Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 10:33 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,566,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
What a game for God to play!
Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering.
Correct so far.

Quote:
Then create beings whom you love dearly and watch over.
No, no. Only those worth watching over are watched over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 AM

217 posts, read 692,622 times
think about it scientifically.......the law of gravity, states that the larger more dense object always exerts the stronger gravitation pull.....that being said if jesus (pbuh) was god unless his body weight was as dense as 20 planets the earths gravitational pull would be stronger then him, which would then make him less then all powerfull.....

Old 03-08-2010, 11:05 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
What a game for God to play!
Create a place for eternal bliss as well as a place for eternal suffering.
Then create beings whom you love dearly and watch over. And in the end, decide which to consider "trash" and "throw away" into the place for eternal suffering and which to cling to and love in the place for eternal bliss.
Even man, with all his faults, is greater and more responsible.

Regards
DL
You seem to harbor bad feelings towards God. If you would step away from the bible, ponder things with your own heart, you may come to know the God that I have come to know. He is nothing at all like the bible portrays in the OT. He is loving, kind, compassionate, merciful and absolutely loves every single one of His children. You either hate yourself or the idea that you are loved beyond all imagining.

God does not throw away any of His children. It is us who chooses to go away from Him. It is by our own choosing if we want to reside in the Celestial Heavens, the natural love heavens or wallow in our self pity in darkness (hell). It is not God that does those things to us. It is us who does those things. You obviously cannot fathom a loving parent, ever watchful and loving no matter what you do. Any God who puts conditions on anything is not the True God. He loves without condition. That means, what ever you do, how you act, whether you kill one million or none, steal or not, He will love you. It is by your own guilt or loving action that you must pay for any action you do. You reap what you sow. God, Jesus or anyone else will not pay the price for you.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
So the apostles were wrong.
The editors of the bible were wrong. Of course, the apostles had no idea what Jesus was talking about until after pentecost where Divine Love was concerned.

You seem to have a lot of questions. Either you are fishing for Truth, read the bible and want to mock in the end or you are truely curious at something you have been taught yet don't believe. I'm just trying to understand where your coming from, nothing more.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:21 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,566,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The editors of the bible were wrong.
Who decides when they were wrong and when they were not?

Quote:
Of course, the apostles had no idea what Jesus was talking about until after pentecost where Divine Love was concerned.
It was after Pentecost that they wrote about being filled with the Spirit.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:33 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,571,881 times
Quote:
And when you find yourself in the spirit, you will see that you are no better off than you are now. Beliefs are of the mind. Jesus never taught anything that was not of the soul. If you want to reach God, you must acquire His likeness or you will be left out the door to the Kingdom of God. Jesus told us all that God is within. How can you see God by mere belief. You must acquire His substance which is Divine Love. You cannot see God without It.

If you already pray, why not add Divine Love to your prayers? It's very simple to do yet those who profess their love of Jesus do not ask for the substance. Go ahead and pray to Jesus. He will only carry that prayer to our Father. You can go to our Father yourself. You will receive this Love if you ask. If you want to remain a mere image, what do you have to lose. What is so wrong with wanting more love. I just don't understand why so many say they love yet they do not wish to acquire more love themselves. Really sad if you think hard enough about it.
When you have the Holy Spirit within you ,that means that that the Lord dwells within you. You have come to Him because you want to be like Him,you are energized by the new spiritual birth and are convicted,it is real and you want to share the excitement with others as it changes your life in a most positive direction.

Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
When you have the Holy Spirit within you ,that means that that the Lord dwells within you. You have come to Him because you want to be like Him,you are energized by the new spiritual birth and are convicted,it is real and you want to share the excitement with others as it changes your life in a most positive direction.

Each person ever created or will be created has a part of God within them. When we pray for Divine Love, that part of God within us grows to become like the very substance that put it there. Maybe you have been asking all along and don't realize it. What you have described is Divine Love and the soul longings of one who wants to become like the Father. So instead of calling it Divine Love, you call it the Holy Spirit. I believe it really doesn't matter what you call it as long as you receive it.

Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
No one can become filled with the Holy Spirit. It's a term used by the churches to make people think they are being filled with Jesus. It's an instrument. People can become filled with Divine Love but not the Holy Spirit.
I was talking with a co-worker the other day. We got on the subject because solicitors for the bible came to our door. He said his church says people are filled with the spirit whereas it's actually the Divine Love we speak of. He said the feelings that I shared of Divine Love flowing into my soul was the same feelings they have when they are filled with the spirit. So it would depend on which religion you follow and what their definition is. The church that SoCal and I belong to know that it's God's instrument. Other churchs believe it's something that you are filled with. It's only up to us to ask God what is actually true. His truth, not ours. I do know that the Holy Spirit is God's instrument because when I first started the church, I asked and it was confirmed by the little tingles you get when you know something is right.
it's only up to you what truth you want to believe. No one can tell you. It's between you and God and what condition your soul is in.
I just wanted to clarify the statement that you made that we belong to the same church... that church is the one without walls and its foundation is God's Divine Love which is in our souls. Blessings.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
It's too bad that Christians have this intellectual belief in something that is so out-of-touch with reality. You consider "prayer" to be works. If that's works, then we need to work until the day is night, because it is our soul's condition that must be purified to receive salvation. Merely just saying, I believe in Jesus and that he died on the cross to save my sins... and all of a sudden I'm saved, is not going to cut it. I'm so sorry... a belief such as this doesn't do anything and is just empty words coming from the mind... not the soul.

Our Heavenly Father is soul and our souls must become at-one with Him in order to inhabit the Celestial Kingdom... in other words, we must be like Him with all the same attributes which are given to us when we receive His Divine Love. Saying "I believe in Jesus" does not bring about any divine love attributes.

From John the Apostle:
I never considered my prayer life to be a somekind of (WORK). I only consider it to be a conversation with Jesus. And when I do work for Him. It is not because I have to earn extra credit. I do such things, becuase I love Him. Jesus knows the difference. And He has already told us that (MANY) would worship Him with their lips, yet their hearts are far from Him. Christ knows who really loves Him. And that is because He can see into their hearts. And your right, there are a lot of people who call themselves Christians, yet when you see the way they live, it's hard to see the evidence of their Christianity. True belief in Jesus, brings about a changed heart.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:05 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I never considered my prayer life to be a somekind of (WORK). I only consider it to be a conversation with Jesus. And when I do work for Him. It is not because I have to earn extra credit. I do such things, becuase I love Him. Jesus knows the difference. And He has already told us that (MANY) would worship Him with their lips, yet their hearts are far from Him. Christ knows who really loves Him. And that is because He can see into their hearts. And your right, there are a lot of people who call themselves Christians, yet when you see the way they live, it's hard to see the evidence of their Christianity. True belief in Jesus, brings about a changed heart.
I know what you mean and now I don't even have to pray for God's Divine Love to come into my soul. I may hear a song on the radio and here it comes.

I love Jesus as much as you do, believe me. But what I don't do is depend on him and that's because I feel he needs to be with other people to show them the way to the Truths about our Heavenly Father, which is something he's been doing all his life on earth and since he became the most powerful, humble and loving spirit in the Celestial Heavens.

Because you are close to him and if you feel his presence, maybe you could ask him what this is all about. I believe I have told you before that you may already be receiving God's Divine Love, but you are calling it something else.

You already know what Jeremiah said about the new heart and I think it's already been posted on this thread... that's what it's all about... a new heart and soul filled with the most wonderful gift from our Heavenly Father... His Divine Love. Blessings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality