U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 AM

2,834 posts, read 4,026,991 times

Advertisements

When Jesus announced himself the first time there were those who doubted and they were suppose to be men of god, I see no difference in todays world. If Jesus appeared today most people professing religious beliefs would shun him and most likely petition for his destruction. For if he didn't return as they believe he will, then he must be a false prophet, right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 09:47 AM

3,334 posts, read 5,119,050 times
Of course, there are always those pesky little verses like Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, and Luke 21:32. Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

Old 02-27-2010, 12:41 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,909,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&FServant View Post
Interesting discussion topic... but the next time Jesus appears, there will not be any confusion as to who he is...for God's word states that he will appear in the clouds and EVERY eye will see him. For the Jews... they will look upon him and know that he is their LORD. From God's word:

Look! He (Jesus) comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him--even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen!

Daniel 7:13 "I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man (Jesus) was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days (GOD, the FATHER) And was presented before Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

As for Christians being judgmental... some are... some are not. Like with all humans, professing Christians have opinions, like everyone else. For me, I attempt to base my opinion or beliefs on what I know to be true... The Word of God (the bible). You may ask... why do I state "I know to be true". My belief is a gift from God... I only believe because God has allowed me or given me this belief. For others who mock the Word of God, God did not give this gift to...but... if you simply ask for this gift, God will give it to you...it's free. Take him up on his offer...what does anyone have to lose with this request. (Actually... you have a lot to lose without making this request...)
And if one asks and it is NOT given, then what?

Old 02-27-2010, 01:22 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,677,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Of course, there are always those pesky little verses like Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, and Luke 21:32. Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."

Of course, there are always Jesus own words spoken in sentences just before those pesky little verses that non believers often ignore. You know, when Jesus said we should lear the lesson from the fig tree. Non believers don't even have a clue what Jesus was talking about here, so they just ignore His comment, as if it were never spoken. Yet for those of us who have taken the time to consider Jesus own words. We know what He was talking about. Jesus was always referencing the Old Testament prophecies. Of course the average Joe would not understand this, because they don't consider the Old Testament prophecies. Even during Christ death on the cross, when Jesus said. "My Lord My Lord why hast thou forsaken me", few understood, that in Jesus last breath, He was reciting an Old Testament prophecy found in Psalm 22 that speaks of His death.

Now when Jesus stated in Matthew 24 verse 32 threw 34. LEARN THE LESSON FROM THE FIG TREE: AS SOON AS IT'S TWIGS GET TENDER AND IT'S LEAVES COME OUT, YOU KNOW THAT SUMMER IS NEAR. 33. EVEN SO WHEN YOU SEE ALL THESE THINGS YOU KNOW IT IS NEAR, RIGHT AT THE DOOR .34. I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

Hear again, THE MENTION OF THE FIG TREE was a reference to the Old Testament prophecy of Israels return to their land IN THE LAST DAYS. You see in the Book of Ezekiel chapter 36 to 39 the Bible tells us that in the Last Days God will return the Jewish people to the land of Israel. And Jesus knew that before He could return, the Jewish people would first have to be driven from their land as He predicted shortly before He died. That prediction was fulfilled in 70 A.D. Yet Jesus referenced the prophecy in Ezekiel 36:8 that speaks of their final return. But you, O mountians of Israel, (WILL PRODUCE BRANCHES AND FRUIT FOR MY PEOPLE ISRAEL, FOR THEY WILL SOON COME HOME).

Jesus Himself speaks of Israel as a Fig Tree, and He is telling you, when you see the Fig Tree (ISRAEL) and it's leave come out, you know that summer is near. And you can see where Christ describes Israel as the fig tree in the link below.
Israel And The Fig Tree

Non believers will simply ignore the prophecies and the references to them. And that is why they will continue to suggest that Jesus failed to return back then. Yet the prophecies of the Old Testament show us, that the Jewish people would first have to experience a world wide exile, which occured in 70 A.D., and then they would have to return from this worldwide exile, before Christ could return. A worldwide exile and a return from that exile, and the rebuilding of an entire nation does not happen overnight. The Old Testament tell us, that this would all happen in the (LAST DAYS). It took thousands of years before all these prophecies could be fulfilled. According to Jesus, the generation that sees the rebirth of Israel will not pass away, until all these things be fulfilled. Jesus knew the Bible, and that is why He speaks of Israel as the fig tree. And Jesus also knew, that only the believers in His WORD, would understand this.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:31 PM

31,385 posts, read 31,070,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
It seems like it would be a difficult thing for people to accept someone that says they are Jesus nowadays.
Mental hospitals are full of them, hey one might actually be. But one thing that I know for sure, Jesus better not show up at any church talking about helping the poor, giving away your wealth or despairing the rich without some serious fire works and a celestial choir singing backup vocals.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:09 PM

3,334 posts, read 5,119,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Of course, there are always Jesus own words spoken in sentences just before those pesky little verses that non believers often ignore. ....snipped for brevity's sake.
Ya know Tom, I've heard that explanation before. I used to be a Christian, read Lindsey's books and all that as well. But that isn't the only verse that is problematic when dealing with an imminent or future Second Coming. There's also ones like like:

Matthew 10:23 - 'verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.'

This also shows an imminent return within the context of the passage.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:13 PM

5,165 posts, read 8,082,749 times
Dead people don't come back to life.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:33 PM

13,624 posts, read 10,703,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Dead people don't come back to life.
lool

if there is some person here on earth claiming to be jesus christ and want's me to believe he's the messiah.. must part a bowl of soup to proove he's the real one

Old 02-27-2010, 06:06 PM

30,038 posts, read 30,688,375 times
He's back! Preemptive Karma: Jesus Has Returned! (http://www.preemptivekarma.com/archives/2006/05/jesus_has_retur.html - broken link)

Old 02-27-2010, 06:57 PM

5,591 posts, read 5,519,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&FServant View Post
NC~Mom... see my post, he will return the same way he left...he will decend from the clouds and every eye will see him. He will have his "Holy Ones" with him.
Is he going to take a couple of laps around the earth so every eye can see him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality