U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 07:52 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,453,918 times

Advertisements

It seems like it would be a difficult thing for people to accept someone that says they are Jesus nowadays. There is always skepticism that the person is just out for publicity or to create a sect or something like that. What would make you accept a person claiming to be Jesus? Would they have to perform a supernatural act, a miracle? Would the person have to have a beard and be dressed like a shepherd of old? What if he said that he would not perform any miracles just because people are demanding proof of him and instead must simply believe and have faith in him? And lastly, would the location where he appeared matter... a major city, a small town, in the countryside?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 08:01 AM

1,917 posts, read 4,234,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
It seems like it would be a difficult thing for people to accept someone that says they are Jesus nowadays. There is always skepticism that the person is just out for publicity or to create a sect or something like that. What would make you accept a person claiming to be Jesus? Would they have to perform a supernatural act, a miracle? Would the person have to have a beard and be dressed like a shepherd of old? What if he said that he would not perform any miracles just because people are demanding proof of him and instead must simply believe and have faith in him? And lastly, would the location where he appeared matter... a major city, a small town, in the countryside?
I have often thought about this....and how judgemental many Christians are.
If Jesus appeared with tattoos and piercings, they would totally turn their backs on him. lol. I think that would be the ultimate test for someone's true Christianity....if they would accept him in spite of his appearance.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:37 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,372,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
I would be very skeptic since Jesus is not returning in this manner.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,453,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Noland, you reminded me of a fellow I saw on tv awhile back that said when asked this question that Jesus would be descending from heaven with angels flying around him, and that there would be no mistaking him as he descended slowly to Earth.

Last edited by nezlie; 02-27-2010 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: should be descended vs. ascended

Old 02-27-2010, 08:48 AM

24 posts, read 29,272 times
Interesting discussion topic... but the next time Jesus appears, there will not be any confusion as to who he is...for God's word states that he will appear in the clouds and EVERY eye will see him. For the Jews... they will look upon him and know that he is their LORD. From God's word:

Look! He (Jesus) comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him--even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen!

Daniel 7:13 "I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man (Jesus) was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days (GOD, the FATHER) And was presented before Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

As for Christians being judgmental... some are... some are not. Like with all humans, professing Christians have opinions, like everyone else. For me, I attempt to base my opinion or beliefs on what I know to be true... The Word of God (the bible). You may ask... why do I state "I know to be true". My belief is a gift from God... I only believe because God has allowed me or given me this belief. For others who mock the Word of God, God did not give this gift to...but... if you simply ask for this gift, God will give it to you...it's free. Take him up on his offer...what does anyone have to lose with this request. (Actually... you have a lot to lose without making this request...)

Last edited by G&FServant; 02-27-2010 at 09:53 AM..

Old 02-27-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
Not being a fan of the Bible...exactly HOW is he returning?

Old 02-27-2010, 08:59 AM

24 posts, read 29,272 times
NC~Mom... see my post, he will return the same way he left...he will decend from the clouds and every eye will see him. He will have his "Holy Ones" with him.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:01 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,686,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
Not being a fan of the Bible...exactly HOW is he returning?

Matthew 24:23 "Then if anyone says to you, "Look, here is Christ!" or "There do not believe it.

24. For false Christ and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

25. See, I have told you beforehand.

29. "Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.

30. Then the sign of the Son of man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:07 AM

I really hope I'm still around to see all that.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:42 AM

3,772 posts, read 9,372,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G&FServant View Post
Interesting discussion topic... but the next time Jesus appears, there will not be any confusion as to who he is...for God's word states that he will appear in the clouds and EVERY eye will see him. For the Jews... they will look upon him and know that he is their LORD. From God's word:

Look! He (Jesus) comes with the clouds of heaven. And everyone will see him--even those who pierced him. And all the nations of the world will mourn for him. Yes! Amen!

Daniel 7:13 "I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man (Jesus) was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days (GOD, the FATHER) And was presented before Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

Zechariah 12:10 "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

As for Christians being judgmental... some are... some are not. Like with all humans, professing Christians have opinions, like everyone else. For me, I attempt to base my opinion or beliefs on what I know to be true... The Word of God (the bible). You may ask... why do I state "I know to be true". My belief is a gift from God... I only believe because God has allowed me or given me this belief. For others who mock the Word of God, God did not give this gift to...but... if you simply ask for this gift, God will give it to you...it's free. Take him up on his offer...what does anyone have to lose with this request.
Great post!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality