U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 01:37 PM

4,077 posts, read 1,461,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderchild View Post
Sadly, you have your portion with the liars and 'con'venient speakers!

In the year 200 there was no letter 'j' and no english alphabet as known today!

And in 200 The Messiah was known as Immanuel "The Name above all names"!

And you most certainly know the destination of all who "love and believe the lies" that are of this evil world and/or religion's way in this day and age!

And especially those who propagate such lies!

Simply, TRUTH IS! both The Messiah and Joshua(in modern english) of the old covenant were given the same Hebrew birth name!

And unless you heed The Call to "come out from among them and be separate" you are damned, for you "love and believe the lies" that are of this evil world and religion's way in this day and age!

You discuss lies--then try to say Jesus was named Immanuel, how many x in the NT do you see that name?= 0 --so where does your proof of that statement come from that you know its truth?
The JW founder exposed the lie about a trinity God that doesn't even exist--he helped many just by that, and is still helping some today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 01:40 PM

4,077 posts, read 1,461,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
your cult whose founder was a seventh day adventist has done more to destroy lives and families. it is proven that the JW worship a different Jesus they worship an angel

A Jw Doesn't worship Jesus one iota--We worship YHWH(Jehovah) only--We bow in obeisance to our king Jesus, but never worship him. No created being gets worship. The bible teaches---God always was and always will be= 0 parents---Jesus has a Father( God) and a mother( Mary)

Old 02-06-2017, 02:15 PM

1,808 posts, read 1,522,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Link please
Based on the information already presented, I'm relatively certain that it's the stone reported on in this article:

1,800-year-old stone tablet names Roman ruler of Judea for the first time | Daily Mail Online

If this is the correct 'stone', I'd be interested to hear more, as the only thing that has been reliably verified is that it describes the ruler of Judea during the Bar Kochba revolt, shortly before Judea ceased to exist as a province by that name.

None of which, of course, conclusively proves that Jesus existed; I'd still like to learn more, though, 'cause history really interests me.

Old 02-06-2017, 03:01 PM

136 posts, read 45,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You discuss lies--then try to say Jesus was named Immanuel, how many x in the NT do you see that name?= 0 --so where does your proof of that statement come from that you know its truth?
The JW founder exposed the lie about a trinity God that doesn't even exist--he helped many just by that, and is still helping some today.
Sadly, your god is naught but the biased and perverted colored marks written on a dead tree and bound in fabrication!

My testimony emanates from The Living WORD of TRUTH!

And that which IS of The TRUTH can not be crucified, for that which is of The TRUTH will always Rise Again!

And TRUTH IS your 'jesus' is the son of the devil in bland disguise, an "imag"ined latin catholic name that makes mankind wonder and less the wise, for the wisdom of this world and religion's way is foolishness unto The GOD and FATHER of The Messiah and His brethren!

Thankfully The Faithful ARE Family, The Family of Our FATHER and GOD! So it is we have no need of a building, a church, a temple or the blackness of darkness that is a "kingdom hall"!

For The Kingdom of Our FATHER and GOD IS SPIRIT and TRUTH, not wood and/or stone!

Simply sad for you and all the braindirtyed worldly and/or religious souls whose version of a god is naught but the biased and perverted marks written on a dead tree and bound in fabrication!

Old 02-06-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:

The following is for all who yet believe in the "imag"ined catholic latin name of 'jesus' which was derived from the catholic latin name 'iesus', which was derived from the pagan greek Ιησούς.

And Ιησούς was the pagan greek word used for The Messiah's GOD given birth name in "the Original manuscripts" prior to their being bastardized by catholicism and then her harlot christian daughters.

And TRUTH IS! Ιησούς was also the greek word used for the name of Joshua in the greek translation of the old covenant from Hebrew manuscripts. That translation was called "the greek septuagint" and such was translated hundreds of years prior to the birth of The Messiah "in the likeness of sinful flesh!

Quite obvious that both Joshua of the old covenant and The Messiah of The NEW Covenant were given the same Hebrew birth name!

And the original KJV version of what this world and/or religion's way call their 'bible' proves such beyond a doubt!

Hundreds of times in the New Testament the Greek name "Ιησούς" is translated as ‘jesus’. But if you have ever read an older King James Bible you might have noticed something odd in Acts 7:45. In his speech to the Jewish council, Stephen refers to the man who led Israel into the earthly Promised Land as "jesus", not Joshua! Why? Is this an error?

Well, yes and no, since the Greek name in verse 45 is "Ιησούς", the same word translated as 'jesus' almost everywhere else. Stephen could not possibly have been referring to anyone else but Joshua who led the Israelis into the earthly Promised Land.

And immediately afterwards, in verse 59, Stephen cried out when being stoned, "Master jesus, receive my spirit!" Again the name is "Ιησούς" in the Greek. Was Stephen crying out to the historical figure Joshua, long dead, to save him, or was he calling upon the Son of GOD, since both names in the Greek manuscripts are "Ιησούς"?

So who does the Greek "Ιησούς" represent, 'jesus' or "Joshua"? Was Stephen, a man so righteous that Heaven opened up at his martyrdom! Was Stephen so overcome by the stress of the moment that he couldn’t tell a long dead forefather from The Messiah, Whom he saw standing at the right hand of GOD!

The pagan latin 'jesus' -OR- The Hebrew "Joshua"?

Modern translations of the Scriptures, and even recent revisions of the King James version, have noticed this contradiction and changed the name in Acts 7:45 to Joshua so that it makes sense, yet the same contradiction is found in Hebrews 4:8 as well! But where did these translators get their authority to change the Scriptures?

Is it through integrity and honesty that "Iesous" is translated as 'jesus', except when it obviously has to mean "Joshua"?

Or are the traditions of men so strong that translators can take liberties with "The Word of TRUTH"?
(James 1:18)

At least the translators of the original King James Version were consistent enough to translate "Iesous" as jesus in Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8, and also Colossians 4:11, even when it made no sense.

So if the newer translations changed jesus to Joshua in Acts 7:45, Hebrews 4:8, and Colossians 4:11, why didn't they also change jesus to Joshua in all the other Scriptures where they found the pagan greek name "Ιησούς"?

In Acts 7:45 and Hebrews 4:8, the name Ιησούς obviously refers to Joshua of the old covenant, and could not refer to anyone else. Shouldn't the pagan greek name "Ιησούς" be translated as Joshua everywhere it is found? In the pagan greek version of the old testament (called the greek septuagint), which was translated prior The Messiah being born ("in the likeness of sinful flesh"), "Ιησούς" was always used to reference Joshua of the old covenant!

Quite evident that the The Name (which in pagan greek is "Ιησούς") of The Messiah, in modern day english, should be Joshua, for obviously Joshua of the old covenant and The Messiah of The NEW were both given the same Hebrew birth name!

Now if it would be tampering with the Scriptures to rightfully change The Messiah's translated name of 'jesus' back to Joshua, would it not also have been tampering with the Scriptures when they changed 'jesus' back to Joshua in Acts 7, Hebrews 4, and Colossians 4? All three refer to the same greek word, "Ιησούς"!

We need to know GOD’s Will about these things, because it doesn't make sense that the translators would change the Scriptures in one place and not the other. Not wishing to disturb tradition, do they hang on to the name of 'jesus' for the sake of selling bibles, or could it be because the pagan latin catholic name for The Messiah is 'iesus'? And the transliteration of that pagan latin word 'iesus' into modern day english is 'jesus'......

Using a pagan latin word when translating from a pagan greek manuscript!

Such breeds "confusion and every evil work" indeed and TRUTH!

And most certainly reveals the perverse catholic and christian "trinity" to be but an "imag"ined three headed pagan god!

Those whose "eyes of understanding has been opened" have REALized that The Messiah's GOD given birth Name in today's english language would be Joshua, in SPIRIT and TRUTH....... (Ephesians 1:18)

Thankfully "The Name above ALL names" IS "Immanuel" for TRUTH IS! The SPIRIT that IS Our FATHER and GOD was IN The Messiah after He was immersed in the river Jordan by John The Baptist!

HalleluYAH!

Old 02-06-2017, 05:25 PM

Quote:
You discuss lies--then try to say Jesus was named Immanuel, how many x in the NT do you see that name?= 0 --so where does your proof of that statement come from that you know its truth?.
Once again you reveal your ignorance of the scriptures.

Isaiah 7:14 "Therefore The LORD HIMSELF shall give you a sign! Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and HIS Name shall be called Immanuel"!

Matthew 1:23 "Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His Name Immanuel, which being interpreted is, GOD with us!"

Not that The Messiah was "god", but TRUTH IS! "GOD was IN The Messiah seeking to reconcile the world unto HIMSELF(GOD)"! (II Corinthians 5:19)

The Messiah was and IS "The Only Begotten Son of Our FATHER and GOD(YES! even of those souls who yet continue to deny and defy HIM)"! (John 3:16)

Simply sad for you and all who are bound in the chains of "strong delusion" that are of this evil world and/or religions way(except it be The Active Faith as revealed in James 1:27)....... (II Thessalonians 2:10-13)

Yet while breath(Spirit, air) is, Hope IS!

For TRUTH IS! and Miracles do happen.......

HalleluYAH!

Last edited by mensaguy; 02-07-2017 at 06:17 AM.. Reason: DO NOT use red text. That is reserved for moderator actions.

Old 02-06-2017, 05:50 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,146,119 times
Quote:
A Jw Doesn't worship Jesus one iota--We worship YHWH(Jehovah) only--We bow in obeisance to our king Jesus, but never worship him. No created being gets worship. The bible teaches---God always was and always will be= 0 parents---Jesus has a Father( God) and a mother( Mary)

John 20:28-29, "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:9

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works." ( John 14:10)

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], My Lord and my God. John 20:28

...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Old 02-06-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
John 20:28-29, "Thomas answered and said to Him, "My Lord and my God!" 29 Jesus said to him, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed."

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? John 14:9

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority; but the Father who dwells in me does his works." ( John 14:10)

And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was. John 17:5

And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], My Lord and my God. John 20:28

...lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:4

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

1 John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that [spirit] of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.
Another trinitarian deception and perversion of The TRUTH that speaks, "GOD(HE WHO IS SPIRIT) was IN The Messiah seeking to reconcile the world unto HIMSELF(GOD)"! (II Corinthians 5:19)

Not that "GOD" was The Messiah!

And The SPIRIT that IS Our FATHER and GOD IS also IN those "Born Again" of HIS Holy, Set Apart, SPIRIT children in this day and age as well!

TRUTH IS! Thomas REALized that The SPIRIT that IS Our FATHER and "GOD WAS IN The Messiah"!

Yet as it was in the days when The Messiah walked the face of the earth, so it is that today the worldly and/or religious souls evermore seek to kill that which IS of The TRUTH!

Yet Thankfully! That which IS of The TRUTH that IS Our FATHER and GOD(Yes! father and god even of those souls who continue to deny and defy HIM) WILL ALWAYS RISE AGAIN!

HalleluYAH!

Old 02-07-2017, 12:59 AM

13,914 posts, read 9,672,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Based on the information already presented, I'm relatively certain that it's the stone reported on in this article:

1,800-year-old stone tablet names Roman ruler of Judea for the first time | Daily Mail Online

If this is the correct 'stone', I'd be interested to hear more, as the only thing that has been reliably verified is that it describes the ruler of Judea during the Bar Kochba revolt, shortly before Judea ceased to exist as a province by that name.

None of which, of course, conclusively proves that Jesus existed; I'd still like to learn more, though, 'cause history really interests me.
So as we expected...it's actually sod-all to do with any 'Jesus'.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:01 AM

13,914 posts, read 9,672,130 times
Quote:
Jesus was 100% real. They found a huge stone with writing in 2013, 15 miles off Israels coast--its all about Jesus, they are deciphering what they can.
No. Having seen the link it absolutely NOTHING to do with your 'Jesus'. Perhaps you could explain how you think "it's all about Jesus". If we have the right stone, it's about Judea and the governor thereof...Gargilius Antiquus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality