Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 09:58 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
MOONSUN
you say jesus will land in Damasus.Do you know when the Christians {usa and Israel ]will attack syria?
Since when has Israel been 'Christian'? Did I miss something??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 PM

880 posts, read 2,024,212 times
RAF
you don't have to be a christian. Israel has attacked any arab country it wants to with or without the USA blessing.Seems to me they attacked Syria last year USA said its ok.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:25 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times
Red face The repulsion idea.

Quote:
RAF
you don't have to be a christian. Israel has attacked any arab country it wants to with or without the USA blessing.Seems to me they attacked Syria last year USA said its ok.

Israel is the repulsion of any solution to comparative religion. Why? Why not say that the Koran precedes the Bible. The Bible would then be the rude resistance for treating Semites as second class.

Old 03-12-2010, 01:32 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&FServant View Post
Interesting discussion topic... but the next time Jesus appears, there will not be any confusion as to who he is...for God's word states that he will appear in the clouds and EVERY eye will see him. For the Jews... they will look upon him and know that he is their LORD. From God's word:

Look! He (Jesus) comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him--even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen!

Daniel 7:13 "I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man (Jesus) was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days (GOD, the FATHER) And was presented before Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

As for Christians being judgmental... some are... some are not. Like with all humans, professing Christians have opinions, like everyone else. For me, I attempt to base my opinion or beliefs on what I know to be true... The Word of God (the bible). You may ask... why do I state "I know to be true". My belief is a gift from God... I only believe because God has allowed me or given me this belief. For others who mock the Word of God, God did not give this gift to...but... if you simply ask for this gift, God will give it to you...it's free. Take him up on his offer...what does anyone have to lose with this request. (Actually... you have a lot to lose without making this request...)
God's word also says that many will come saying "I am he (the christ)." Don't be deceived warnings all over the NT. What do you make of that?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:38 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Of course, there are always those pesky little verses like Matthew 24:34, Mark 13:30, and Luke 21:32. Jesus said, "Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place."
Yeah.. what to do about those?

Old 03-12-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
RAF
Yes, Israel is no better than the Europeans that took the lands of native Americans. Their treatment of the Palestinians is appalling.....but that's 'off-topic' I suppose.

I asked...'since when has Israel been Christian' because you seemed to imply that it was. No matter!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Yeah.. what to do about those?
Oh that's easy! You just claim that the scripture doesn't mean what it says, that it can only be understood if you possess the mystical knowledge and secret codes required to 'interpret' the scripture or claim that the scripture can't be understood because Satan is blinding you to what it does actually say. Failing that.....just ignore the scripture.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:51 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
Sounds more like the aliens coming in their big silver flying saucers, if you ask me.

What makes you all think there is going to be a big dramatic end to the world. Maybe we will all just be sucked into a black hole of CERN making and then it would all be gone in a few seconds - POOOOF. No drama, no need. Oh well, you'll soon find out as early as in 2012 perhaps.

It sounds greatly like there are going to many people laughing that they are the ones 'saved' and the poor folk who left it too late are going to be left out of the party - if there is one, of course. Well, rest assured that I wont be there at the party unless I am dragged screaming and struggling.

Old 01-22-2011, 01:01 PM

6 posts, read 4,274 times
Jesus (as: peace be upon him) died many years ago but not on the cross as some would believe but he was helped down from it by his followers and he then later travelled East to find the lost tribes of Israel and maybe died a good old age....his tom is in Kasmir. He was a prophet of God but not his son. God referred to Moses as: peace be upon him as his son and Moses (as) referred to God as his father it is just a coin of phrase. When a human being .... and all prophets were human...dies then there is no return. Some Muslim sects believe Jesus (as) to return or the Promised Messiah but I do not this to be believeable. I find that The Holy Prophet (saw: peace and blessings of God be upon him) was the seal of all prophethood and that is that. There will probably be countless revivers or reformers for the good of mankind but no human returns from death.

Last edited by adeelakhan; 01-22-2011 at 01:03 PM.. Reason: respect

Old 01-22-2011, 02:17 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
Rafius: I never received my secret decoder ring, so I can't rationalize what appear to be falsehoods, since "this generation" passed over 1900 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality