U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2017, 10:57 PM

26,343 posts, read 13,966,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Of course Jehovah's Witnesses believe in hell because the day righteous Jesus' died Jesus went to hell according to Acts 2:27; Psalm 16:10

What Jehovah's Witnesses do Not believe is that there is any 'pain' in biblical hell.
Jesus taught 'sleep in death' according to John 11:11-14
Jesus was well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach unconscious sleep in death, in biblical hell.
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5
So, Jesus believed that while in the Bible's hell that he would be in a sleeping state until his God resurrected Jesus out of biblical hell - Acts 3:15.
If biblical hell was a permanent place Jesus would still be in biblical hell.
According to Revelation 1:18 Jesus now has the keys to unlock biblical hell ( the sleeping grave ) for mankind.
After everyone in the Bible's hell ( grave ) is ' delivered up ' ( resurrected ) out of biblical hell, then emptied-out hell will be cast vacant into a symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell according to Revelation 20:13-14.
No, they don't believe in hell, they believe in anihilation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 08:46 AM

983 posts, read 401,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, they don't believe in hell, they believe in anihilation...
Oh, that is sooooo much better......

The good people who don't believe in their specific brand of the specific God will just be "annihilated" instead of in hell. That makes a LOT more sense....

Old 05-03-2017, 02:11 PM

4,081 posts, read 1,463,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Oh, that is sooooo much better......

The good people who don't believe in their specific brand of the specific God will just be "annihilated" instead of in hell. That makes a LOT more sense....

The real teachers that belong to Jesus, teach Jesus' truths over DOGMAS OF MEN
Jesus taught--Many have entered the broad and spacious path that leads to= destruction)-----not eternal suffering.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Oh yes, it is I that has blinders on. Coming from a JW, that is rich! You guys live your entire life with blinders on, ignoring anything that doesn't fit your narrow worldview. Pathetic.

You know many with loving hearts, huh? So because they are "mislead" as you put it, they are going to hell, right? So, following your logic, your petty little joke of a God sends good people to hell, for no good reason.

Sounds like he would be an absolute RIOT to spend eternity with.... Hard Pass.

What truth would that be? I have seen no truth coming from you, only Bible verses and rehashed nonsense from your elders (or whatever it is you guys call them). I have not even seen one original thought come from you, and certainly no "truth".

Fact--Sheol( Hebrew) = Hades( greek)--both translate--the grave--hades = hell.

Many on earth have loving hearts--all mortals do--not the love Jesus spoke of. Many are worshipping false gods. The problem is--they 100% failed to listen God and his son and believed dogmas taught in the schools of men. Those false teachers--fail to warn them what the table of demons produces( 1Cor 10:21)--made to look good to the mortal heart. By satan and his teachers transforming into an angel of light( 2Cor 11:12-15)

Old 05-03-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The real teachers that belong to Jesus, teach Jesus' truths over DOGMAS OF MEN
Jesus taught--Many have entered the broad and spacious path that leads to= destruction)-----not eternal suffering.
Again, SOOOOOO much better, right? The good people who don't believe your very narrow view of God just get destroyed, not tortured. Soooo much better! You God only "destroys" good people.

This is crazy thinking, kjw, and the reason people look down upon JW's.

Old 05-04-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Again, SOOOOOO much better, right? The good people who don't believe your very narrow view of God just get destroyed, not tortured. Soooo much better! You God only "destroys" good people.

This is crazy thinking, kjw, and the reason people look down upon JW's.

God has set up reality--not the JW,s. Jesus taught they will be destroyed. As well, Jesus taught, those who follow him will be hated. The ones who get destroyed--God sees them as wicked--not mans view of wicked--Gods view.
All mortals have love in their heart--many say--I love my family and friends--its not enough--Jesus taught one must love their enemy as well. They do not seek vengeance for pride and self. Vengeance is MINE said the Lord. Few know or listen to Jesus.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God has set up reality--not the JW,s. Jesus taught they will be destroyed. As well, Jesus taught, those who follow him will be hated. The ones who get destroyed--God sees them as wicked--not mans view of wicked--Gods view.
All mortals have love in their heart--many say--I love my family and friends--its not enough--Jesus taught one must love their enemy as well. They do not seek vengeance for pride and self. Vengeance is MINE said the Lord. Few know or listen to Jesus.
You should really learn to speak for yourself. This is nothing more than repeating what you have been told. Also really stupid if you break it down.

Just so I understand you..... If I am a good person who loves everyone around me, including my enemies, but don't believe the exact, narrow minded view of your cultish clan, then I get "destroyed"? Even if I live a better life than you? I mean, you clearly don't do much good in the world as a JW, since the only thing you guys do for charitable work is donate Bibles and go door to door trying to convert others. So clearly, I live a much better life than you do, since I do a whole lot of charitable work and give to those in need, yet I am going to be "destroyed" while you are kissing God's feet in Heaven or whatever? That is just plain stupid and divisive. Then again, that is all you guys are about. Division. A sad and pathetic bunch.

Don't get me wrong though. Just because I have harsh words for you, doesn't mean I wouldn't give the clothes off my back to help you, or give you money/food/shelter/etc if you needed it. You can't say the same when it comes to me. So who really "loves" their "enemies" kjw?

Old 05-04-2017, 05:20 PM

18,994 posts, read 6,223,451 times
I have a really dear friend on East Coast, I'm on West Coast. She's is a JW. I don't like any religion.

Old 05-04-2017, 06:40 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,146,975 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4x0sL2Dum5I

Old 05-05-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
You should really learn to speak for yourself. This is nothing more than repeating what you have been told. Also really stupid if you break it down.

Just so I understand you..... If I am a good person who loves everyone around me, including my enemies, but don't believe the exact, narrow minded view of your cultish clan, then I get "destroyed"? Even if I live a better life than you? I mean, you clearly don't do much good in the world as a JW, since the only thing you guys do for charitable work is donate Bibles and go door to door trying to convert others. So clearly, I live a much better life than you do, since I do a whole lot of charitable work and give to those in need, yet I am going to be "destroyed" while you are kissing God's feet in Heaven or whatever? That is just plain stupid and divisive. Then again, that is all you guys are about. Division. A sad and pathetic bunch.

Don't get me wrong though. Just because I have harsh words for you, doesn't mean I wouldn't give the clothes off my back to help you, or give you money/food/shelter/etc if you needed it. You can't say the same when it comes to me. So who really "loves" their "enemies" kjw?

This is what God requires--it is HIS will=John 4:22-24--Jesus teaches--only those living now to do his Fathers will, get to enter his kingdom( Matt 7:21)
I am happy to hear your heart is filled with love-- You do not know me to say such a thing.
The trinity charities--hand out a temp fix--yet fail both Jesus and the needy by not teaching them the permanent fix along with it--Matt 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST-the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
Every true followers heart, instructs their minds daily to accomplish this--The real teachers of Jesus get this teaching deep into every single flock members heart to begin with, those that listen to and apply Jesus aren't needy anymore. Jesus promised there At Matt 6--his Father would provide all 3 of those things daily if needed.
JW,s a worldwide brotherhood, skin color means 0--what country one is from means 0= 0 division--we divide from the rest of the world as Jesus taught us to when he said to be NO part of this world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality