U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2017, 08:29 AM

13,837 posts, read 9,645,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
One who listened to Jesus will never starve. He promised at Matt 6:--his Father would provide-sustenance, covering, spirituality if one applied Matt 6:33--.
So when are you going to sell all your possessions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2017, 09:08 AM

26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Oh, no, no, no...G-d wants him to be wealthy...

Old 05-15-2017, 01:28 PM

34,440 posts, read 8,865,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Oh, no, no, no...G-d wants him to be wealthy...
No, no - God wants his churches to be wealthy, not those who attend - just so they earn enough so they are able to put their last two mites in towards the minister's new Learjet (the old one is such a last -year colour...)

Old 05-15-2017, 01:29 PM

4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Quote:

I don't have much--I don't have a house or car, or cell phone. So my best avenue would be to show all Jesus' teachings so that they wont be in need either.

Old 05-15-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Have you ever read the Bible completely without the rose colored glasses? Before you throw away the rest of your life, you should do so. And, btw, living an exciting life does not mean you have to live it evil.

I don't wear rose colored glasses--the ones satan has confused do-2Cor 4:4)

Old 05-16-2017, 12:29 AM

Quote:
I don't have much--I don't have a house or car, or cell phone.
Probably not old enough yet!

Old 05-16-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Probably not old enough yet!

I didn't seek wealth or possessions, I am 59. I have something way more valuable--Gods truth. Its worth more than all the $$$$$$, gold, gem stones on earth combined.

Old 05-16-2017, 03:34 PM

970 posts, read 396,957 times
Quote:
I didn't seek wealth or possessions, I am 59. I have something way more valuable--Gods truth. Its worth more than all the $$$$$$, gold, gem stones on earth combined.
You have what you BELIEVE is God's truth. You don't know this for fact anymore than I know the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot is real (I don't believe that, just an example).

Also, I have noticed a trend with people like you (those who say they didn't seek wealth or possessions, and are fundamentalists), in that you didn't seek it because you couldn't get it. In other words, you knew you lack the ability to earn good money, so you say you "didn't seek it". They lack either the IQ, or the drive, and they like that they can just say, "God didn't want me to be rich" as an excuse to never do anything worthwhile.

Why don't you get rid of the computer you are using? That is a fairly expensive possession. I am sure there are people who could be fed for weeks off of the price you could get, even if it is an older computer.

Old 05-16-2017, 04:06 PM

5,249 posts, read 1,673,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You have what you BELIEVE is God's truth. You don't know this for fact anymore than I know the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot is real (I don't believe that, just an example).

Also, I have noticed a trend with people like you (those who say they didn't seek wealth or possessions, and are fundamentalists), in that you didn't seek it because you couldn't get it. In other words, you knew you lack the ability to earn good money, so you say you "didn't seek it". They lack either the IQ, or the drive, and they like that they can just say, "God didn't want me to be rich" as an excuse to never do anything worthwhile.

Why don't you get rid of the computer you are using? That is a fairly expensive possession. I am sure there are people who could be fed for weeks off of the price you could get, even if it is an older computer.
That's not necessarily the case here. He is a Jehovah's Witness so he is required to devote all his resources to the organization. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania requires the "first fruits" a person has. One recent moneygrab article showed an old woman looking into a completely empty fridge (not even a bottle of ketchup). In the next frame it shows her putting money into the contribution box at the Kingdom Hall. The Watchtower directs ALL money to the advancement of the company. They take food out of the mouths of their own poor. The Watchtower separates "fleshy" and "spiritual" realms. "Spiritual food" is what matters not "fleshly food".

Old 05-16-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Stand-by for...'It's not mine.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality