U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2017, 12:53 PM
 
4,066 posts, read 1,456,998 times
Reputation: 272

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
You honestly do NOT want to start this argument with me. Trust me.

Let's just say that your whole "Bible" is full of bad translations, errors, omissions, textual differences etc.

Here is what I don't understand about Saklas worshipers like you: you put so much faith in God, which you can't test, fair enough, but also so much faith in A BOOK. Unlike God, one can easily look into the history of the Bible and how it came to be. And there are real historians who look into this called "Biblical scholars", and many of them just do the research with no pre-determined bias.

Almost to a number, they say the Bible is not what you think it is.

For starters...which Bible? And no, I don't mean "King James vs New Living Translation" nonsense, I mean really, which Bible? The Book of Enoch, for example, is canon in the Ethiopian church, but not other churches. This despite the fact that it quoted as scripture in the Epistle of Jude (Jude 1:14-15) So is Enoch a part of the Bible that needs to be added, or does the Epistle of Jude have to be exacto-knifed out of the Bible?

Just look into it for yourself. Read up on a fellow named Bart Ehrman. I mean, if the Bible is the absolute truth, than what could it hurt looking into where that truth came from? If you are so sure what the outcome will be, why not just spend sometime looking into this, without the guidance of the Elders?




Your lack of understanding is as follows----- Those who earnestly seek God in faith---Know 100% he is there and his word is truth. Because he reveals himself to those.
I know the NWT is correct. I am confident you don't have a clue. I can show the trinity errors if you would like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-12-2017, 12:56 PM
 
4,066 posts, read 1,456,998 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
A lot of truth here. Christendom has missed the boat as far as understanding what God's Word actually says, so they just rely on tradition not scriptures.

I think if you went back 60 years or so the religions of Christendom would be muttering the same sayings as they do now, no alteration, no new information, nothing, Just put your money in the plate, and see ya' next week, or at the fete, or at the easter egg hunt, or at the gift giving to the pastor.

If the Jws are a cult, meet a very happy cultist, but of course, those that say the Jws are a cult have no knowledge of the organization what so ever and just spend time nattering nasties at something they do not understand.

Let me tell you this: There is no government, not organization,no business, no other group, religious or otherwise, that are as organized as the JWs. throughout the world.





Yes, it is very sad that the darkness has taken so many. They think they can disprove the JW bible, yet do not even know what their own bible teaches. They surely do not know what Jesus taught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2017, 01:04 PM
 
4,066 posts, read 1,456,998 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
So God knew to move the men at the council of Hippo to pick the right books out of the countless gospels floating around? So God knew that his message had to be different to the Horn of Africa than from Europe, so he made sure to keep the book of Enoch out of Western canon? Did he move through Martin Luther and convince him not to remove the Book of Revelation, which he considered barely Christian and came very close to deeming apocryphal? Where the Christians of old not Christians when most of them were reading the Epistle of Barnabas, which later fell out of canon?

And the Synod of Hippo happened in 393...so, for almost four hundred years, did all Christians go to hell? There was no "Bible" as you know it today before that date.


I can understand faith in God without evidence, but not faith in the book. The history of the book has left a LITERAL paper-trail.

Why not look into the Bible's history for yourself instead of blindly saying "It's from God!" and dismissing the fact that it wasn't even a single book for centuries, and the people who edited it and compiled it were just men with agendas, and not God.




You are right--the trinity scholars and teachers should look into the reality of the bible--they cannot afford to --truth exposes them. The teachings of Jesus expose them.


Here is an undeniable fact of history--- every trinity scholar on earth knows it is 100% fact--- From Moses on up until this very day--in every synagogue and temple ever built by Israelite religion--- taught, served, and worshipped a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah)--- the God Jesus was taught, served and worshipped his first 30 years attending those places.
So since Gods word is clear--God does not change--how did he become a trinity all of a sudden?-- answer--At the councils of Catholicism a trinity was created--it was not taught in the first council---that means those did not serve God as a trinity--it was added later. The new Catholic encyclopedia assures that is truth--it wasn't until near the end of the 4th century when the trinity was assimilated into the life of a Christian( false Christian)--It was this that arose-2Thess 2:3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2017, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Australia
481 posts, read 166,370 times
Reputation: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The arrogant assurance that you have God's word in some book compiled by men is absolutely ridiculous. That you have the hubris to pretend that any challenge to that book is a challenge to God is preposterous. It reveals that your God is really a book and that is idolatry.
And where do you get your hubris for that comment?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2017, 06:59 PM
 
6,343 posts, read 8,489,769 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You are right--the trinity scholars and teachers should look into the reality of the bible--they cannot afford to --truth exposes them. The teachings of Jesus expose them.


Here is an undeniable fact of history--- every trinity scholar on earth knows it is 100% fact--- From Moses on up until this very day--in every synagogue and temple ever built by Israelite religion--- taught, served, and worshipped a single being God named YHWH(Jehovah)--- the God Jesus was taught, served and worshipped his first 30 years attending those places.
So since Gods word is clear--God does not change--how did he become a trinity all of a sudden?--
answer--At the councils of Catholicism a trinity was created--it was not taught in the first council---that means those did not serve God as a trinity--it was added later. The new Catholic encyclopedia assures that is truth--it wasn't until near the end of the 4th century when the trinity was assimilated into the life of a Christian( false Christian)--It was this that arose-2Thess 2:3



Yes, AND YOUR POINT!? And guess what? Those same "Catholics" (actually scholars like to say "proto-orthodox") DECIDED WHAT DID AND DID NOT GO IN THE BIBLE! Have you ever thought of that?

Is the trinity a mostly pagan idea? YES
Are Christmas and Easter pagan holidays? YES
but also, IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A SINGLE "BIBLE"? YES

What is your point? You reject one view created by the Proto-orthodox, but gleefully accept another. Why reject their theology, by happily accept their cannon?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2017, 07:03 PM
 
6,343 posts, read 8,489,769 times
Reputation: 3440
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Your lack of understanding is as follows----- Those who earnestly seek God in faith---Know 100% he is there and his word is truth. Because he reveals himself to those.
I know the NWT is correct. I am confident you don't have a clue. I can show the trinity errors if you would like.
Ah, yes, the Trinity, purgatory, etc are mostly non-Biblical. YOUR POINT?!

And know what else isn't Biblical? That story of Jesus and the adulteress:

The Story of the Adulteress


Your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-12-2017, 11:36 PM
 
37,531 posts, read 25,255,858 times
Reputation: 5857
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The arrogant assurance that you have God's word in some book compiled by men is absolutely ridiculous. That you have the hubris to pretend that any challenge to that book is a challenge to God is preposterous. It reveals that your God is really a book and that is idolatry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post
And where do you get your hubris for that comment?
The fact in bold speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2017, 12:37 PM
 
4,066 posts, read 1,456,998 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post


Yes, AND YOUR POINT!? And guess what? Those same "Catholics" (actually scholars like to say "proto-orthodox") DECIDED WHAT DID AND DID NOT GO IN THE BIBLE! Have you ever thought of that?

Is the trinity a mostly pagan idea? YES
Are Christmas and Easter pagan holidays? YES
but also, IS THERE NO SUCH THING AS A SINGLE "BIBLE"? YES

What is your point? You reject one view created by the Proto-orthodox, but gleefully accept another. Why reject their theology, by happily accept their cannon?



Anyone who knows God, knows God put his bible together. Men may claim to do what God has done, but they are in error--Fact--Catholicism has about 9 more books that do not belong--so the credit they deserve is for their error.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-13-2017, 12:41 PM
 
4,066 posts, read 1,456,998 times
Reputation: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
Ah, yes, the Trinity, purgatory, etc are mostly non-Biblical. YOUR POINT?!

And know what else isn't Biblical? That story of Jesus and the adulteress:

The Story of the Adulteress


Your point?



The older texts concerning the adulteress passages--Were all different. They did not concur. John 7:53-8:11 is omitted in my bible, but put in underneath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-29-2017, 08:17 AM
 
Location: Toronto, Canada
1,425 posts, read 1,144,752 times
Reputation: 598
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru3GbBB_pIs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top