U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-17-2017, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
970 posts, read 396,957 times
Reputation: 704

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's not necessarily the case here. He is a Jehovah's Witness so he is required to devote all his resources to the organization. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania requires the "first fruits" a person has. One recent moneygrab article showed an old woman looking into a completely empty fridge (not even a bottle of ketchup). In the next frame it shows her putting money into the contribution box at the Kingdom Hall. The Watchtower directs ALL money to the advancement of the company. They take food out of the mouths of their own poor. The Watchtower separates "fleshy" and "spiritual" realms. "Spiritual food" is what matters not "fleshly food".
Yea, kjw has told me that you should just let kids starve because God would either help them or not, and that they don't help poor people or those who are hungry because they should ask God to help, not people, so I hear what you are saying. Their theology aside, the JW's aren't much different than any other church in their money grabs. Of course, other churches use the money for good (some/most), whereas JW's use it for propaganda and door to door annoyances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-17-2017, 02:18 PM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You have what you BELIEVE is God's truth. You don't know this for fact anymore than I know the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot is real (I don't believe that, just an example).


Also, I have noticed a trend with people like you (those who say they didn't seek wealth or possessions, and are fundamentalists), in that you didn't seek it because you couldn't get it. In other words, you knew you lack the ability to earn good money, so you say you "didn't seek it". They lack either the IQ, or the drive, and they like that they can just say, "God didn't want me to be rich" as an excuse to never do anything worthwhile.


Why don't you get rid of the computer you are using? That is a fairly expensive possession. I am sure there are people who could be fed for weeks off of the price you could get, even if it is an older computer.



Where as you have never seen or felt loch ness monster or bigfoot---God reveals himself to those that love and listen to him.
I was one of the best guitar players on the planet--My brother and I wrote 250 songs-- many super songs--one right now I will offer soon is the best song ever written-- there has nothing like it ever. It will be bigger than stairway to heaven when that came out. We will sell it--because that kind of lifestyle wouldn't be approved by God or his son. Then I will be able to help those in need at will.
I sure couldn't get much for this slow old thing.( computer)
Jesus told--a RICH MAN- to sell and give to his poor brothers. I would rate a poor brother not a rich man.


Those in need of food are much better off reading my writings, I share the promise Jesus gave to all for free at Matt 6:33= the permanent fix for the needy. A temp fix doesn't really do much for them. The permanent fix is the best avenue for the needy.


You people sure can twist anything to your false reasonings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2017, 04:35 PM
 
34,438 posts, read 8,865,664 times
Reputation: 4783
Loch ness monster, UFOs and Bigfoot a east have some kind of evidence other than personal faith. So, small as the gaps for those particular beliefs are constantly geting, they have more going for them than the god -claim.

Your last remark should be a dictionary definition of 'Denial'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2017, 10:55 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You have what you BELIEVE is God's truth. You don't know this for fact anymore than I know the Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot is real (I don't believe that, just an example).


Also, I have noticed a trend with people like you (those who say they didn't seek wealth or possessions, and are fundamentalists), in that you didn't seek it because you couldn't get it. In other words, you knew you lack the ability to earn good money, so you say you "didn't seek it". They lack either the IQ, or the drive, and they like that they can just say, "God didn't want me to be rich" as an excuse to never do anything worthwhile.


Why don't you get rid of the computer you are using? That is a fairly expensive possession. I am sure there are people who could be fed for weeks off of the price you could get, even if it is an older computer.
Sounds like the sister of the guy that I worked with over in Germany on a US contract, his sister kept hitting him up for money (or other family members) to pay rent, car insurance, etc., and he asked her why she didn't get a job, she claimed that G-d hadn't told her to get a job yet, she was waiting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2017, 01:11 PM
 
34,438 posts, read 8,865,664 times
Reputation: 4783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sounds like the sister of the guy that I worked with over in Germany on a US contract, his sister kept hitting him up for money (or other family members) to pay rent, car insurance, etc., and he asked her why she didn't get a job, she claimed that G-d hadn't told her to get a job yet, she was waiting...
Catch 21!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
970 posts, read 396,957 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Where as you have never seen or felt loch ness monster or bigfoot---God reveals himself to those that love and listen to him.
Ahh, the old "If you believe you will feel it!" BS. That just doesn't work kjw. If I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I say that I have "seen and felt him", does that make him real?

No? Then you know why your "feelings" are irrelevant as to whether God is real or not, not to mention that it is the specific God you worship.

Have anything to prove that whatever you have felt and seen is God? More so than that, the certain God that you worship??

No? I didn't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I was one of the best guitar players on the planet--My brother and I wrote 250 songs-- many super songs--one right now I will offer soon is the best song ever written-- there has nothing like it ever. It will be bigger than stairway to heaven when that came out. We will sell it--because that kind of lifestyle wouldn't be approved by God or his son. Then I will be able to help those in need at will.
Yea, okay Tenacious D. I will await your "greatest song ever written that will be bigger than Stairway to Heaven". Let us know when it drops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I sure couldn't get much for this slow old thing.( computer)
Jesus told--a RICH MAN- to sell and give to his poor brothers. I would rate a poor brother not a rich man.
Ahh, so you are so poor that you have nothing to sell, huh? What is the "rich" threshold that you have to meet to sell all your possessions? Why do you have any possessions at all, even a cheap crappy computer? Why do you need that if all you need is God?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Those in need of food are much better off reading my writings, I share the promise Jesus gave to all for free at Matt 6:33= the permanent fix for the needy. A temp fix doesn't really do much for them. The permanent fix is the best avenue for the needy.
Oh yes, they are much better off starving to death while you preach to them about how God is great. Sure, buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You people sure can twist anything to your false reasonings.
Where have I twisted anything? Please, show me.

You, on the other hand, twisted that feeling you had in your head to be God.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-19-2017 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Replaced missing quote tag
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2017, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Gulf Coast
970 posts, read 396,957 times
Reputation: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Loch ness monster, UFOs and Bigfoot a east have some kind of evidence other than personal faith. So, small as the gaps for those particular beliefs are constantly geting, they have more going for them than the god -claim.

Your last remark should be a dictionary definition of 'Denial'.
Yes, I always find it funny when people think that they have "felt" God, and it is the one God that they currently believe in, and you can only do so if you already believe in it.... It just makes no sense to anyone with a rational bone in their body....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Sounds like the sister of the guy that I worked with over in Germany on a US contract, his sister kept hitting him up for money (or other family members) to pay rent, car insurance, etc., and he asked her why she didn't get a job, she claimed that G-d hadn't told her to get a job yet, she was waiting...
Hah! Sounds about right. Those are the types I was referring to. God doesn't want her to have a job. He would rather her take money from her family and be a waste of space than get off her lazy butt and do something. That is how a lot of the super religious are. Don't know about the girl in your story though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 04:29 AM
 
Location: US
26,244 posts, read 13,909,589 times
Reputation: 1591
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yes, I always find it funny when people think that they have "felt" God, and it is the one God that they currently believe in, and you can only do so if you already believe in it.... It just makes no sense to anyone with a rational bone in their body....




Hah! Sounds about right. Those are the types I was referring to. God doesn't want her to have a job. He would rather her take money from her family and be a waste of space than get off her lazy butt and do something. That is how a lot of the super religious are. Don't know about the girl in your story though.
Oh, Tony had no problem calling his own sister a lazy P.O.S....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 12:51 PM
 
4,053 posts, read 1,451,486 times
Reputation: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Ahh, the old "If you believe you will feel it!" BS. That just doesn't work kjw. If I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I say that I have "seen and felt him", does that make him real?

No? Then you know why your "feelings" are irrelevant as to whether God is real or not, not to mention that it is the specific God you worship.

Have anything to prove that whatever you have felt and seen is God? More so than that, the certain God that you worship??

No? I didn't think so.



Yea, okay Tenacious D. I will await your "greatest song ever written that will be bigger than Stairway to Heaven". Let us know when it drops.



Ahh, so you are so poor that you have nothing to sell, huh? What is the "rich" threshold that you have to meet to sell all your possessions? Why do you have any possessions at all, even a cheap crappy computer? Why do you need that if all you need is God?



Oh yes, they are much better off starving to death while you preach to them about how God is great. Sure, buddy.



Where have I twisted anything? Please, show me.

You, on the other hand, twisted that feeling you had in your head to be God.



You think a temp fix is better than a permanent fix--Which would you choose for your family?
I twisted nothing. When did I say it was a feeling in my head? Oh I didn't, so you are just twisting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2017, 01:06 PM
 
34,438 posts, read 8,865,664 times
Reputation: 4783
A wooden leg is better than prayers to get a new limb which we know doesn't work. Thing is, while claims about Jam after we're dead can't be disproved, as you well know, what we can check does not inclinbe us to believe your claims.

It's been said before - if the religions can't get worldly facts right, why on earth should we believe them on supernatural claims?
And we also know exactly what these feelings and twisting them into 'God" are, because deconverts have explained it all to us, and there is the crystal clear evidence that the 'God in the head' shares the views and prejudices of the believer - even when the believer changes his mind. Dammed if God doesn't change his mind as well.

his is pretty reliable evidence that what we think and say about your religion and your own beliefs is right, and rejection and denial by the believer is transparent. So your declarations, plonking faith claims, preaching, threats and exhorattions have no chance. You are absolutely flogging a long -dead horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top