Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:29 AM

18 posts, read 36,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Does this work?

Use of hell to intimidate atheists ....

Do atheists believe that there is hell basically Or not ??? even I know

if was they believe that there is hell how do they believe with hell while

hell's LORD NOT ...?!!!!

If there was hell means that there is the LORD

pleas to all atheist here is this a contradiction ?

Simply here as long as the fire there will be a greater fire

as long as here hell then there hell but a greater Or rather no one can imagine it .....

Largest fire in the world is only a very small fraction of the hereafter fire

saly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 07:31 AM

310 posts, read 589,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
i dont know what hitler and napoleon's religious beliefs are. but they started the bloodiest and longest war that went down in history literally. well right now muslims are guilty of your notion of religion starting wars. thanks to bin laden and co. but i hope people stop generalizing/sterotyping religious people as war mongerers just coz one of their own does. i think judging someone based on their race,religion,or gender is idiotic especially if you have not known each and every person personally don't u think?
I am always amazed by the deficit in the education of christians and many other religious beliefs. How could you NOT know that Hitler was a christian?!! Talk about selective learning, jeeeze. And as far as your ignorant statements about non-believers, once again I am astounded.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 AM

354 posts, read 749,373 times
well, maybe hitler was heavily studied in US, but in my country, he is not. and i dont see why i have to learn everything about hitler either. my statement was directed to the poster above me. what exactly did i say about non believers that is ignoramic? im happy to astound you.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:11 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
oh wow. that's news to me that hitler was christian. it is a shame. yes. but not all christians are like that.
No they're not....and not all Muslims are guilty of starting religious wars either which is what you implied in post #43

Old 02-22-2010, 02:15 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,195,502 times
Quote:
well, maybe hitler was heavily studied in US, but in my country, he is not. and i dont see why i have to learn everything about hitler either. my statement was directed to the poster above me. what exactly did i say about non believers that is ignoramic? im happy to astound you.
Because if we do not learn from the past we will be doomed to repeat it.

/repeating myself.

Old 02-22-2010, 06:08 PM

354 posts, read 749,373 times
oh i didnt know my posts are heavily scrutinized. i admit i was wrong with the dont believe in anything statement about atheists. coz they more appropriately really does not believe in a god or devil or heaven or hell for that matter. but yes. good pt. they believe in some aspects of life. oh im not sleeping well lately so im more like rambling on my recent posts. i apologize.

Old 02-23-2010, 07:45 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvenie View Post
I am always amazed by the deficit in the education of christians and many other religious beliefs. How could you NOT know that Hitler was a christian?!! Talk about selective learning, jeeeze. And as far as your ignorant statements about non-believers, once again I am astounded.

Jesus Christ said that Christians would not murder people. And He also told us, that we would know true Christians by their works. Now Hitler was guilty of mass murder. So according to Jesus. Hitler would not fit the description of a true follower of Christ. There is a big difference between claiming to be a Christian, and actually being one. Jesus said, many will worship me with their lips, yet their hearts are far from me.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:03 AM

457 posts, read 756,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Does this work?
Sure, just like garden gnomes intemadate dinasours.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:22 AM

212 posts, read 417,551 times
Of course not! How can you fear something that does not exist? I don't fear flying monkeys anymore either, although they did scare me when I first saw them in the "Wizard of Oz" when I was a kid. I outgrew that.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:32 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saly 44 View Post
Use of hell to intimidate atheists ....

Do atheists believe that there is hell basically Or not ??? even I know
if was they believe that there is hell how do they believe with hell while
hell's LORD NOT ...?!!!!

If there was hell means that there is the LORD
pleas to all atheist here is this a contradiction ?

Nope. None at all. There's neither a Lord, nor the consequent HELL. Both are simple management constructs of the ancient mythical mind, and of truly illiterate peasant beliefs.

Simply here as long as the fire there will be a greater fire
as long as here hell then there hell but a greater Or rather no one can imagine it .....

Largest fire in the world is only a very small fraction of the hereafter fire
saly
So let me get this straight. You actually believe in a physical hell fire burning "somewhere" underneath us, but also the presence of air (no fire without air), and also a sufficient supply of air for the hell-bound people there to breathe?

This all makes sense to you? Or could it be a simple fairy tale designed to scare unthinking folks into complete obedience in nutty religious dogma?

Naaaahhh..... no-one could be that illogical, could they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality