U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 06:18 AM

4,089 posts, read 1,464,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
The word you are thinking of is 'believe' not 'know'.

No. It's actually been proven to be not much more than fable, fiction and fraud.

so once again. When are you going to sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor?

Must be a very sad existence going through life in your darkness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Proof? Evidence? Statistics? Pie chart? Line graph? Bar graph? Journal article? PowerPoint presentation? Slide show? Ven diagram? Equations? Report? Synopsis? Visual aids? Data analysis? Diagnostics check? A few loose papers in a manila folder? Chicken bones? Tea leaves? Tarot card reading? Ouija board consultation? Something ... anything ... to back up your so-called "fact of life?"

Yeah, I didn't think so.

The fact that people still believe in demons controlling people simply because we didn't join one particular cult -- especially one that just sprang into existence in the last 200 years -- is patently ridiculous.

Jesus: "So, are we going to tell these sniveling sinning humans the Truth yet?"

Living God YHVH: "Nope. Let them sweat it for awhile. We have to wait until everyone has either become a Catholic or a Protestant. By then, hardly anyone will fall for this "Jehovah's Witness" stuff and most of them will burn! Muahahahahaha!"

Jesus: "Excellent plan, My Lord and Father, Most Omnipotent On High. When do you plan on letting everyone in on the joke?"

Living God YHVH: "Hmm, I was thinking around the 1870's or so. By then, nearly everyone will be hopelessly entwined in the false Christian denominations. Hardly anyone will believe the real Truth that way we can burn more people. Muahahaha!"

Jesus: "One thing I have to ask: How long do we have to stay here on the star Alcyone? I mean, we're in a brand new star cluster with dozens of highly radio active O-type stars. It's damn hot. If not for the blue light of the stars, I'd think we're in Hell right now!"

Living God YHVH: "Well, a few humans somehow managed to find out that I rule from Alcyone. Not sure how they figured that one out but they did. I think Gabriel let the cat out of the bag. Anyhow, we won't stay here much longer now that the JW's are on to us. I'm thinking we can move to ... Betelgeuse."

Jesus: "No."

Living God YHVH: "Arcturus?"

Jesus: "No."

Living God YHVH: "Regulus?"

Jesus: "Never."

Living God YHVH: "Spica?"

Jesus: "C'mon YHVH, Oh Most Tricky and Benevolant Master, can't we rule from a nice comfortable planet like, say, Kolob?"

Living God YHVH: "That's for the Mormons, you twit!"

Jesus: "Oh right, I forgot."

Living God YHVH: "Muahahahaha!"

Jesus: *facepalm* "That's it, I'm disbelieving in myself."

Living God YHVH: "I'll let Satan know you're coming. Muahahahaha!"

Jesus: "For the love of yourself, stop laughing like that!"

Uhm ... because it's the right thing to do? This is why so many religions and the gods they worship end up morally bankrupt. It's a good thing I don't act like your God because if I saw that you needed help, I would do my best to offer it. I wouldn't, say, passively watch your child dying of cancer while rubbing my chin thinking, "Hmm, what has Kjw47 done for ME lately? Harumph! In fact I remember when Kjw47 defied me a few days ago. Yep, you're not getting any help from me!"

No, true morality is independent of the actions of others. Whether you are moral or immoral depends on YOUR actions and no one deserves to be treated immorally. Apparently that's something your god missed when he went to god school. Maybe he moved around too much -- like going from Alcyone to Betelgeuse, etc. (Yeah, the early JW's actually believed God ruled from the star Alcyone in the Pleiades star cluster *snicker*).

Why would I even want to worship and venerate a God who would simply disregard the pain of his own creation out of some ego trip? "That guy didn't listen to me. Bah! How dare he tweak my ego like that?! No help for him!" Next thing you know, God will be shoving the Montenegran prime minister aside just so he can be in the front. (Complete with adjusting his suit, puffing out his chest, and adopting a smug expression.)

Sorry, but I just can't believe that people find that acceptable. Any God I worship would be bigger than that.

Omniscient gods do not need anything proven to them. That's a bit like a computer programmer writing thousands of lines of code and then, once done, having no idea what the program is going to do -- and so has to test it billions of times to see what it does. (I don't mean testing for bugs and such as programmers do -- I mean literally having *no* idea what the program does.)

I always thought the real joke was how so many people can still believe in the JW religion despite the many dozens of times they've issued false prophecies and held bizarre, even laughable beliefs, like God ruling from Alcyone.

How will little mortal haughty hearts learn if God helped them everytime--- they would never learn a thing--
God makes decisions based on whats best for all for all time--no mortal has a clue to what that entails--they seem to falsely reason from within they can think better than God can.
Satan has provided you with your glasses-2Cor 4:4

Old 05-29-2017, 07:14 AM

13,925 posts, read 9,680,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Must be a very sad existence going through life in your darkness.
There is no 'darkness' in my life nor has there ever been. My life has been fuller that you could even begin to imagine.... but that doesn't actually answer the question does it...which was...

'When are you going to sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor?'

You have already conceded that your god has said that you shouldn't worry about food, shelter etc....so why are you not doing you your Jesus told you to do in order to be 'perfect'. You do want to be perfect don't you??

Old 05-29-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
There is no 'darkness' in my life nor has there ever been. My life has been fuller that you could even begin to imagine.... but that doesn't actually answer the question does it...which was...

'When are you going to sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor?'

You have already conceded that your god has said that you shouldn't worry about food, shelter etc....so why are you not doing you your Jesus told you to do in order to be 'perfect'. You do want to be perfect don't you??

Jesus told the rich to sell and give to their poor brothers--I am poor inpossessions and money--Rich in the true knowledge of God--that is worth more than all the $$$$. gold, silver, gemstones combined in existence. I share it freely.

Old 05-29-2017, 04:34 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,147,482 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE5KQHf8fX0&t=19s

Old 05-30-2017, 05:06 AM

13,925 posts, read 9,680,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus told the rich to sell and give to their poor brothers--
No he didn't. He didn't even mention 'rich people'. He was saying that anyone who wanted to be perfect, should sell all their possessions, give the money to the poor and follow him. Why haven''t you done so? Why don't you want to be perfect? Despite your protestations of poverty, you must have some possessions! You can't be destitute! What about the computer you are using at the moment?

Quote:
I am poor in possessions and money--
Do you have a job?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:36 AM

4,898 posts, read 2,176,749 times
On topic and in alignment to the original question posed in 2010.
Been privy to this denomination and it's practices. Did not find it enhancing or worthy of joining. It promotes suppression of the female congregation. With the population turning out billions of lives, it's bizzare that only a smidgen of females will get to join the supposed after life. Great non incentive. If non progression of higher education, rights to one's body, and pursuit of equality is in your nature...Refrain from this particular faith. I'm sure those deep in this practice are profoundly assured they have found the path to salvation. I'll take the road less traveled .

Old 05-30-2017, 05:41 AM

26,163 posts, read 14,504,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireoftheCovenant
While I don't agree with their beliefs, I think they are very nice people who are dedicated to their faith.
Ya they are just trying to get the word out..... I dont think they mean any harm...

Old 05-30-2017, 06:20 AM

20,604 posts, read 22,782,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Can the same also be applied to any religion, particularly cultist ones like fundamentalism?

Old 05-30-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
On topic and in alignment to the original question posed in 2010.
Been privy to this denomination and it's practices. Did not find it enhancing or worthy of joining. It promotes suppression of the female congregation. With the population turning out billions of lives, it's bizzare that only a smidgen of females will get to join the supposed after life. Great non incentive. If non progression of higher education, rights to one's body, and pursuit of equality is in your nature...Refrain from this particular faith. I'm sure those deep in this practice are profoundly assured they have found the path to salvation. I'll take the road less traveled .

You have made a very bad error in reasoning. The road less traveled is the narrow road that FEW will find--The many travel the broad and spacious path that leads to destruction. The world walks that path--those that must fit in.
Those who listened to Jesus, are no part of this world--they do not fit in--thus rejected. Yet the blind choose the broad and spacious path.
all true female followers will be allowed to enter Gods kingdom if they live to do Gods will now.
JW,s don't seek higher education to gain a better paycheck. Instead have listened to Jesus and seek this daily-Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHVH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you.( sustenance, covering, spirituality)---
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality