U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 10:06 AM

13,837 posts, read 9,645,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Care to explain why the American government does on it's money?
Oh! He ignored it. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 10:11 AM

1,425 posts, read 1,143,189 times
In this document Charles Taze Russell admitted that he is Free Mason

it can be found by visiting Bible Students Library 2

click "* Convention Report Sermons" which can be views as a PDF file

and scroll down to page 914 you see a topic called The Temple of God and scroll down to page 1915 and read his confession

Quote:
So I am glad to address delegates especially here from the Bay
cities, and also including some thirty-five states represented in
the excursion party. I am very glad to have this particular
opportunity of saying a word about some of the things in which
we agree with our Masonic friends, because we are speaking in
a building dedicated to Masonry, and we also are Masons. I am
a Free Mason. I am a free and accepted Mason, if I may carry
the matter to its full length, because that is what our Masonic
brethren like to tell us, that they are free and accepted Masons.
That is their style of putting it. Now I am a free and accepted
Mason. I trust we all are. But not just after the style of our
Masonic brethren. We have no quarrel with them. I am not
going to say a word against Free Masons

how do you like me now? CTR is an admitted freemason.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:04 PM

4,049 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
In this document Charles Taze Russell admitted that he is Free Mason

it can be found by visiting Bible Students Library 2

click "* Convention Report Sermons" which can be views as a PDF file

and scroll down to page 914 you see a topic called The Temple of God and scroll down to page 1915 and read his confession

CTR is dead. Its 2017--its now that counts try living in it. There is 0 intelligence involved trying to condemn the dead. But all can see your heart--it outright refuses to forgive--so guess what you'll get in return from God? Are you not hoping that God forgives your past or should he hold it against you even if you repented? You aren't CTR,s judge, why have you placed yourself in the spot God gave to his son? Jesus is CTR,s judge--not you.

Old 04-25-2017, 02:57 PM

970 posts, read 396,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
It is really a sad reality, those with 0 clue believe every single thing said against the JW,s with 0 proof. Just words that have no proof to them. Every one of them do not know God or his son.
The irony in this post is through the charts! A JW who believes in nothing BUT things with ZERO proof, is telling someone else that it is "a sad reality" when someone believes something with no proof!

Quote:
That's where you are wrong--God reveals himself to those who love him and listen to him.
So, the only way your "god" reveals himself, is if you already believe in him and listen to him? Do you realize how ridiculous and childish that sounds? And please, explain to me how you can listen to something that has not even revealed its existence to you. While you are at it, look up what confirmation bias is, and try to understand how it applies to you.

See, people like myself, we start with a question, and try to find the answer. You start with what you want the answer to be, and then ignore everything that doesn't match it. In short, we think for ourselves, and you let other think for you. That is the true "sad reality".

Old 04-25-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
CTR is dead. Its 2017--its now that counts try living in it. There is 0 intelligence involved trying to condemn the dead. But all can see your heart--it outright refuses to forgive--so guess what you'll get in return from God? Are you not hoping that God forgives your past or should he hold it against you even if you repented? You aren't CTR,s judge, why have you placed yourself in the spot God gave to his son? Jesus is CTR,s judge--not you.
JWs is founded by occultists and freemasons and use occultic images in their publications

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W7o6-NgUaI

Old 04-25-2017, 06:41 PM

1,808 posts, read 1,518,921 times
Quote:
So, he's a member of an organization that he considered, in his own published work, to be a 'grievous evil'?

And he outright stated that he wasn't a Mason, by the by.

From his own sermon ('the Temple of God', which has been reproduced here:

Quote:
Although I have never been a Mason, I have heard that in
Masonry they have something which very closely illustrates all
of this. It is in riding the goat, etc. And the Bible calls for the
goat, you know. The Bible tells you that your goat, which you
have to ride more or less every day, is your own flesh. Our
Masonic friends have it down very fine. I do not know where
they got it so well. I have often wondered where they found out
so many of the secrets of our High and Accepted Order of
Masonry. From the time you come in to be a member of the
Royal Priesthood.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:14 PM

20,550 posts, read 22,709,293 times
Quote:
JWs is founded by occultists and freemasons and use occultic images in their publications

And Christianity isn't??

Old 04-25-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
So, he's a member of an organization that he considered, in his own published work, to be a 'grievous evil'?

And he outright stated that he wasn't a Mason, by the by.

From his own sermon ('the Temple of God', which has been reproduced here:
yes he admitted he was a freemason in the document i posted here. your website is a biased JW website

Old 04-25-2017, 08:39 PM

1,808 posts, read 1,518,921 times
Quote:
yes he admitted he was a freemason in the document i posted here. your website is a biased JW website
It's the same document!

Honestly, if the best you can do is to present a fallacious argument (see http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Appeal_to_bias) then I'll have no choice but to accept that you've conceded. You assume bias, because it's not what you want to believe. The website I provided linked to exactly the same transcript, and even gave a published source in which that transcript was located.

I have pointed, several times, to Charles Taze Russell's own words, and while humans are rarely completely honest, I can see no logical reason for Russell to say one thing to his congregation and then record that he said something completely different in print, where the content of his sermons would be a matter of record and thus easy for anyone in his congregation to dispute.

I'm sorry, but 'your source is biased, so I'm right' doesn't hold water with me.

Last edited by FredNotBob; 04-25-2017 at 09:05 PM..

Old 04-26-2017, 05:23 AM

4,049 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Quote:

There are many just like you out there,believe every single word said against the JW,s even with 0 proof.
Its very sad that you don't know what Jesus taught, because its fact, the teachings of Jesus back up the JW teachers--where does that leave the rest like you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality