U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 PM

5,256 posts, read 1,679,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.
And behold, I am with you always, until the end of the age.
Gospel of Matthew 28:19-20

Jesus said to him,
"Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip?
He who has seen Me has seen the Father;
how can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me?
The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative,
but the Father abiding in Me does His works.
Gospel of John 14:9-10

"The Father and I are one."
Gospel of John 10:30

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians 13:13

1 John 5

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. 8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

The Watchtower baptizes in the name of Jehovah, Jesus and his spirit directed organization.

"The first question is:
On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

The second is:
Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."

Jehovah's Witness is what people who follow the Watchtower call themselves. If you are not following the Watchtower you are not an active Witness so by becoming baptized you are stating you intend to be obedient to Jehovah via the Watchtower. This is post 1985. Before then they did baptized in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

https://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/baptism.php

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 03-29-2017 at 04:29 PM.. Reason: add a source
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2017, 10:29 AM

1,425 posts, read 1,144,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus was LOWER than the angels while on earth--yet trinity translation has mortals bowing to Jesus while lower than the angels in worship= 100% error.
There is much proof Michael is the one who came and was named Jesus as a mortal. Michael is higher than any other angel as well. He is the Archangel--- translates--chief of the angels.
Rev 6 is proof( but only if one can understand it) trinity teachers cannot.

pure darkness to make things up about me when you have 0 clue.

Jesus was never lower than the angels.

Hebrews 1

The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”[a]?
Or again,

“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son”[b]?
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,

“Let all God’s angels worship him.”[c]
7 In speaking of the angels he says,

“He makes his angels spirits,
and his servants flames of fire.”[d]

where does it say Jesus is/was lower than the angels?

Jesus is not and never was Michael the archangel. i prove this in previous posts and you ignored them

Jude 1

9 But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous judgment against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Michael said to Satan "The Lord Rebukes you"

Old 03-30-2017, 01:56 PM

4,066 posts, read 1,457,952 times
Quote:
Jesus was never lower than the angels.

Hebrews 1

The Son Superior to Angels
5 For to which of the angels did God ever say,

“You are my Son;
today I have become your Father”[a]?
Or again,

“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son”[b]?
6 And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says,

“Let all God’s angels worship him.”[c]
7 In speaking of the angels he says,

“He makes his angels spirits,
and his servants flames of fire.”[d]

where does it say Jesus is/was lower than the angels?

Jesus is not and never was Michael the archangel. i prove this in previous posts and you ignored them

Jude 1

9 But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous judgment against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”

Michael said to Satan "The Lord Rebukes you"

Hebrews 2:7-9--Jesus was LOWER than the angels while on earth.
The word worship is a mistranslation concerning Jesus. I showed you the error--it goes for every spot.
Reality-- They bowed in obeisance to their king.

Rev 6 = the war in heaven--first ride of the white horse( righteous war)- Michael rode that ride, but notice--- he receives his crown. Only Jesus is getting the crown. Only Jesus is Gods appointed king. If Jesus wetre God, he already would have been king since the bible is clear--God is king of eternity. Thus--God CANNOT be appointed as king. A prince can though.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Hebrews 2:7-9--Jesus was LOWER than the angels while on earth.
The word worship is a mistranslation concerning Jesus. I showed you the error--it goes for every spot.
Reality-- They bowed in obeisance to their king.

That passage was talking about MANKIND AKA HUMAN BEINGS

5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:

What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
7 You made them a little[a] lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
8 and put everything under their feet.”[b][c]

they keyword is THEM not he and not Jesus mankind aka humans are lower than the Angels NOT Jesus.

read carefully next time

Quote:
Rev 6 = the war in heaven--first ride of the white horse( righteous war)- Michael rode that ride, but notice--- he receives his crown. Only Jesus is getting the crown. Only Jesus is Gods appointed king. If Jesus wetre God, he already would have been king since the bible is clear--God is king of eternity. Thus--God CANNOT be appointed as king. A prince can though.

Revelation 12 is about the War in Heaven NOT Rev 6. in Rev 12 Michael leading the angels like a military leader to war against Satan and the angels who follow Satan Revelations 6 is about opening the seven seals MICHAEL WAS NOT RIDING any of the 4 horses of the apocalypse

Old 03-30-2017, 03:11 PM

The Claim that Jesus is Michael started by Ellen G White of the seventh day Adventist Church. CTR the founder of the JWs was a SDA before he started the JW sect. the official SDA used to teach Jesus is Michael until 30-40 years ago. Doug Bachelor of amazing facts continue to teach that Jesus is Michael. both SDA and JWs are from the Millerite Movement that claims Jesus will return in 1844

Evidence of this doctrinal pollution is found in the writings of Ellen White:

"Moses passed through death, but Michael came down and gave him life before his body had seen corruption. Satan tried to hold the body, claiming it as his; but Michael resurrected Moses and took him to heaven. Satan railed bitterly against God...but Christ did not rebuke His adversary... He meekly referred him to His Father, saying, 'The Lord rebuke thee.'" Early Writings, p. 164 (emphasis added).

"When Jesus stands up; when his work is finished in the Most Holy, then there will be not another ray of light to be imparted to the sinner....The light is made to reach far ahead, where all is total darkness. MICHAEL stands up." Spiritual Gifts, vol. 2, p. 276 (emphasis added).

"As Christ and the angels approached the grave, Satan and his angels appeared at the grave, and were guarding the body of Moses, lest it should be removed. As Christ and his angels drew nigh, Satan resisted their approach, but was compelled, by the glory and power of Christ and his angels to fall back. Satan claimed the body of Moses, because of his one transgression; but Christ meekly referred him to his Father, saying, "The Lord rebuke thee." Spiritual Gifts, vol. 4a, p. 58 (emphasis added).

"Just before going into the meeting, I had a revival of some interesting scenes which had passed before me in vision...It seemed to me that the angels were making a rift in the cloud and letting in the beams of light from heaven. The subject that was presented so strikingly was the case of Moses....The angels buried him, but the Son of God soon came down and raised him from the dead and took him to heaven." Testimonies for the Church, vol. 1, p. 659 (emphasis added).

"As a people we must stand as did the world's Redeemer. When in controversy with Satan, in regard to the body of Moses, Christ durst not bring against him a railing accusation." Testimonies for the Church, vol. 9, p. 239.

https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-l...e-and-the-same

Doug have the gall to say Michael was not called an angel but an archangel. he is saying that the archangel is not an angel i guess he never learned grammar in school

the prefix arch means chief, leader and ruler
examples are

archbishop, archdeacon, patriarch, matriarch, etc

Old 03-30-2017, 03:38 PM

The Occultist and Spiritist Johannes Greber influenced the NWT Translation of the JW bible more evidence the JWs links to the Occcult. do agoogle search on Johannes Greber

Old 03-31-2017, 02:01 PM

Quote:
The Occultist and Spiritist Johannes Greber influenced the NWT Translation of the JW bible more evidence the JWs links to the Occcult. do agoogle search on Johannes Greber

They made a single statement from Greber--it was a 100% truth-- No truth comes from evil. All truths concerning God are good, no matter the source.
Try a google search about Easter and Christmas, and ask yourself--would a religion that has Jesus, add pagan practices off the table of demons to celebrations given to Gods son? The answer is never. Yet 2 billion like you are being duped out of entrance into Gods kingdom by sharing in those pagan practices. It takes believing the bible--but FEW know it-1Cor 10:21-- God says you cannot do both. Many are trying that route though.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:05 PM

Quote:
That passage was talking about MANKIND AKA HUMAN BEINGS

5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:

What is mankind that you are mindful of them,
a son of man that you care for him?
7 You made them a little[a] lower than the angels;
you crowned them with glory and honor
8 and put everything under their feet.”[b][c]

they keyword is THEM not he and not Jesus mankind aka humans are lower than the Angels NOT Jesus.

read carefully next time

Revelation 12 is about the War in Heaven NOT Rev 6. in Rev 12 Michael leading the angels like a military leader to war against Satan and the angels who follow Satan Revelations 6 is about opening the seven seals MICHAEL WAS NOT RIDING any of the 4 horses of the apocalypse

Heb 2:7-9-- verse 9 names Jesus as the one made lower than the angels---so why lie about it?

Yes Rev 12 names Michael as the one who rode the white horse in the war of heaven--there are 2 rides listed of the white horse--Rev 6--and Harmageddon. But we find at the ride of Harmageddon, Jesus is already wearing the crown. Which proves Rev 6 is the war in heaven ride--because he doesn't get the crown until after the ride--Michael is Jesus. No matter what any mortal says.

Old 04-01-2017, 09:09 AM

6,571 posts, read 17,969,097 times
Am retired in Rosarito MX. Twice a week JW would come down the street. When crossing into SD would grab a few copies of a Spanish tabloid for the articles etc. One showed where a JW elder had been charged for a SEX incident. Since this was a Spanish tabloid I cut out two of the article for the women who came by...gave them a copy and have never seen them since.....wonder why? as I' m a nice guy.

Old 04-01-2017, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Heb 2:7-9-- verse 9 names Jesus as the one made lower than the angels---so why lie about it?

9 But we see Jesus, who for a little while was made lower than the angels, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for every one.

that was during his crucifixion this still does t prove that Jesus is Michael blasphemous doctrine copied from Ellen G White and her SDA. This is about God becoming man in the flesh to die for the sins of man.

Quote:
Yes Rev 12 names Michael as the one who rode the white horse in the war of heaven--there are 2 rides listed of the white horse--Rev 6--and Harmageddon. But we find at the ride of Harmageddon, Jesus is already wearing the crown. Which proves Rev 6 is the war in heaven ride--because he doesn't get the crown until after the ride--Michael is Jesus. No matter what any mortal says.

The war in heaven never took place in Rev 6. that chapter is about angels opening the 7 seals i might make mistakes but unlike you i don't have reading comprehension skills

Quote:
They made a single statement from Greber--it was a 100% truth-- No truth comes from evil. All truths concerning God are good, no matter the source.
Try a google search about Easter and Christmas, and ask yourself--would a religion that has Jesus, add pagan practices off the table of demons to celebrations given to Gods son? The answer is never. Yet 2 billion like you are being duped out of entrance into Gods kingdom by sharing in those pagan practices. It takes believing the bible--but FEW know it-1Cor 10:21-- God says you cannot do both. Many are trying that route though.
somebody who has never read anything outside of his cult have no business telling anybody else to do research. easter did not came from pagan origins. it is closely related to passover the jewish holiday

Was Easter Borrowed from a Pagan Holiday? | Christian History

and neither is christmas

Oh, Lighten Up, Christmas Is NOT a Pagan Holiday.

anti-christians started these pagan origins nonsense to attack Christianity since the 18-19th centuries. many of them are occultists and new agers. these same occultists also influence the development of the Mormons, SDA and JW these sects also use occultists symbols like obelisks and 5 pointed stars.

and isn't it odd that JWs and other sects started by occultists like to claim that paganism infleunced christian holidays?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality