U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-10-2017, 02:57 PM
 
4,054 posts, read 1,454,729 times
Reputation: 271

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So we aren't bad, we are just "partaking off the table of demons"? Sounds like you are saying we are bad. The fact that you think it is A-Okay for good people to be "destroyed", or whatever, simply because they don't believe as you do, tells me all I need to know about you. You are perfectly fine worshipping a god who "destroys" good people for no reason. I mean, seriously, let that sink in kjw. (I know you won't though, because, as you have freely admitted, you don't do your own thinking, and rely on those in your church to do it for you, and they would never allow you to think for yourself).



All mortal hearts have a form of love--When the crap hits the fan the real person reveals his true heart.
Example--if you were A father--3 children, no money, no way to feed them, they haven't eaten for 2 days--- rely on God--or go steal from your brothers and maybe even have to kill to get food.
The one with the proper love Jesus spoke of will rely on God--the rest will kill if need be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2017, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
977 posts, read 398,039 times
Reputation: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God is holy--there is 0 room for sin in his world. He makes decisions concerning all for all time--a mortal doesn't have a clue as to what that consists of. We cannot see past our own little world, God sees all, His choices are correct everytime.
We celebrate being alive daily with many blessings. We celebrate the death( lords supper) of Jesus on our behalfs, because Jesus asked us to.

So holy he drowned an entire planet of people and animals because they made him mad. Sounds more like an ignorant bully to me. You say we can't see past our own little world, yet you claim to know what your creator is thinking, and what it wants. How could you possibly know that if you can't see past your own little world, puny human?


See, that is one of the problems with religion. You prattle on about how we can't possibly know what is right or correct, yet you claim to know those exact things. It is stupidity only seen in the religious.


You don't celebrate being alive kjw, you celebrate the fact that you are one day closer to death. You people worship death. You live for death, and what you THINK will happen when that day comes. The worst part about it, is that you don't even know you are correct. Sure, you THINK you are correct, but so do billions of other people not part of your religion. Yea, I know.... They are all wrong, and only you and your particular sect of less than 10 million is correct.... says every religious person in the world.


That is another issue with religions. You ALL think you are right, and that is just not possible. What if you are one of those that is not correct, kjw? Yea, I know, you THINK you are 100% correct so you don't think of such things. Wouldn't want to ruin your blissfully ignorant and dull lifestyle. All you will have to show for your life is just a wasted life. Myself, on the other hand, will leave plenty behind and will not have wasted my God given (assuming there is one) life. If your God is so petty as to "destroy" me when I die, then so be it. It won't be any different than the blackness before I was born. I will know nothing of it. Also, if your God is that petty, why would I want to spend eternity with people like him? And like you, for that matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2017, 03:15 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
977 posts, read 398,039 times
Reputation: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
All mortal hearts have a form of love--When the crap hits the fan the real person reveals his true heart.
Example--if you were A father--3 children, no money, no way to feed them, they haven't eaten for 2 days--- rely on God--or go steal from your brothers and maybe even have to kill to get food.
The one with the proper love Jesus spoke of will rely on God--the rest will kill if need be.
And that person would have children starving to death, and would be a terrible person. A man who would let his family starve to death instead of getting help is no man of God, kjw. He is a terrible person who should never have been allowed to have children.


Now, you say when the crap hits the fan the real person reveals his true nature, huh? Okay, so what about my husband? He is one of those you think doesn't deserve a chance to be with your high and mighty brethren, yet he has legit saved someone's life before. He stopped a car-jacking by getting in between a mother (who had 2 children in the car btw) and the car-jacker. Gun in his face, he calmly told the guy to take a hike, and pointed out the cameras, and that they had seen his face, and surely he didn't want to go to jail for a $5,000 car. Long story short, the guy ended up running off, and the mother and her two kids were fine.


To you, he is just another heathen not worthy of being in your super awesome kingdom. Have you saved anyone's life kjw? Have you ever put your life on the line for a stranger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2017, 08:32 PM
 
Location: California USA
850 posts, read 571,333 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ummmmm. Let's try another way. Let people live in a utopia where:
* They can think/believe what they want as long as the actions from those thoughts/beliefs do not harm others.
* They are free from the shackles imposed by ancient superstitions.
That's the current status in most developed as well as developing countries of the West where the majority of the population are Christian nominal or otherwise.

That has not been the case in modern history in countries that are officially atheist.

For some these "ancient superstitions" are shackles but for others it's a matter of exercising one's choice to exercise self control and restraint. Beliefs are able to offer comfort to the downtrodden, those who have lost loved ones as well as motivate an individual to better oneself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2017, 09:33 PM
 
Location: California USA
850 posts, read 571,333 times
Reputation: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, they don't believe in hell, they believe in anihilation...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Oh, that is sooooo much better......


The good people who don't believe in their specific brand of the specific God will just be "annihilated" instead of in hell. That makes a LOT more sense....
annihilation = no resurrection=eternal death

The lake of fire = Gehenna=the second death=no resurrection=eternal death...Revelation 20:14.

Christians at various times in history (not limited to JWs) recognize this principle because it's taught in the Bible.

As far as God annihilating "good people" it's a matter of record in the Bible that it would be the wicked and treacherous who would be dealt with not "good people" Proverbs 2:21,22. Contrast that with those who remain on earth, "But the meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace"-Psalm 37:11
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2017, 09:45 PM
 
5,835 posts, read 3,306,206 times
Reputation: 13622
I've only experienced 2 JW families. The first were extraordinarily unfriendly next door neighbors. The man was an idiot who invited his friend to park his junker car in front of our house with a for sale sign on it. The second were a couple in their 50's who were the nicest, most helpful and friendly neighbors I've ever had. I think of them all as people, not JWs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 PM
 
Location: Valencia, Spain
13,858 posts, read 9,654,368 times
Reputation: 2394
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
God is holy--there is 0 room for sin in his world.
...and yet, according to you and other theists...he created it AND introduced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
That's the current status in most developed as well as developing countries of the West where the majority of the population are Christian nominal or otherwise.
I say hd! I didn't write what you have quoted me saying in post #1344.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2017, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
977 posts, read 398,039 times
Reputation: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd4me View Post
annihilation = no resurrection=eternal death

The lake of fire = Gehenna=the second death=no resurrection=eternal death...Revelation 20:14.

Christians at various times in history (not limited to JWs) recognize this principle because it's taught in the Bible.

As far as God annihilating "good people" it's a matter of record in the Bible that it would be the wicked and treacherous who would be dealt with not "good people" Proverbs 2:21,22. Contrast that with those who remain on earth, "But the meek will possess the earth, and they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace"-Psalm 37:11
So you believe a good atheist would not be "dealt with"? What would happen to us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2017, 02:15 PM
 
4,054 posts, read 1,454,729 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
And that person would have children starving to death, and would be a terrible person. A man who would let his family starve to death instead of getting help is no man of God, kjw. He is a terrible person who should never have been allowed to have children.


Now, you say when the crap hits the fan the real person reveals his true nature, huh? Okay, so what about my husband? He is one of those you think doesn't deserve a chance to be with your high and mighty brethren, yet he has legit saved someone's life before. He stopped a car-jacking by getting in between a mother (who had 2 children in the car btw) and the car-jacker. Gun in his face, he calmly told the guy to take a hike, and pointed out the cameras, and that they had seen his face, and surely he didn't want to go to jail for a $5,000 car. Long story short, the guy ended up running off, and the mother and her two kids were fine.


To you, he is just another heathen not worthy of being in your super awesome kingdom. Have you saved anyone's life kjw? Have you ever put your life on the line for a stranger?



One who listened to Jesus will never starve. He promised at Matt 6:--his Father would provide-sustenance, covering, spirituality if one applied Matt 6:33--Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you. Few listened to Jesus--Few teachers even teach this ultra important truth-- the charities will not even teach it to the needy--My teachers get this deep into each ones heart to live by daily.
Many people do fine things--they do not however live to do Gods will. Matt 7:21)


A man who actually loves his children, listened to Jesus at Matt 6:33 so that there would never be the possibility for his children to starve.


All who know the facts of history and bible history, knows. Satans #1 tool--from generation to generation, from parent to child--false god worship and pagan practices off the table of demons handed down. 99% mislead all throughout the bible--its no different now. its just as Jesus taught--FEW will find the road.
God said of the armies he had wiped off his earth--they were very brave and valiant men. They were mislead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2017, 02:19 PM
 
4,054 posts, read 1,454,729 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
So holy he drowned an entire planet of people and animals because they made him mad. Sounds more like an ignorant bully to me. You say we can't see past our own little world, yet you claim to know what your creator is thinking, and what it wants. How could you possibly know that if you can't see past your own little world, puny human?


See, that is one of the problems with religion. You prattle on about how we can't possibly know what is right or correct, yet you claim to know those exact things. It is stupidity only seen in the religious.


You don't celebrate being alive kjw, you celebrate the fact that you are one day closer to death. You people worship death. You live for death, and what you THINK will happen when that day comes. The worst part about it, is that you don't even know you are correct. Sure, you THINK you are correct, but so do billions of other people not part of your religion. Yea, I know.... They are all wrong, and only you and your particular sect of less than 10 million is correct.... says every religious person in the world.


That is another issue with religions. You ALL think you are right, and that is just not possible. What if you are one of those that is not correct, kjw? Yea, I know, you THINK you are 100% correct so you don't think of such things. Wouldn't want to ruin your blissfully ignorant and dull lifestyle. All you will have to show for your life is just a wasted life. Myself, on the other hand, will leave plenty behind and will not have wasted my God given (assuming there is one) life. If your God is so petty as to "destroy" me when I die, then so be it. It won't be any different than the blackness before I was born. I will know nothing of it. Also, if your God is that petty, why would I want to spend eternity with people like him? And like you, for that matter?




If you read the account( Noah)-- all thoughts of the people were wicked all the time--very violent--as well prior to the flood--bad angels were coming down as mortals and having sex with the women--they had babies called-NEPHLIM--- giants--very violent.


The teachings of Jesus prove who is who.
God knows exactly what he is doing--you dont have a clue as to Gods reasoning--He has to make decisions that's best for all for all time--We couldn't imagine what that entails in our little worlds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top