Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2017, 08:40 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
You think a temp fix is better than a permanent fix--Which would you choose for your family?
I twisted nothing. When did I say it was a feeling in my head? Oh I didn't, so you are just twisting.
You are right... I do believe that "temporarily" keeping someone from starving to death is better than letting them starve and die. You got me there! ಠ_ಠ

Point is, you have nothing to prove or evidence your beliefs outside of your own mind. To say otherwise is, at best, naïve, at worst, a flat out lie. This is what I meant by "in your head".

So, in your head, you believe there is such a thing as an afterlife, but you have no evidence or proof to know that you are right. (For the record, I don't discount a possible afterlife or rebirth, I just choose not to believe in unsubstantiated claims, because I am not a simpleton.) I prefer to stay in reality, and help those in need. You know, the people that are right here in front of me? The people that we know exist? You can live in fantasy land and ignore all of those who are suffering (Or tell them to find God and still not help them) if you want, it just makes you a terrible person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,940,422 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ZZgdEm8pE

masonic/occultic symbols used by JWs

Old 05-25-2017, 02:45 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You are right... I do believe that "temporarily" keeping someone from starving to death is better than letting them starve and die. You got me there! ಠ_ಠ

Point is, you have nothing to prove or evidence your beliefs outside of your own mind. To say otherwise is, at best, naïve, at worst, a flat out lie. This is what I meant by "in your head".

So, in your head, you believe there is such a thing as an afterlife, but you have no evidence or proof to know that you are right. (For the record, I don't discount a possible afterlife or rebirth, I just choose not to believe in unsubstantiated claims, because I am not a simpleton.) I prefer to stay in reality, and help those in need. You know, the people that are right here in front of me? The people that we know exist? You can live in fantasy land and ignore all of those who are suffering (Or tell them to find God and still not help them) if you want, it just makes you a terrible person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know God does not lie. The bible has been proven truth. Those suffering without, fail to listen to Jesus. He promised his Father would provide--sustenance, covering, spirituality) if one applied Matt 6:33--- the trinity charities wont even teach this to the needy along with the temp fix--that is the problem--they fail both Jesus and the needy.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:00 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
I know God does not lie.

No, you don't. You THINK you know. That is my point. You know nothing.

Quote:
The bible has been proven truth.

Uhh, no, it hasn't. Please, point us to this "proof" you have. No? I didn't think so.

Quote:
Those suffering without, fail to listen to Jesus. He promised his Father would provide--sustenance, covering, spirituality) if one applied Matt 6:33--- the trinity charities wont even teach this to the needy along with the temp fix--that is the problem--they fail both Jesus and the needy.
Right, so your God only helps those who believe in him the right way. Everyone else can go suck a lemon, I guess, huh? Why help the poor people around the world when you can watch them suffer and starve, right?

You worship a joke of a God.

Old 05-25-2017, 03:48 PM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5ZZgdEm8pE

masonic/occultic symbols used by JWs
So what? The Masons are not occult, and what difference does it make what symbols the JWs choose to use?

Old 05-25-2017, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
So what? The Masons are not occult, and what difference does it make what symbols the JWs choose to use?
so why they use occultic symbols if they are not occultic.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:41 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
so why they use occultic symbols if they are not occultic.
Which symbols do you mean? Can you point them out, so we can examine them properly? I'm honestly curious to see if there is anything 'occultic' about them.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Which symbols do you mean? Can you point them out, so we can examine them properly? I'm honestly curious to see if there is anything 'occultic' about them.
The Masons use symbols that are reflective of the stone building masons because they work those symbols into morality lessons to use to make men better. These symbols include such things as a square, a compass, a plumb, a ruler, a mallet, a trowel, etc. If some "occult" organization is using similar symbols to some of those used by the Masons, it still fails to force the Masons to magically become "occult" because some other group chooses to use symbols that look like theirs.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post

the all seeing eye of Horus is used

Old 05-26-2017, 10:41 AM

Neither Horus nor Orion have anything to do with Masonry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality