory all this time.
That may be the most intelligent thing you have posted in this forum.

Old 05-11-2018, 12:31 PM

88,575 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Since nobody but Luke so much as mentions it, I think we can assume that Luke made it up, so why should we give an atom of credence to this tale, or the opinions of anyone who takes it as telling us something factual about the way things are?

P.s For Trouts and Raffs, who may have wondered why I haven't been doing The Book. The answer is; I have, but the 'Satan driving out Satan' passage took a bit of work. But the results, I think you would find, are worth the wait. I was in fact going to post it, but since I went off the air and had to cranke up my Other Piano, I had to accept Wingdings 10 with the result that nothing works and not even with Flashdrive can I download anything, text or images.

Notwithstanding, can I please have that Extra Advance? I'm almost out of pipe baccy.
I'll send you some in writerly sympathy. I'm almost a decade into my Long-Suffering Historical Novel.

The problem is that a historical novel requires research for accuracy, and then research sends me off into tangents. One day my character struck a match on a rock, and I thought, "Could he do that in 1859?" An hour later I knew the complete history of matches (yes, he could, matches were greatly improved in the 1820s) but then it was time for a snack, then a nap...)

I think Satan driving out Satan in Wingdings 10 sounds intriguing. Will there be illustrations?

Old 05-11-2018, 03:45 PM

50,807 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Have you not noticed Trout only criticizes and never provides any evidence to support his OPINIONS. When he starts giving his evidence, get back to me.

Men, not Christianity supported slavery in the pre-civil war days. How do you know the Westbook and its followers and the KKK are Christians? They certainly aren't following the teachings of the Bible.

Not all who say Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Well, if these radical Christian groups are not Christians, maybe "real" Christians ought to do something about it...instead of just sitting back and let them be mouthpieces for Christianity.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:36 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
He does have a handle on Jesus that non-Christians don't have. He isn't claiming to have a handle other Christians don't have.to have a handle

>>PS I would like to see what NT scriptures you are referring to.
I am sure he will give them to you.[/quote]

How about we play Omega answers his own questions?

Quote:
On what authority do you tell others what they should do or not do?

Old 05-11-2018, 06:08 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Is it possible? Are there eight year old children in hell right now? Here's a scripture to ponder:
Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.
—2 Chronicles 36:9
What say ye, Christians..
literal christians are wrong. just like some literal atheists are wrong.

seems pretty simple to me.

Old 05-11-2018, 06:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
literal christians are wrong. just like some literal atheists are wrong.

seems pretty simple to me.
Yeah, me too.

There's "something."

But you won't find it in a book.

Although, some books provide glimpses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality