Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 01:37 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
When you were typing all that out did it not seem odd to you that a private interaction between an angel of God and a Virgin was intercepted by four earthly gossip columnists? Where is your doubt? Come on, I know its in there somewhere. It has to be. A rational adult that can havigate the intricacies of 21st Century human existence cannot fervently believe in The Bible the way a 12th Century peasant might. Don't misunderstand. I am not down on church. To me there is noting more awesome than a high Episcopal Mass in a large granite cathedral with pipe organ and choir, altar personell and clergy in all their vestments. Makes you want to be a better person. Fully half the people sitting in the pews now know The Bible to be a work of men and therefore allegory. The other half... sigh... they go around spouting quotes like the above and calling it The Living Word of God or suchlike. It's unbecoming of an advanced culture. Stop it. Please.

H
Jesus talking to the Pharisees said...

John 8:41-43 - "You are doing the deeds of your father." They said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. "Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.

Some people back then did not believe the virgin birth either.

Because I know the character of God and the Son, that They do not lie - I take the virgin birth by faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 01:40 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
The Trinity came about because the Holy Roman Emperor (Constantine?) needed a vehicle to unite the ever growing reach of his Kingdom. Fables and observations from the diverse cultures of Paganism, Judaism and Islamism were combined into a ... trinity that would serve as a universal (catholic) church. Boy did it ever.

H
I agree.

All it took was a bit of killing and book burning to start up the Orthodox Christian Church of Constantine.

Any resemblance to the start up of Nazi Germany or other dictatorships is only chance.

Regards
DL

Old 02-25-2010, 01:42 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,105,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Jesus talking to the Pharisees said...

John 8:41-43 - "You are doing the deeds of your father." They said to Him, "We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God." Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. "Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word.

Some people back then did not believe the virgin birth either.

Because I know the character of God and the Son, that They do not lie - I take the virgin birth by faith.
So did many others for many other Gods before Jesus.

Google virgin births to see the truth of my statement.

Regards
DL

Old 02-25-2010, 01:47 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,968,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Jesus never proclaimed to be God. It was later added to the NT to explain away the miracles that were performed. Of course, not all of the miracles are true. Jesus is now and will always be a son of God as we are sons/daughters of God.
If God ever left His place in the universe, we would all cease to exist. And besides, why would He need to come to only one of His planets when He has billions. God knows and sees all so He would have no need to come here disguised as Jesus.
Thomas of the New Testament called Jesus his Lord and his God. It appears, you don't agree with Thomas.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:51 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
So did many others for many other Gods before Jesus.

Google virgin births to see the truth of my statement.

Regards
DL
Very true.

Quote:
Virginity, perhaps on account of its rarity in those days among women of a marriageable age, had always a halo of sanctity cast over it by barbaric and semi-civilized tribes; and even in civilized Rome itself the Vestal Virgins were looked upon as peculiarly sacred.
Virgin Births in History

Old 02-25-2010, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Many, and l may say the most, of these professing Christians, have ideas of what this expression means in order to become effective, that are not in accord with the true meaning of this condition of the soul. They believe that all that is necessary is to believe on Jesus as their saviour by his sacrifice and death and that in so believing they have Christ in them, and that nothing else is required. They have no conception of the distinction between Jesus, the man, and Christ, the spirit of truth, or more correctly, the spirit that manifests the existence of the Divine Love in the soul. Christ is not a man in the sense that he is Jesus the son of the Father, but Christ is that part of Jesus, or rather quality that came to him after he fully received into his soul the Divine Love, and was transformed into the very Essence of the Father in His Love. Christ is thus, not a man but is the manifestation of this Love as bestowed upon Jesus, and made part of his very existence. And when men use the expression, having Christ in you, if they could correctly understand the true purport of the same, they would know that it, the expression, means only that the Divine Love of the Father is in their souls.

Have you prayed for and received Divine Love? If not, then you do not have Christ (the principal) in you.

The "scripture" that Jesus so taught is to Love God and each other. That is all that you need. Everything else is just extra.
No reason to receive Divine Love. It is not anything to receive.

Again, you reference Scripture - which never mentions anything about Divine Love. You should be referencing yourself since that's where the idea comes from.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
I will put this in the category of evolution and the big bang theory.

The virgin birth of Christ is taken by faith. And by the same faith, I believe there are no other virgin births that have occurred.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:41 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,674 times
Quote:

Again, you reference Scripture - which never mentions anything about Divine Love. You should be referencing yourself since that's where the idea comes from.
I have read your bible and found it to be wanting. Jesus teaches me through chamneled messages. Divine Love is most definately in your bible. Try reading some more of the OT and especially the book of John in the NT. Jesus taught about the soul and the spirit world. He taught nothing of the material world.
I can reference scripture because what is being taught to me are the corrections that Jesus wants the world to know about Hiim and His teachings that were lost because of greed. The greed of wanting to be in control by the churches. Jesus hates being worshipped and wants the world to know that there is only one God and He is not HIm. It is blasphemous to worship Jesus as God. You will find that out when you reach the spirit world where your life will continue once you leave this place, never to return.
I truly pity you as you live in the material world and find the material world your heaven. Jesus' kingdom is not of this world. He is Master of the Celestial Heavens and that is where all can reside when they find the Keys. The Key is Divine Love. When you reread your bible, think in terms of your soul and the spirit world where Jesus references the many mansions and His Fathers house. You will find I do not lie. The Kingdom of Heaven is a spiritual place and has nothing to do with this world.
Look within and you will find that God is there.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:59 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:

God IS LOVE! How is that NOT Divine Love???

Old 02-26-2010, 06:17 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
God IS LOVE! How is that NOT Divine Love???
Right on!

To posters who say Divine Love is not important... well, they are missing the boat and will be upstream without a paddle if they continue to think this way.

The difference between Divine Love and the natural love is a whole lotta love coming into our souls... with Divine Love, there is a solid foundation of love that grows and never dies... not so with the natural love while we are still among the living, which is not firm and can come into and out of our lives depending on our whims.

Jesus is the way because he was the first to receive Divine Love... and his message is that we can, too... so I am and it rocks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality