U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2010, 04:16 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,318,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
And yet, how is it that the God of the Old Testament tells us that He made all things, (ALONE AND BY HIMSELF). Yet we see in the New Testament, (THAT JESUS CHRIST MADE ALL THINGS). What do your scholars say about that? LOL
There is one God. Jesus the Christ is God, The Father is God, The Spirit is God.

Very easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2010, 04:43 PM

7,654 posts, read 9,689,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibata View Post
There is one God. Jesus the Christ is God, The Father is God, The Spirit is God.

Very easy.
There are three beings that equal ONE God. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. And these three together = ONE GOD. I think we are on the same page here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 03-06-2010, 05:36 PM

Quote:
There are three beings that equal ONE
3 = 1 is impossible.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:41 PM

21,299 posts, read 20,965,943 times
Quote:
So is it justified to teach as fact what is uncertain?
When it comes to the insertion or omission of the definite or indefinite articles, you tell me what other option there is.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
You can go back all the way to the Old Testament and see that God is more than one. In the first book of the Bible God states. Let (US) make man in (OUR) image and in (OUR) likness.
So what? Jews accept the Old Testament. Does that make Judaism trinitarian? Hardly. Believe me, it's quite easy to believe everything that the Bible has to say about God without believing in the Trinity.

Quote:
Who was God speaking to here?
I believe that God was speaking to His Son, the premortal Jesus Christ, "the Word." My point is that Jehovah's Witnesses reject a fourth and fifth century creeds. Your point seems to be that they reject what the Bible says. So far, you haven't proven this to be the case.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When it comes to the insertion or omission of the definite or indefinite articles, you tell me what other option there is.
Not teaching. Keeping quiet.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Not teaching. Keeping quiet.
Gotcha. So no Bible at all.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Gotcha. So no Bible at all.
Christianity does not agree about the text. So it is just the JWs you wound up in one post.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:23 PM

23 posts, read 38,109 times
When I go on a trip to visit someone over the weekend, either for business or pleasure, and they go to church, I like to go with them. Not only does it expand my experience, but it creates common ground between us. I have been to JW services more than once. They're interesting. I have also been to different versions of Catholic services, Protestant, Baptist, Mormon, Seventh Day Adventist, and Episcopalian services. I have learned a lot, and really it has never been a bad experience. I haven't seen Jewish services or Islamic services yet. Heh. Maybe I should look into them.

Part of a Jehova's Witness's belief is that they are supposed to Witness Jehova. That means they find people who aren't members yet and tell them about Jehova. The goal of Witnessing is to bring to other people the happiness that they feel. Getting you to come to their services is one of the waypoints in your conversion. That being said, they're not going to brainwash you or force you to do anything. And it probably won't ruin your relationship with your cousins if you don't convert. And you'll most likely learn something there, and gain some more insight into why your cousins are like they are. You might even have a good time if you relax a little bit and enjoy it.

My impression of JW doctrine is that they like to be able to answer all questions by the Bible. A lot of it they take quite literally. They do have their special version of the Bible, but if you bring your own version you can use it. They do seem to have a bit of a preoccupation with being right. Their way is the way it is and they can show you where it says that in the Bible. There is a lot of logic involved, and they see a lot of things in black and white that seem more complicated to me.

They have some unusual beliefs which give rise to some strange habits or practices. They don't believe in blood transfusions, and they don't believe in violence, even to save your own life or your family members' lives. Ask your cousins about some others.

Old 03-07-2010, 06:59 AM

7,654 posts, read 9,689,355 times
Quote:
3 = 1 is impossible.

Have you not heard? There is nothing impossible for God.

1 John 5:7
For there are (THREE) that bear record in Heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; (AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality