Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 04:30 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times

Advertisements

Quick questions that stemmed from the "literal 6 days" thread from a while back.

my first question is- what causes the seasons (winter-spring-summer-fall)...

2- do you believe in satellites.. satellites floating in space that provide a myriad of services like telecommunications, GPS, spying, internet, satellite television etc.. if so, do you not think that machinery this complex would have confirmed via physical evidence that the sun and everything else in our solar system is going around the planet.. or physical evidence that the earth does not rotate..

i hope the answer to the first isn't "because God made it that way".. there is an explanation for everything, like there is a reason you get sick if you eat raw chicken (salmonella) or why you get a bruise if someone punches you in the face (such as capillaries bruising and blood coming out underneath the skin). which means there is an explanation to the changing of the seasons.

thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 04:50 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
Quick questions that stemmed from the "literal 6 days" thread from a while back.

2- do you believe in satellites.. satellites floating in space that provide a myriad of services like telecommunications, GPS, spying, internet, satellite television etc.. if so, do you not think that machinery this complex would have confirmed via physical evidence that the sun and everything else in our solar system is going around the planet.. or physical evidence that the earth does not rotate..

i hope the answer to the first isn't "because God made it that way".. there is an explanation for everything, like there is a reason you get sick if you eat raw chicken (salmonella) or why you get a bruise if someone punches you in the face (such as capillaries bruising and blood coming out underneath the skin). which means there is an explanation to the changing of the seasons.

thanks.
I believed you are referring to what someone stated earlier. I believe he is correct in putting scripture over science in the use of that verse but he applied it in a wrong manner scientifically. If I am wrong then I am sorry although he is right about the earth moving. The earth sweeps through the universe, being dragged along in a solar system around the sun as the sun moves in an orbit from one end of infinite space to the other still rotating on an axis.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 02-11-2010 at 05:06 PM..

Old 02-11-2010, 04:53 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,322,250 times
i dont remember his/her sn, but he/she said the earth was fixed in space, and the sun/planets rotate around it. he or she also said the earth doesnt rotate at all.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:00 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
i dont remember his/her sn, but he/she said the earth was fixed in space, and the sun/planets rotate around it. he or she also said the earth doesnt rotate at all.
I don't think he understands that the earth and the solar system does move. I believe if he can understand that then he can see how that scientific fact can coexist with the verse he gave.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:04 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
This is clearly from a human perspective and not a spiritual perspective. If we observe from a human perspective them it apears that the sun revolves around the earth. As for the season we have slowly learned over the years what causes them but from a human perspective we concluded it was by the will of God, which is true but we didnt understand the details.

Old 02-11-2010, 05:12 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
What causes the seasons summer, fall, winter, spring, is basicly the earth is on an angle to the sun of 23 degrees and when the earth moves around the sun for one year the angle it is in comes closer to the sun or farther to the sun . eg in South America right now it is summer, and it is winter here in North America.......... Jesus said to the Pharsees that`` why it it that you know the seasons of the earth and do not know the seasons of Heaven `` Do you know the seasons of the Heaven? `` the Seasons of Heaven are the move of God and the growth or decline of sin in the earth,... Jesus said that to these Pharsees because they were not perpared for Jesus coming,,, Pray that this last generatiom will be ready of Jesus second coming and strong in the Lord God so that the priest of this day will stand.......

Old 02-11-2010, 06:41 PM

696 posts, read 915,020 times
I wonder since God said let there be light, but did not create the sun or moon until the 4th day. This was the beginning. Most people fail and mix the two together. But there is a biblical distinction.

Then we fastforward to the end and we are presented with a new heaven and a new earth where there will be no sun and then no need for a moon.

It serves a purpose, but why was it not created until the 4th day and why is it not existant by Revelation? This might be off topic.

Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
I believed you are referring to what someone stated earlier. I believe he is correct in putting scripture over science in the use of that verse but he applied it in a wrong manner scientifically. If I am wrong then I am sorry although he is right about the earth moving. The earth sweeps through the universe, being dragged along in a solar system around the sun as the sun moves in an orbit from one end of infinite space to the other still rotating on an axis.
How do you know space is infinite? Who told you? What are your facts?

Old 02-11-2010, 07:38 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:

The coarse of the sun and courses of the stars bring the seasons of spring, summer, fall and winter to earth.
Quote:
Gen 1:14 ¶ And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
The entire heavens rotate around the earth, beginning with the light called into being on day 1, which light was stretched out with the heavens when God divided the waters of the earth and stretched out the heavens between them, in which heavens he placed the created sun, moon, and stars, on day four, to be signs for the seasons, etc.

If you read Enoch's "Book of the Luminaries" you will see that Enoch was shown the entire creation and the course of the heavenly host in their cycles [which do not equate to one "solar" year, but to cycles determined by the relationship of the stars, sun, and moon over a period of time].
The Dead Sea Scroll's copies of Enoch's Book of the Luminaries was much fuller than the Ethiopian one, but you can at lest see, in the Enochian one, that the heavely host are not what "science so called" claims.

The Book of Enoch
Section I I I. Chapters LXXII-LXXXII
The Book of the Heavenly Luminaries

Quote:
geocentrism.com GWW will answer your questions.

Quote:

thanks.
I do hope you read Enoch's full book of the Luminaries for that discussion of the seasons. Unfortunately the translation is almost two hundred years old and the English should be updated to modern English. Hopefully someone will do an honest translation of it to modern English before long.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
How do you know space is infinite? Who told you? What are your facts?
Actually, the authors of "the Electric Universe" have good points on the limitations of the universe. They are not Christian believers and have no idea the answers they seek for the power source of the universe is to be found in Genesis, but they prove that all that is known and seen about the universe only correlates with a smaller sized, and electric, universe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V026kSw4XCs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality