Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2010, 08:14 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,695,453 times

Advertisements

If God can do anything, could not he choose not to know certain aspects of the future of his creation? Which does not mean that God is not all knowing. He can set and design certain situations in which he kn

So many people say that God intended for Satan to be evil from the beginning and knew that Adam and Eve would sin and I think that is a bunch of hogwash. Therefore he does allow suffering to cleanse the world but he does not always say,"well I know they are going to sin and rebel so I will punish them knowing that they will rebel in advance". Many times God might but since everything is governed by God's will, but it does not mean that God treats every situation the same.

There is evidence that there was a flood before Adam and Eve were created. God was starting over with humanity, creating Adam and Eve PERFECT. Lucifer could not make Adam and Eve do what they did not want to do. God did NOT know Adam and Eve would sin.

I believe that Lucifer could have gone millions or even billions of years before sinning and Adam and Eve could have gone thousands of years without sinning.

There are times when God does give us a choice to obey him, regardless if he chooses to know what we will do or not.

Human beings existed for thousands of years before Adam and Eve and there are human beings in the universe outside of earth. There were also human beings on this earth thousands of years before Adam and Eve.

With Adam and Eve, God wanted perfect humans populating the earth.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2010, 09:04 AM

454 posts, read 1,403,360 times
How do YOU know all of this???

LOOOL

if i didn't know any better, i'd think 'you' are god! since you know exactly what he thinks/doesn't think, can/cannot do! lol

wait! maybe that's cause he's in your head...

Old 02-22-2010, 09:17 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,792,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
If God can do anything, could not he choose not to know certain aspects of the future of his creation? Which does not mean that God is not all knowing.
Of course it does. One is either omniscient or one isn't.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,103,181 times
Wait a minute....

Wouldn't he know he was gonna choose to not know certain things in the future ahead of time, and therefore, know the future by knowing he was gonna choose to not know it

Old 02-22-2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleenex View Post
How do YOU know all of this???

LOOOL

if i didn't know any better, i'd think 'you' are god! since you know exactly what he thinks/doesn't think, can/cannot do! lol

wait! maybe that's cause he's in your head...
It's simple. There was a flood before Adam and Eve. The whole earth was covered in water. God was starting over with humanity. There were human beings before Adam and Eve.

You have to assume human beings were evil before Adam and Eve were created. Adam and Eve were perfect and were not ordinary human beings.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,792,088 times
Quote:
Adam and Eve were perfect and were not ordinary human beings.
Had they been "perfect" they would not have been able to "sin." The "perfect" car will never break down. If it does...it isn't perfect is it?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:13 PM

2,595 posts, read 4,428,037 times
Quote:
If God can do anything, could not he choose not to know certain aspects of the future of his creation? Which does not mean that God is not all knowing. He can set and design certain situations in which he kn

So many people say that God intended for Satan to be evil from the beginning and knew that Adam and Eve would sin and I think that is a bunch of hogwash. Therefore he does allow suffering to cleanse the world but he does not always say,"well I know they are going to sin and rebel so I will punish them knowing that they will rebel in advance". Many times God might but since everything is governed by God's will, but it does not mean that God treats every situation the same.

There is evidence that there was a flood before Adam and Eve were created. God was starting over with humanity, creating Adam and Eve PERFECT. Lucifer could not make Adam and Eve do what they did not want to do. God did NOT know Adam and Eve would sin.

I believe that Lucifer could have gone millions or even billions of years before sinning and Adam and Eve could have gone thousands of years without sinning.

There are times when God does give us a choice to obey him, regardless if he chooses to know what we will do or not.

Human beings existed for thousands of years before Adam and Eve and there are human beings in the universe outside of earth. There were also human beings on this earth thousands of years before Adam and Eve.

With Adam and Eve, God wanted perfect humans populating the earth.
God is Omniscient!

You doctrine is not based on the bible. You appear to be mixing evolution and some type of bible/qua'ran based belief. What you are ending up with is confusion.

The bible does not indicate humans before Adam and Eve. Adam is the first human created. Eve was taken out of Adam. And Eve is the mother of all living.

Evolution does not care about Adam and Eve because there was no first of any creature in this belief system. They believe that death occured for millions upon millions of years before anything like sin appeared as a concept.

Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,911,742 times
Can God make a rock so heavy He can't pick it up?

Can a sinless God forgive himself?

Can God make a circle that is a square?

Can a sexless God have an erection?

Am I wearing any pants?

Old 02-22-2010, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
God is Omniscient!

You doctrine is not based on the bible. You appear to be mixing evolution and some type of bible/qua'ran based belief. What you are ending up with is confusion.

The bible does not indicate humans before Adam and Eve. Adam is the first human created. Eve was taken out of Adam. And Eve is the mother of all living.

Evolution does not care about Adam and Eve because there was no first of any creature in this belief system. They believe that death occured for millions upon millions of years before anything like sin appeared as a concept.
I never mentioned evolution.

I simply said that there were HUMANS on earth before Adam and Eve.

There is evidence of a flood before Adam and Eve.

The Bible does not tell everything that happened in the past.

Old 02-22-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Had they been "perfect" they would not have been able to "sin." The "perfect" car will never break down. If it does...it isn't perfect is it?
The car analogy does not work here.

They were perfect, Lucifer could not make them do what they did not want to do but they had free will.

The reason they made the choice to sin against God is beyond our understanding.

Adam and Eve were not ordinary human beings.

They did not have to sin.

Do not simplify Adam and Eve to our understanding, they were immortals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality