Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:41 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I thought if you saw the reaper he was coming to get you?
Looks like he isn't doing his job if you all are here telling about it
More like active imaginations of kids ( and some odd adults)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 2,025 times
Default amazing topc

Little while ago read the forum. Great work! [url=http://ieee.ece.jhu.edu/wiki/index.php/About_the_St._Augustine_School_of_Medical_Assistan ts]St. Augustine School Medical Assistants[/url]

Old 10-19-2011, 12:18 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
I've seen 'em too. They look like regular people with crappy jobs and carry yellow post-it notes with the names of the people they are gonna take on them. They meet every morning at a diner in Seattle.

...Or was that an old cancelled cable show? I can't remember with all this smoke and those dancing elephants distracting me. Ohh, pretty colors...
Ha! The movie they released in 2009 was AWFUL....
It didn't even have Rube in it, and Daisy was a different actress.....

The series, though - I liked.

What surprised me is that Rube - well, the actor who played him - Mandy Patinkin (or something like that) also played the guy in the Princess Bride who kept saying "You killed my father - prepare to die!"

Old 10-19-2011, 01:07 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
I saw him when I was 16 or 17 years old. It was at 3:30 in the morning, and I was looking around my room since I couldn't sleep and then I looked down into my hallway and I saw this huge figure floating slowly towards my bedroom door. He was completely black, you couldn't see his face. At this point, my heart began pounding like a jack hammer and was too scared to scream. He was as big and as tall as the ceiling (8 feet) and his clock was big, it was sort of "flowly" I guess you could describe it. He was also holding the scythe in his right hand. .
I believed your story until I got to the bolded above. The angel of death is not the scary figure you see walking past your window about 50 times every october 31st.

However, a women in my family claims to have seen the grimm reaper. Her husband had long since gone to bed and she had fallen asleep in her recliner. She then woke up, saw what time it was, { between 1130 and 1200 } and proceeded into her bedroom to get ready for bed. She was putting on her nightclothes when all of a sudden she hears this "knock"........ She looks over by the door and saw what she described as a figure about six feet tall that was in a shrouded shape. { picture "cousin it" in the dark.

When she saw it, the figure the walked out of the room { not really walking but hovering } She then heard a "knock" "knock" "knock" on the upstairs floor of her house. { what we LATER identified as "the three knocks"..... look it up }

Her son was sleeping upstairs. She was so shaken that she just sat there on her bed for an hour before she was finaly calmed enough to lay down. Two weeks later her son died.

Now is all this coincidence? I dont know but if so, it's a pretty big one. She claims she was wide awake but could this be merely the illusion of a women who has awoken from a sleep and possibly was still in a dream like state? Hmmm.....yes I suppose it's possible. I choose to believe her though and have always found her quite credible. I believe she saw something that night, something. Possibly her son was sleepwalking and thats what she saw, or maybe, just maybe, she saw the angel of death himself { assuming such thing exists. }

Old 10-19-2011, 01:38 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Don't fear the reaper. --Blue Oyster Cult

Old 03-29-2012, 02:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,899 times
It's so easy to laugh and mock others when something this terrifying hasn't happend to you! I saw what appeared to be the Grim when I was 14. Infact I saw him 2 times in one evening but the second time was by far the scariest. I was laying in my bed and woke up I couldn't move I looked and saw it standing about 10 ft away from me just looking at me. I was litterally petrified. I could not move, speak, scream or blink. I was in a state of paralysis. I felt the hold finally break and began to scream. I have been scared ever since, I don't ever want to see it again. If you haven't ever seen it you will never understand. I have no mental problems what so ever, I never did drugs.. I was a normal little girl, didn't like or watch scary movies and infact my parents didn't alow it. I'm 32 now and I know what I saw.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:08 PM

860 posts, read 1,357,653 times
My only question is: Why in the world would the Grim Reaper be a 'he' ???? I would think such super natural entities would be gender-less, as genders solely apply to living organisms that reproduce, nothing more.

Old 03-29-2012, 03:15 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,365,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I thought if you saw the reaper he was coming to get you?
Looks like he isn't doing his job if you all are here telling about it
Now see, this is the logical assumption when reading the original post. The GR does not just "change his mind." If he is coming to get you, he will.

What they were seeing was mischievious demons, perhaps. ha!

Old 03-29-2012, 08:19 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Now see, this is the logical assumption when reading the original post. The GR does not just "change his mind." If he is coming to get you, he will.

What they were seeing was mischievious demons, perhaps. ha!
Wrongo......

In Native American lore, it is believed that if the Reaper is seen by anyone, he/she/it will not take the person they came for. That is why it is customary for native americans to close their eyes and put their heads down when one of their fallen is in the throws of death.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 3,867 times
The grim reaper is said to be the "the bridge to hell". I strongly beg to differ, the grim reaper is not a bridge to hell nor a gateway to it. He is simply the guide to hell, and when your time comes if god chooses to deny you access to heaven..... death will gladly take you instead.Do i belive he is real?yes i do and so should you my encounter with the grim was way to real, and gave me a heart attack at the age of 12. when he comes back for me though. i will gladly allow him to guide me to hell, with pride and with dignity. for i know im not going to the white gates of heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality