Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 09:49 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,495,114 times

Advertisements

By the way north carolina ,what are you doin in texas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 09:59 PM

23,010 posts, read 34,363,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
By the way north carolina ,what are you doin in texas
Sweating and wishing I lived in Tennessee or North Carolina

Old 05-30-2007, 10:02 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,005,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Sweating and wishing I lived in Tennessee or North Carolina
And here I am trying to leave Arizona and get TO TEXAS! If you think it's hot there, try the Arizona desert Here in another month it will be 120+ and I am sick of the desert! I want GREEN!

Looking at San Antonio, Dallas or Tyler areas! Any insider info for me?

Old 05-30-2007, 10:42 PM

688 posts, read 2,835,009 times
I'm just about to go to bed but I just wanted you all to know that I read this thread and it lifted me up! I've been having a bout with fear today and as I read these posts and the lovely poems, I feel a little more peppier now. So I just want to say thanks! Also, if you will, my sisters and brothers in Christ, pray for me as I'm dealing with these fear issues. I will overcome it with the Lord on my side! I've had many times throughout my life that I've struggled with fear......about a year or so ago, an Intercessor once told me to get me a tshirt that read "NO FEAR" on it and wear it around alot....I've never done that yet! He also led me to the scripture in Romans 8:31 (More than conquerers)
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? I really need some prayers, and I need to read the book of Romans more! Anyway, thanks again! Have a wonderful nights sleep everyone!

LuLu

Old 05-30-2007, 10:50 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,880,510 times
Default Green eggs and.....ALPHA!!!

I'm not much of a poet, but I led a group study...long story....it's where God rocked my world...anyway, I led this group and one of our 'projects' was to come up with something that described what Jesus means to us. So I wrote this poem...it's a bit 'Dr. Seuss' maybe...but I thought it might fit here....

Who was Jesus to Me?
Acts 2:22-24

It’s a fair enough question,
You’ve asked me, my friend.
And I’ve mulled it over,
Again and again.

I could answer “My Savior,
Who supplies all my needs”
But that would fall short,
In light of His deeds.

He’s blessed me with riches,
With friendships and wife
But that pales in comparison
With the gift of His life.

See, He loves us so much,
It’s His greatest thrill,
That He carried His alter
To the top of a hill.

I imagine that journey
From the foot to the top;
How I’m sure He fell down
And wanted to stop.

But He thought of me
And all of the lost
As pain wracked His body
When nailed to the cross.

So He suffered and bled
Til He drew His last breath
But not Satan nor man
Could condemn Him to death.

For the Father remembered,
That this Son was His
So the question’s not “was”
But rather “who IS?”

For He rose from the grave,
Threw open that tomb
And now sits with the Father
In Heaven’s throne room.

See, He did this for us,
He died for our sins,
So we can know glory
And life never end.

Do these words make sense?
For my heart speaks true.
That’s Jesus to me,
Now what about you?

~Alpha8207, 2004

Old 05-31-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuLu108 View Post
I'm just about to go to bed but I just wanted you all to know that I read this thread and it lifted me up! I've been having a bout with fear today and as I read these posts and the lovely poems, I feel a little more peppier now. So I just want to say thanks! Also, if you will, my sisters and brothers in Christ, pray for me as I'm dealing with these fear issues. I will overcome it with the Lord on my side! I've had many times throughout my life that I've struggled with fear......about a year or so ago, an Intercessor once told me to get me a tshirt that read "NO FEAR" on it and wear it around alot....I've never done that yet! He also led me to the scripture in Romans 8:31 (More than conquerers)
31What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? I really need some prayers, and I need to read the book of Romans more! Anyway, thanks again! Have a wonderful nights sleep everyone!

LuLu
Please know that you will be in my prayers Lulu! I am also sending you a PM with some more wonderful scriptures when you are feeling fear!

Old 05-31-2007, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I'm not much of a poet, but I led a group study...long story....it's where God rocked my world...anyway, I led this group and one of our 'projects' was to come up with something that described what Jesus means to us. So I wrote this poem...it's a bit 'Dr. Seuss' maybe...but I thought it might fit here....

Who was Jesus to Me?
Acts 2:22-24

It’s a fair enough question,
You’ve asked me, my friend.
And I’ve mulled it over,
Again and again.

I could answer “My Savior,
Who supplies all my needs”
But that would fall short,
In light of His deeds.

He’s blessed me with riches,
With friendships and wife
But that pales in comparison
With the gift of His life.

See, He loves us so much,
It’s His greatest thrill,
That He carried His alter
To the top of a hill.

I imagine that journey
From the foot to the top;
How I’m sure He fell down
And wanted to stop.

But He thought of me
And all of the lost
As pain wracked His body
When nailed to the cross.

So He suffered and bled
Til He drew His last breath
But not Satan nor man
Could condemn Him to death.

For the Father remembered,
That this Son was His
So the question’s not “was”
But rather “who IS?”

For He rose from the grave,
Threw open that tomb
And now sits with the Father
In Heaven’s throne room.

See, He did this for us,
He died for our sins,
So we can know glory
And life never end.

Do these words make sense?
For my heart speaks true.
That’s Jesus to me,
Now what about you?

~Alpha8207, 2004
Dr. Seuss? NO WAY! Dr. Alpha is more like it!!
What a WONDERFUL poem Alpha!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:10 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,495,114 times
thefer was talking about her granddaughter saying the blessing at mealtime. It does my soul good that my grand kids sometimes argue over who gets to give the thanks So while the mashed potatoes get cold, we sometimes have to listen to four different blessings each one longer and more powerful than the last. One time the youngest one said "Amen" then promptly turned to her sister, stuck out her tongue, rolled her eyes and said,"How's That!!!"

Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,740,346 times
I think Im very blessed to have two daughters, and I feel so much more blessed about them after my three nephews leave..My mom must have wanted to pull her hair out with me-lol

Old 05-31-2007, 08:25 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,752,816 times
My blessings may not seem like blessings to some. My husband has been looking for work since last August. Although it's been a struggle these past few months, God keeps showing us how much He loves us.

These hard times have brought us so much closer to Him. Our faith is stronger than ever! God has also blessed us with wonderful friends and neighbors who make me cry with joy and love at least a few times a week. They pray for us, help us in every way they can, shower us with love and support, think of us with grocery, or pizza gift cards, and basically have become our family.

Not a day goes by that I don't thank my awesome God. He is amazing!! Without Him....without prayer and the comfort of His Words....emotionally and spiritually we'd be in a different place altogether right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality