U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2017, 10:26 PM

207 posts, read 62,054 times

Advertisements

JW is clearly a cult and clearly at odds with the Bible. Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-19-2017 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: This thread is about JWs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2017, 10:44 PM

5,329 posts, read 1,715,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaigonPaisa View Post
JW is clearly a cult and clearly at odds with the Bible. Same as Moderator cut: deleted
How do you know that?

Last edited by mensaguy; 03-19-2017 at 06:09 AM.. Reason: Quoted post edited

Old 03-18-2017, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How do you know that?
You get a Bible then you get those cult books, writings and teachings and compare the two.

Old 03-18-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
You get a Bible then you get those cult books, writings and teachings and compare the two.
Did you do that?

Old 03-18-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Did you do that?
Si claro

Old 03-18-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Si claro
Then you don't know so much as have heard. I was raised in the JWs. Your viewpoints are remarkably alike right down to Pascal's wager.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Then you don't know so much as have heard. I was raised in the JWs. Your viewpoints are remarkably alike right down to Pascal's wager.
You saying the JW doctrine doesn't conflict with the Bible?

You also saying Pascal wager is invalid?

Old 03-19-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
You saying the JW doctrine doesn't conflict with the Bible?

You also saying Pascal wager is invalid?
I'm saying your use of scripture is spot on with the teachings I remember. There are other posters here that take an almost identical approach but then have minor differences and think that is the difference between reward and punishment. How closely a group follows the Bible isn't the criteria for a it being high control. I wanted to see if you could back up what you said.

I'm not a fan of Pascal's wager. I don 't think most Christians are either as I suspect most of them believe they serve from the heart and not as a way to avoid punishment. Better in a Biblical sense to serve no God than the wrong one anyway.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:57 PM

4,115 posts, read 1,481,868 times
Quote:
JW is clearly a cult and clearly at odds with the Bible. Moderator cut: deleted

I studied--Jesus teachings for years--The JW teachers are backed by his teachings and the teachings of Jesus expose trinity religions as false. There is no doubt in all creation----LEARN WHAT JESUS TAUGHT. Like this super ultra important truth.
Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you.( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
Few are taught what Jesus actually taught.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:59 PM

4,115 posts, read 1,481,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
no i use the bible your cult is started by a man who is linked to luciferian and occultic secret societies like the skull and bones. why are satanic symbols located at and near Charles Taze Russel's Grave?

"Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father?' Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do, he will he do also; and greater works than these he will do; because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."

(John 14:7-14)

Isaiah 44:6King James Version (KJV)

6 Thus saith the Lord the King of Israel, and his redeemer the Lord of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

revelation 22 Jesus said

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

If you and your teachers are right--- then you can show all a trinity in this passage-1Corinthians 8:6--Paul explaining clearly who God is. Only the Father--Jesus taught the same-John 17:3--- but you wont believe Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality