U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:18 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 2,687,506 times
Reputation: 453

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.
ó2 Chronicles 36:9

Isn't it assumed that any evil he did was during his reign?



Don't you find that rather........horrifying? Children in hell? (Or anyone in hell suffering for the finite "sins" of this short, sad life.)
You are right, most likely the acts that he commited were during his reign. At least that is what is implied.

I find it horrifying that anyone would chose to reject God and sentence themselves to hell. Especially Children. However, children are just people and if they reject God, then they will have the same fate as any other ungodly person.

That is why as parrents we must teach our children about Jesus. Because it is written, that there is no other name given under heaven whereby we must be saved.

The good news is God is a just and merciful God and he waits for the ungodly to repent and be saved. He is just and will judge justly at the time appointed for each of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:20 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
4,325 posts, read 3,342,077 times
Reputation: 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Is it possible? Are there eight year old children in hell right now? Here's a scripture to ponder:
Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem: and he did that which was evil in the sight of the Lord.
ó2 Chronicles 36:9
What say ye, Christians..
Here's an excerpt from a message we received regarding children.


Let me instruct you in the Law of Compensation and children. You reason that infants and children do not have adult responsibility, so how does God manage the Law of Compensation with them?
Obviously, an infant is not wholly conscious of the moral law. It requires food and changing and sleep, and does not reason or make moral decisions.
But as the infant grows, it soon finds morality, because it is part of its soul. So what I am saying is that fairly soon, a small child develops moral choices and motives.
Children can do evil. This is a fact, which many can attest to. And that is because children, just like adults, have a soul, for which they are accountable. Obedience to a parental demand is one thing, but moral choice is another, and children experience the latter as much as adults.

Hell (darkness) is only a correction place and even if children do go there, they can get out. It all depends on the child and what the intent is. There is an age of accountability and I believe, although not real sure, that it's around 8 or 9. Everything one does to the soul, one is accountable. Infants, I also believe, are exempt because their resoning skills have not been developed. I will have to look into that though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:21 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 2,687,506 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
One wonders how said Christians could call their god "just", "loving" or "compassionate". It really is an abusive faith.
Because we know God! Hell was not created for humans, but for Satan and his angels. Humans sentence themselves to hell when they reject God.

But God is Just and Loving and Compasionate. So, when we stand before him we will not be able to say anything against his judgement because it is pure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:38 AM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 2,687,506 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Here's an excerpt from a message we received regarding children.


Let me instruct you in the Law of Compensation and children. You reason that infants and children do not have adult responsibility, so how does God manage the Law of Compensation with them?
Obviously, an infant is not wholly conscious of the moral law. It requires food and changing and sleep, and does not reason or make moral decisions.
But as the infant grows, it soon finds morality, because it is part of its soul. So what I am saying is that fairly soon, a small child develops moral choices and motives.
Children can do evil. This is a fact, which many can attest to. And that is because children, just like adults, have a soul, for which they are accountable. Obedience to a parental demand is one thing, but moral choice is another, and children experience the latter as much as adults.

Hell (darkness) is only a correction place and even if children do go there, they can get out. It all depends on the child and what the intent is. There is an age of accountability and I believe, although not real sure, that it's around 8 or 9. Everything one does to the soul, one is accountable. Infants, I also believe, are exempt because their resoning skills have not been developed. I will have to look into that though.
Nightflight was asking Christians Reverend1111, Your religion is not Christianity. You preach some kind of new age idea, but it is not based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ preached a literal hell with fire and brimstone and nashing of teeth.

Jesus said:

Mark 9:43: And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 44: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 45: And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: 46: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. 47: And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire: 48: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

The above statement by Jesus is a semetic form and the repetition of three time means it is established/Unchanging forever. Since Jesus is God, he can establish laws that are binding for all humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:42 AM
 
Location: NC, USA
7,089 posts, read 8,388,619 times
Reputation: 3838
Can an eight year old go to hell?


Well,....from my perspective, if the child is being reared by fundie parents, it may well be in hell already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
 
2,893 posts, read 3,538,728 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
Humans sentence themselves to hell when they reject God.

That is some really twisted justification there.

Let's try the same idea on some different scenarios, just to see how it fits.

"Schoolkids sentence themselves to a beating when they reject the rightful and just bully's demands for their lunch money."

"Women sentence themselves to rape when they reject the romantic and loving advances of a stranger."

"Twenty million Russians sentenced themselves to death when they rejected the benevolent and insightful leadership of Joseph Stalin."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 11:54 AM
 
4,381 posts, read 1,343,997 times
Reputation: 1431
Quote:
Because we know God! Hell was not created for humans, but for Satan and his angels. Humans sentence themselves to hell when they reject God.
Are you saying the Omnipotent God didn't know when he was creating his holy prison that humans would end up there? Really?

Quote:
But God is Just and Loving and Compasionate. So, when we stand before him we will not be able to say anything against his judgement because it is pure.
Maybe, in an Orwellian sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 12:02 PM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 2,687,506 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
That is some really twisted justification there.

Let's try the same idea on some different scenarios, just to see how it fits.

"Schoolkids sentence themselves to a beating when they reject the rightful and just bully's demands for their lunch money."

"Women sentence themselves to rape when they reject the romantic and loving advances of a stranger."

"Twenty million Russians sentenced themselves to death when they rejected the benevolent and insightful leadership of Joseph Stalin."
No, I don't think so scarmig!

Try Stalin, the Rapist and the theif going to hell for eternity because they rejected God. Anyone who rejects God in Jesus Christ is the same as Stalin or the Rapist.

Add to this that Heaven would be "hell" to anyone who has rejected God. Heaven is full of light and peace and joy and music and love. Some people hate even the sound of a place like that. Add to that, Jesus is Lord and governs heaven and earth for eternity.

But, we have hope for the ungodly even to their very last breath. Hopefully all will see the errors of their ways and repent of their sin and not end up in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
 
2,893 posts, read 3,538,728 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
No, I don't think so scarmig!

Try Stalin, the Rapist and the theif going to hell for eternity because they rejected God. Anyone who rejects God in Jesus Christ is the same as Stalin or the Rapist.
Yes, right along side the kid from Uganda who died at age seven and never heard the word "Jesus" before but stole a piece of bread to try and live another day. Yeah, he sentenced himself to Hell alongside thieves and murderers. Deserves every minute of it too, the little infidel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 PM
 
Location: PA
2,616 posts, read 2,687,506 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Are you saying the Omnipotent God didn't know when he was creating his holy prison that humans would end up there? Really?
God knew that human's would end up there, but it was intended for Satan and his angels. The fact that God has knowledge of who will go to hell does not make him responsible for their actions. Just like you having a memory of your past cannot allow you to affect the past decissions of others or be responsible for their decissions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Maybe, in an Orwellian sense.
No, in a real sense. It is written "every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord". Not because he demands it, not because we will be sentanced to hell if we don't, nor because we will be "un-peopled" (eliminated somehow in the Orwellian sense), but because he is righteous and just and pure and holy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top