Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2017, 05:27 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
The irony in this post is through the charts! A JW who believes in nothing BUT things with ZERO proof, is telling someone else that it is "a sad reality" when someone believes something with no proof!

So, the only way your "god" reveals himself, is if you already believe in him and listen to him? Do you realize how ridiculous and childish that sounds? And please, explain to me how you can listen to something that has not even revealed its existence to you. While you are at it, look up what confirmation bias is, and try to understand how it applies to you.

See, people like myself, we start with a question, and try to find the answer. You start with what you want the answer to be, and then ignore everything that doesn't match it. In short, we think for ourselves, and you let other think for you. That is the true "sad reality".

The only mortals on earth who have a clue are those taught by the teachers who have Jesus. One religion, one truth. Not one thinking for themselves know truth. Eve tried to think for herself--look where it got everyone. Gods will is ALL that matters--only those living now to do it will be allowed to enter his kingdom( Matt 7:21)
Yet the lying false teachers are telling all--you are saved or born again even though they do not do Gods will. Ear ticklers for $$$$$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 05:28 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
CTR is dead. Its 2017--its now that counts try living in it.
Lol! Anyone else see the irony. Someone that lives their life by the rules of a barbaric ancient superstition telling another to 'live in the present'. Oy vez!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:01 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,176 times
Quote:
The only mortals on earth who have a clue are those taught by the teachers who have Jesus. One religion, one truth. Not one thinking for themselves know truth. Eve tried to think for herself--look where it got everyone. Gods will is ALL that matters--only those living now to do it will be allowed to enter his kingdom( Matt 7:21)
Yet the lying false teachers are telling all--you are saved or born again even though they do not do Gods will. Ear ticklers for $$$$$
Yea, dang women always trying to think for themselves and messing stuff up!

PS: I love how you freely admit you don't do any thinking on your own, and instead rely on others to do your thinking for you. It is refreshing to see someone who revels in their own ignorance, and helps to show the bad side of such thinking. Thanks for the good work!

JW's, helping to bring people to non-belief daily!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Lol! Anyone else see the irony. Someone that lives their life by the rules of a barbaric ancient superstition telling another to 'live in the present'. Oy vez!
Every post by kjw is full of irony and ignorance. It is truly astounding!

Old 04-26-2017, 08:36 AM

1,972 posts, read 1,934,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
It's the same document!

Honestly, if the best you can do is to present a fallacious argument (see Appeal to bias - RationalWiki) then I'll have no choice but to accept that you've conceded. You assume bias, because it's not what you want to believe. The website I provided linked to exactly the same transcript, and even gave a published source in which that transcript was located.

I have pointed, several times, to Charles Taze Russell's own words, and while humans are rarely completely honest, I can see no logical reason for Russell to say one thing to his congregation and then record that he said something completely different in print, where the content of his sermons would be a matter of record and thus easy for anyone in his congregation to dispute.

I'm sorry, but 'your source is biased, so I'm right' doesn't hold water with me.

it's not the same document it is a doctored version. the JWs are known to lie, make false predictions and change thier tune when they are proven wrong. the document i have is the original undoctored version rational wiki is a bias leftist source. an example they called black pigeon speaks a racist and white supremacist without evidence. it is leftist ripoff of conservapedia

Old 04-26-2017, 12:42 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,890,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
it's not the same document it is a doctored version. the JWs are known to lie, make false predictions and change thier tune when they are proven wrong. the document i have is the original undoctored version rational wiki is a bias leftist source. an example they called black pigeon speaks a racist and white supremacist without evidence. it is leftist ripoff of conservapedia
Uh-huh.

Well, I'll accept your concession, then.

Old 04-27-2017, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post

I see you quoting wiki--- how come you don't quote wiki where it shows that the false religions claiming to serve Jesus are being mislead to partake off the table of demons during Christmas and Easter( pagan additives) celebrations--2 billion being mislead to not enter Gods kingdom--how come you wont believe that wiki truth? Because God says--one CANNOT partake of his table and the table of demons.1Cor 10:21)

2 billion lives on the line there--why don't you help them?

Old 04-27-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Every post by kjw is full of irony and ignorance. It is truly astounding!

ignorance comes from those who don't know the real Jesus and what he taught.
Here is a bible fact Jesus taught---and its a guarantee--every true follower on earths heart tells their mind to do this daily-24/7, 365
Matt 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

not one whose heart is not telling their mind this super important truth daily do not have a chance with God.
The majority on earth are seeking-$$$$-pleasure and self first daily.
How many days that God has granted you, has your heart instructed your mind to do that? Few on earth are taught to do this important truth---trinity charities don't even teach this to the needy--its a permanent fix, yet are too blind help anyone.
God will reveal everyones ignorance.

Old 04-27-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
ignorance comes from those who don't know the real Jesus and what he taught.
Here is a bible fact Jesus taught---and its a guarantee--every true follower on earths heart tells their mind to do this daily-24/7, 365
Matt 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)

not one whose heart is not telling their mind this super important truth daily do not have a chance with God.
The majority on earth are seeking-$$$$-pleasure and self first daily.
How many days that God has granted you, has your heart instructed your mind to do that? Few on earth are taught to do this important truth---trinity charities don't even teach this to the needy--its a permanent fix, yet are too blind help anyone.
God will reveal everyones ignorance.
You are doing a fine job revealing your ignorance, kjw. You don't even know what a "fact" is apparently, judging by the FACT that you use it when talking of the Bible and Jesus.

It is also super sad that you think so little of everyone who is not part of your religion. We are all just self serving, money grubbing, bound for hell sinners to you. That, my friend, is why your religion is garbage.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:19 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,148,378 times
What some people love to do is judge. Judge an ethnicity or community and take as "the gospel" what I or others might post. If you are interested in knowing what JWs believe go to the website JW.org. You'll find JWs view on "shunning" as well as other polarizing topics like blood transfusions, politics, holidays, war, etc. It's a common refrain when people are on the offensive that JWs believe they are the only ones who will have an opportunity at eternal life (false) or they think everyone with the exception of themselves are going to hell (we don't believe hell is a Bible teaching..if you think the very word hell is found in the earliest copies of the Bible...think again...do some research) or that JWs refuse medical treatment (only blood) or hate gay and lesbians (Bible states respect all sorts of men (women) and the second greatest commandment which is love your neighbor as yourself, remember?). We are a cult because as a group there is an expectation that people will live up to the commitments they willingly chose to do when becoming a JW. We apparently disrespect the nations we live in because we choose to be neutral and avoid political conflict. As a group we strive to be law abiding, gainfully employed, avoid being tax cheaters, don't steal, kill etc in the nations that we reside in or are citizens of but apparently that doesn't matter because some people are more interested in displays of "good citizenship"rather than substance. Any one remember when Witnesses pulled their resources and proposed or supported legislation to take away people's attempts to secure rights for themselves or sought to ban Christmas displays or the Easter bunny or Halloween. We've had both religious and atheists individuals or organizations attempt to remove or ban or restrict activities, rights, or emblems they don't agree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality