Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2007, 09:15 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,744,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
This is giving me a hot flash just reading it!
hahaha lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 09:23 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,199,342 times
Screw that noise! I grew up in Boron / North Edwards, California. Out in the westernmost part of the Mojave desert, near Edwards AFB/NASA. SUPER hot but not as hot as where you are! I have also lived in south Texas--Bay City, south of Houston--and Tulsa OK, which just hit 106 the other day WITH humidity. No thanks.

Of course, winter will come and you guys will be loving it while we freeze...

Old 08-16-2007, 09:30 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,008,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffncandace View Post

I don't miss the heat! This our actual forcast!
Jeff, I am sorry to be so BLUNT, but.....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u24/jerseyjude/biteme.gif (broken link)

Here's what mine looks like:

Current Conditions (as of 7:50 AM) Today's forecast
95°F
Feels like: 95°F
(AND YOU NOTICE WHAT TIME THIS WAS...RIGHT?

Today T-storms
Hi: 109°
Lo: 87°
T-storms

Tomorrow
Aug 17
T-storms
Lo: 85°

And believe me, we won't get any rain , we'll just get the humidity from it. And this is actually pretty MILD for what we're used to in August!

Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 AM

Quote:

I don't miss the heat! This our actual forcast!
reminds me of when i was in MI two years ago...weather was great..its strange to drive from AR and have the temp drop around 25 degress in a few short hours of driving..when I filled up for gas outside of Chicago, i thought i was gonna freeze...in July-lol, hey Jeff..you ever drove you car/truck on lake michigan? when its froze

Old 08-16-2007, 09:43 AM

I would just like to be financially stable enough to become a SNOWBIRD!

I could live here in the winters, and go to Colorado or ???? in the summertime....WOULD TOTALLY WORK FOR ME!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:28 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,268,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Jeff, I am sorry to be so BLUNT, but.....

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u24/jerseyjude/biteme.gif (broken link)

Here's what mine looks like:

Current Conditions (as of 7:50 AM) Today's forecast
95°F
Feels like: 95°F
(AND YOU NOTICE WHAT TIME THIS WAS...RIGHT?

Today T-storms
Lo: 87°
T-storms

Tomorrow
Aug 17
T-storms
Lo: 85°

And believe me, we won't get any rain , we'll just get the humidity from it. And this is actually pretty MILD for what we're used to in August!
I'm with Kawg! Of course, Dallas isn't as bad as Arizona. But we are hovering around 103 and 104 every day and we have humidity to go along with it!

Old 08-16-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
reminds me of when i was in MI two years ago...weather was great..its strange to drive from AR and have the temp drop around 25 degress in a few short hours of driving..when I filled up for gas outside of Chicago, i thought i was gonna freeze...in July-lol, hey Jeff..you ever drove you car/truck on lake michigan? when its froze
No I haven't yet but everyone here does! It freaks me out...even in March when the lakes were melting, I'd see people out ice-fishing, snowmobiling...! My dad says it's no big deal, you could drive an 18-wheeler out there and it would be fine, ala Ice Road Truckers. Screw that noise! No way.

But the weather guys...ah, it's beautiful here today.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:36 AM

Quote:
No I haven't yet but everyone here does! It freaks me out...even in March when the lakes were melting, I'd see people out ice-fishing, snowmobiling...! My dad says it's no big deal, you could drive an 18-wheeler out there and it would be fine, ala Ice Road Truckers. Screw that noise! No way.

But the weather guys...ah, it's beautiful here today.
its beautiful here too....as long as you are INSIDE looking at OUTSIDE....or in the water somewhere..like the lake.

Old 08-16-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
its beautiful here too....as long as you are INSIDE looking at OUTSIDE....or in the water somewhere..like the lake.
Sunny skies...although it looks like thunderheads are starting to build. Nice, soft, cool, refreshing breeze...warm sun...

I'm just razzing you guys...like I said I have dealt with that heat every year of my life until this one...even last summer we moved here in the middle of July so we experienced the 1st half of summer in Cali then experienced the PEAK of summer temps all across the USA as we drove here....

Old 08-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Yeah well, our local weather LIED as usual . It's 123 right now. We just walked in the door from our last job and we are both overheated

Maybe that's why I trust in Jesus so much ...I already have a good taste of what I would imagine hell would be like

Just kidding everyone...just kidding!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality