Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 AM

3,306 posts, read 4,154,654 times

Advertisements

I have a feeling most of the "museums" revenue is going to come from non-religious folks going there for a good laugh. Its truly amazing that something like this has been created in this day and age, but that is what makes it so funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 12:16 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,939 times
Here's another article that describes the exhitibits and why they are not accurate: Creation Science Rebuttal, Creation Museum - A Preliminary Look

Worth the read I thought.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:20 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,815 times
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Gen 1:1 Thats all the science lesson on this subject i need.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:33 PM

208 posts, read 507,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. Gen 1:1 Thats all the science lesson on this subject i need.

AMEN Brother !

Old 05-29-2007, 12:49 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
mams1559, I guess I could have worded my post a little better so it didn't sound so sarcastic. My basic problem is that a young earth scenario is impossible. We've had alot of topics that were related to the age of the earth and the universe and I've listed a number of easily understood reasons that proves the earth is ancient. I really have no problem with old earth creationism which says that God is the cause of evolution. A museum that shows humans and dinosaurs existing together in harmony is just silly. If humans had really existed at that time we'd also be extinct, we wouldn't have had a chance against the dinosaurs that were carnivores. The creatures we evolved from, the first early mammals, were probably not much bigger than a ham sandwich and wouldn't attract much attention from a huge carnivore. I also mentioned that there's a small industry that's promoting a young earth creationism and that's really true. I'm sure many of them really believe what they're saying but this business is filled with fraud and deception in the interests of making a profit.
Why is it that so many Christians, particularly in America, feel they have to take Genesis literally when they don't seem to take the rest of the Bible literally and they're always explaining and interpreting various passages to let us know what it really means?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:21 PM

3,306 posts, read 4,154,654 times
Quote:
If humans had really existed at that time we'd also be extinct, we wouldn't have had a chance against the dinosaurs that were carnivores.
This argument is poor. Humans existed with rather large carnivores in the past. Humans are smart and could've easily came up with ways to avoid gigantic carnivores.

Old 05-29-2007, 01:41 PM

646 posts, read 1,610,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
Do you personally know the people/organization involved with this museum? What support do you have to show they're only in it to make a fast buck? How do you know what their real intentions are? Have you been to the museum or do you plan on going? Have you seen the exhibits yourself, first hand, to make such a statement that it's a high-quality carnival sideshow? Have you seen their videos? Read their narratives on the exhibits? Examined the science they've used to support their position and find it lacking? I suggest you do all the above before making such baldface assumptions and rendering judgement upon it.
Interesting. Secularly minded, scientifically literate people are expected to look at this creation museum, see the exhibits first hand, read the narratives and examine the science, but religious people can simply read one verse from genesis and they are good to go.

Double standard anybody?

Old 05-29-2007, 01:46 PM

3,434 posts, read 9,743,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch00 View Post
Interesting. Secularly minded, scientifically literate people are expected to look at this creation museum, see the exhibits first hand, read the narratives and examine the science, but religious people can simply read one verse from genesis and they are good to go.

Double standard anybody?
I dont care if you look at the musuem or not, I was speaking for myself. And yes, one sentence and Im good! and Im educated and literate as well

Old 05-29-2007, 01:58 PM

279 posts, read 1,347,994 times
Quote:

Double standard anybody?
Would have to agree with you.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:17 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,792,259 times
Quote:

Double standard anybody?
No, that's not what I said. I said see it for yourself before making judgements. I haven't made any judgements about it because I haven't seen it with my own eyes. I plan on going to see it for myself and make my own conclusions after my visit. That's all I asked of MontanaGuy.

Irishmom, I probably used the wrong word in my post regarding "favorable" coverage from the secular media. I should have said "balanced". There are a couple that provide the info on the museum without all the name-calling and such. I just can't access them from my work computer. I'll try to post them later tonight from home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality