U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-02-2010, 01:00 PM

4,325 posts, read 3,385,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
We choose Jesus now, or never.

'Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.' Heb 9:27 NIV
If that is what you are taught to believe, so be it. I am not taught that nor do I believe that. We are only just beginning our life. The spirit world is a continuation of this life. We can choose to go back to God, where we came from, or we can choose to become the perfect natural man.

Jesus is only the way shower, He is not God so I cannot choose Jesus over God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 01:00 PM

1,736 posts, read 1,213,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
We choose Jesus now, or never.

'Man is destined to die once, and after that to face judgment.' Heb 9:27 NIV
What a game for God to play!
Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering or in Rev's case death.
Then create beings whom you love dearly and watch over. And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering and or death and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss. Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Regards
DL

Old 03-02-2010, 01:07 PM

1,243 posts, read 815,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering or in Rev's case death.
Then create beings whom you love dearly and watch over. And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering and or death and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss. Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Regards
DL
The trouble is, man is in no great position to wag his finger. The moral high ground is of little comfort in the depths of hell.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:08 PM

4,325 posts, read 3,385,038 times
Quote:

Regards
DL
I think you are totally misunderstanding me.

There is no eternal suffering for anyone. Hell (darkness) will eventually close and all souls will either be in the natural love heavens or the Divine Love heavens. The only way anyone can be annihilated is if they choose to not go to either place. It's our choosing and not God's. We choose where we want to end up, not God.

I worship God and God alone. I have no idea why you would think that I think anything negative of God. He is absolute Love, something human beings cannot fathom at this juncture.

Stop putting words in my mouth, please.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:34 PM

1,395 posts, read 988,238 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
1. We do not become Divine from (WORKS). For Scripture teaches us in Romans 3:20 (FOR BY WORKS OF THE LAW NO HUMAN BEING WILL BE JUSTIFIED.)
We become divine when we pray to our Heavenly Father and receive His Divine Love into our souls... this is a process of soul development and doesn't happen overnight. And this Divine Love is brought to us by the Holy Spirit. It is the very essence of our Heavenly Father and it changes our soul's substance from merely the image to the divine, as is our Father... this is what happened to Jesus.

He is talking about the works of the Law of Compensation... for whatever you sow, so shall you reap. And this means that any sins that are on our souls will need so that we can become purified. We become purified by prayer to our father for forgiveness, which causes forgetfulness of the sins that we either committed, or which were committed against us by others. God's Divine Love sets aside this law and our souls become purified without having to go through the long drawn out process... it's a much faster way and when we receive this Love to a sufficient degree, we are assured of immortality.

Quote:
2. There is no "WORD" that is made flesh?
Clearly again Scripture teaches us in John 1 verse 14. (THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND MADE HIS DWELLING AMONG US).
Here he is referring to the "Word" as being God... this whole sentence is misunderstood. Jesus received God's Divine Love. God didn't cause Himself to be born as Jesus. Give our Father credit... He doesn't live amongst us... only His Divine Love does and it is available to all of us if we just ask for it. He lives in His own habitation far, far away in His Heavens... but yet He is close to us when we want to be close to Him... which I do and I am.

Quote:
3. The Father sent Jesus Christ into the world that is correct. And Jesus tell us, IN ROMANS 10:9 ( THAT IF THOU SHALT CONFESS WITH THEY MOUTH THE LORD JESUS, AND SHALT BELIEVE IN THINE HEART THAT GOD HAS RAISED HIM FROM THE DEAD, THOU SHALT BE SAVED.)
Before Jesus was born... our souls were dead. They didn't have the opportunity to receive God's Divine Love because He withdrew it after Adam and Eve refused this awesome gift. All people born until Jesus had souls that were "dead." Jesus' soul was created to long for God's Divine Love and that's why he brought "life" to the rest of us. Being saved means being purified with the very essence of God in our souls so that we will be at-one with Him in harmony and love. It doesn't have anything to do with Jesus dying on the cross and being resurrected.

Quote:
Your belief in this Divine love has nothing to do with the Scriptures. It is however an attempt to reject Christ death on the cross, and somehow make salvation (AN ACT OF WORKS) that we earn ourselves. Christ never taught such a Doctrine. And it appears to me, you have base your entire misguided belief, ON ONE MANS DREAM. I ask this of you before, and you never answered my question.
Exactly. If you can explain how one man dying on the cross can save billions of people, then I'd like to hear it. The fact and the Truth is that it can't happen. The Bible has contradictions and errors. I realize you believe it with all your hearts... but it's not all there is. There is more and that's what I'm sharing here.

Quote:
DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT AFTER 1800 YEARS, GOD FINALLY GOT AROUND TO TELLING THIS FORMER LAWYER/PSYCHIC JAMES E. PADGETT, THAT THE BIBLE WAS ALL WRONG?
Jesus has been working ever since he was crucified to tell as many people who would listen about God's Divine Love. He made an attempt with Swedenborg, who didn't understand it. He was able to use the services of an attorney, who didn't even know he had the gift of automatic writing. The only way to dispute what Jesus wrote is to read his words... and when you do, you will get an epiphany like you've never had before. To say that Jesus is awesome is an understatement. I have had the privilege and honor of feeling his presence and his love and I know that it is his desire that people learn about the real Truth... the one he wrote and not someone else.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:26 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,630,302 times
[quote=SoCalAngel2009;13129451]
Quote:

We become divine when we pray to our Heavenly Father and receive His Divine Love into our souls... this is a process of soul development and doesn't happen overnight. And this Divine Love is brought to us by the Holy Spirit. It is the very essence of our Heavenly Father and it changes our soul's substance from merely the image to the divine, as is our Father... this is what happened to Jesus.

He is talking about the works of the Law of Compensation... for whatever you sow, so shall you reap. And this means that any sins that are on our souls will need so that we can become purified. We become purified by prayer to our father for forgiveness, which causes forgetfulness of the sins that we either committed, or which were committed against us by others. God's Divine Love sets aside this law and our souls become purified without having to go through the long drawn out process... it's a much faster way and when we receive this Love to a sufficient degree, we are assured of immortality.

Here he is referring to the "Word" as being God... this whole sentence is misunderstood. Jesus received God's Divine Love. God didn't cause Himself to be born as Jesus. Give our Father credit... He doesn't live amongst us... only His Divine Love does and it is available to all of us if we just ask for it. He lives in His own habitation far, far away in His Heavens... but yet He is close to us when we want to be close to Him... which I do and I am.

Before Jesus was born... our souls were dead. They didn't have the opportunity to receive God's Divine Love because He withdrew it after Adam and Eve refused this awesome gift. All people born until Jesus had souls that were "dead." Jesus' soul was created to long for God's Divine Love and that's why he brought "life" to the rest of us. Being saved means being purified with the very essence of God in our souls so that we will be at-one with Him in harmony and love. It doesn't have anything to do with Jesus dying on the cross and being resurrected.

Exactly. If you can explain how one man dying on the cross can save billions of people, then I'd like to hear it. The fact and the Truth is that it can't happen. The Bible has contradictions and errors. I realize you believe it with all your hearts... but it's not all there is. There is more and that's what I'm sharing here.

Jesus has been working ever since he was crucified to tell as many people who would listen about God's Divine Love. He made an attempt with Swedenborg, who didn't understand it. He was able to use the services of an attorney, who didn't even know he had the gift of automatic writing. The only way to dispute what Jesus wrote is to read his words... and when you do, you will get an epiphany like you've never had before. To say that Jesus is awesome is an understatement. I have had the privilege and honor of feeling his presence and his love and I know that it is his desire that people learn about the real Truth... the one he wrote and not someone else.

Some New translations of the Bible may have errors in them. Yet we do have the older Majority Text that are in agreement. And the entire New Testament is dedicated to the fact that the death of Jesus Christ on the cross is the only Sacrifice that will save man from sin. Yet for 1800 years till Padgett's time, you believe the Bible has been filled with errors? What kind of a God do you believe in? He could create the universe, yet He can't get His Book to read correctly? Do you understand how insane that sounds? And if that were true, why would God wait 1800 years for Padgett? Was it just that God was so busy, that He had no time to inform the rest of the world that His book got messed up? There are hundreds of guys like Padgett, and everyone of them are telling us a different story. And they all tell us, that God's Book got messed up. And everyone of them, conterdict each other. So why would you believe Padgett?

If you recall how the angel of death passed throught the land of Egypt, during the time of the Exodus. God had the people smear lambs blood over their doorway. And as a result, the angel of death would pass by. Those who did not smear the lambs blood over their doorway, suffered the consequences. Jesus is called the lamb of God, and all people who are covered by His blood, will be saved when the angel of death passes over.

1 Corinthians 1:18

FOR THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS IS FOOLISHNESS TO THOSE WHO ARE PERISHING, BUT TO US WHO ARE BEING SAVED IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:45 AM

1,243 posts, read 815,152 times
Quote:
Some New translations of the Bible may have errors in them. Yet we do have the older Majority Text that are in agreement.
The popular press has a similar characteristic.

Quote:
for 1800 years till Padgett's time, you believe the Bible has been filled with errors? What kind of a God do you believe in? He could create the universe, yet He can't get His Book to read correctly? Do you understand how insane that sounds?
He couldn't get his book read at all for a thousand years before brave people copied out their own English translations from a Latin translation that most people, including priests, could not understand. Then God allowed them to be murdered and their translation to go unread.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:11 AM

7,654 posts, read 6,630,302 times
Quote:
Jesus as God is problematic.

If you believe in the trinity, you would have to explain how in the beginning, Jesus was alive before his mother was even born.
You would also have to contend with the virgin birth.
That concept was around much earlier than Christianity in other religions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dr767bZQWFw&feature=fvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx5EKaY1B8g&feature=related

To believe in it would mean that you would have to breed God, one species, with man, a different species. In modern terms we call this bestiality. Not a good epithet to hang on a God.
It is also problematic to have God use another mans woman. That sound too much like coveting another manís wife. It also shows a God that needs a human, his own mother in fact, to reproduce himself as Jesus/God.
If Jesus was in the beginning as part of the trinity then we would end up with two Jesusí.
It sounds strange to me that God would also have to use a woman to reproduce himself. That would make his mate his own mother. In modern terms, that is incest.
To think that God would break the rules of bestiality, and incest and create a paradox of living before his mother, would I think, be wrong.
Further, to think that God would have such problems getting man on track that he would have to tweak his perfect creations also shows a God that somehow failed to start us up the right way and we know that this is impossible for God because it would mean that he is incompetent.
We should all believe that God gets things right the first time and every time.
As to the vicarious redemption of Jesus, this was arguably rejected by God as immoral.
Why have you forsaken me, is answered by, it is immoral.

http://www.thenazareneway.com/vicarious_atonement.htm

The last reason I have a problem with Jesus as God is that scripture has him resurrecting and his body living forever in heaven.
This cannot be as he never ate of the tree of life. He then could not be immortal. At least not his human part.
To believe that Jesus is God one also has to buy into the notion that miracles of all kinds are real.
No proof of any miracle exists and I think that if God wanted man to believe in such a thing, he would have left a sample here for us to ponder.

Do you have faith in Jesus?

If so,
Matthew 17:20
And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.
Do your thing. There are about 50,000 children that starve to death yearly. Time for you to show what faith can do.

Do you have faith in Jesus?

Are miracles real?

Regards
DL
Jesus had a spiritual body, long before He had a physical body, and that is how He existed long before Mary was born. God exist in Spirit.

Jesus once told me to pray for a job, and as soon as I said the (A) of Amen the phone next to me began to ring, and when I answered the call then man on the other end of the line gave me a job, and I was still on my knees. When God offers us things, that's when we must exercise our faith to see His gift. The things we ask for, must be the things that God has already placed in our heart. And yes, miracles are real.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:43 AM

[quote=Campbell34;13132842][quote=SoCalAngel2009;13129451]

Quote:
Some New translations of the Bible may have errors in them. Yet we do have the older Majority Text that are in agreement. And the entire New Testament is dedicated to the fact that the death of Jesus Christ on the cross is the only Sacrifice that will save man from sin.
Our Heavenly Father didn't write the Bible... men did and it was rewritten several times. Jesus' message was lost because they didn't have a clue what he was talking about. They concocted the theory that he died on the cross to save our sins. Didn't our Father tell Abraham in the OT not to sacrifice his son? The whole reason for the New Testament is that there be no more sacrifices. Jesus wasn't born for this purpose. He was born to receive God's Divine Love in his soul and to tell God's children, who would listen, that this is the way to salvation.

Quote:
Yet for 1800 years till Padgett's time, you believe the Bible has been filled with errors?
Yes.

Quote:
What kind of a God do you believe in? He could create the universe, yet He can't get His Book to read correctly?
My Heavenly Father loves me and I love Him with all my heart and soul. I receive His Divine Love because my soul longs for it. He gives to us free will to search and in searching I found the Truth about Him.

Quote:
Do you understand how insane that sounds? And if that were true, why would God wait 1800 years for Padgett? Was it just that God was so busy, that He had no time to inform the rest of the world that His book got messed up? There are hundreds of guys like Padgett, and everyone of them are telling us a different story. And they all tell us, that God's Book got messed up. And everyone of them, conterdict each other. So why would you believe Padgett?
Where can you find another source that tells us about God's Divine Love and the importance of receiving it? For 1800 years, Jesus and the Celestial Angels have been working diligently to get the Truth out here. It's now been here almost 100 years... and thank God for the internet that it can be shared worldwide. Padgett was the chosen instrument of Jesus. He was a Methodist, who believed Jesus died on the cross to save his sins, just as you do. Jesus had faith in him that he would be able to receive messages of higher Truth, when Padgett had received a sufficient amount of God's Divine Love in his soul... which he did. And eventually, Padgett came to understand that his beliefs were in error. When I read Jesus' words, it makes me cry and I am so humbled to know I am reading the most powerful messages that have ever been given to mankind.

Quote:
If you recall how the angel of death passed throught the land of Egypt, during the time of the Exodus. God had the people smear lambs blood over their doorway. And as a result, the angel of death would pass by. Those who did not smear the lambs blood over their doorway, suffered the consequences. Jesus is called the lamb of God, and all people who are covered by His blood, will be saved when the angel of death passes over. 1 Corinthians 1:18
Our loving Heavenly Father would never do this. He never violates His own laws... which we know one... thou shalt not kill.

Quote:
FOR THE MESSAGE OF THE CROSS IS FOOLISHNESS TO THOSE WHO ARE PERISHING, BUT TO US WHO ARE BEING SAVED IT IS THE POWER OF GOD.
Well, sorry to say, that belief will get people absolutely nowhere as it doesn't save anyone.

The Teachings of the Bible That Jesus' Blood Washes Away Sin, or That Jesus Died on the Cross for the Salvation of Men, are False (http://tinyurl.com/ygfnu9w - broken link)

Old 03-03-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Jesus had a spiritual body, long before He had a physical body, and that is how He existed long before Mary was born. God exist in Spirit.

Jesus once told me to pray for a job, and as soon as I said the (A) of Amen the phone next to me began to ring, and when I answered the call then man on the other end of the line gave me a job, and I was still on my knees. When God offers us things, that's when we must exercise our faith to see His gift. The things we ask for, must be the things that God has already placed in our heart. And yes, miracles are real.
Jesus had a soul before he was born... just as we all do. He didn't acquire a spiritual body until his soul was incarnated into his flesh... the same way we acquire our spiritual bodies.

Maybe it was our Heavenly Father who helped you get a job. He helps me all the time... and whenever I have a question, I ask my Father about it and He always gives me the right answer. A few times recently, He told me of things that were going to happen before the event occurred.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality