U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2017, 01:09 PM

4,077 posts, read 1,459,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Yes you are k7. I always knew I was a regular person so i don't see being one of the many as a bad thing.

Jesus mentioned the -MANY--2x--- 1x= they are walking the broad and spacious path to destruction

The other at Matt 7:22-23- judgement time, where Jesus tells them--GET away from me you worker of iniquity, I must confess I never even knew you.

I would reevaluate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 02:21 PM

1,426 posts, read 1,146,119 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phZEmRhgkLE

Old 06-05-2017, 04:53 PM

5,294 posts, read 1,682,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Jesus mentioned the -MANY--2x--- 1x= they are walking the broad and spacious path to destruction

The other at Matt 7:22-23- judgement time, where Jesus tells them--GET away from me you worker of iniquity, I must confess I never even knew you.

I would reevaluate.
Matthew 7:22-23English Standard Version (ESV)

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Well, that won't be me. God doesn't owe me anything. I would never presume to do something in the name of God anyway. I have not prophesied, cast out a demon, or done one mighty work. If God wants to claim someone he is perfectly capable of doing such. Besides, I'm an atheist.

Just about everyone who believes about the narrow gate thinks they are on the right path. It's not just you who claims it. Why are they all wrong and only you are right? Maybe the only surefire way to know you are on the broad road is to go around saying you are on the narrow one.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:10 AM

4,077 posts, read 1,459,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Matthew 7:22-23English Standard Version (ESV)

22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

Well, that won't be me. God doesn't owe me anything. I would never presume to do something in the name of God anyway. I have not prophesied, cast out a demon, or done one mighty work. If God wants to claim someone he is perfectly capable of doing such. Besides, I'm an atheist.

Just about everyone who believes about the narrow gate thinks they are on the right path. It's not just you who claims it. Why are they all wrong and only you are right? Maybe the only surefire way to know you are on the broad road is to go around saying you are on the narrow one.

The teachings of Jesus prove who is who--His teachings back the JW teachers.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:03 PM

16,096 posts, read 9,287,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The teachings of Jesus prove who is who--His teachings back the JW teachers.
Let it rest, such ones are fulfilling prophecy. They were once a part of the group and now show hate for it. Jesus spoke of such. Notice there are no negative threads about the vast majority of churches.

Old 06-06-2017, 06:20 PM

5,294 posts, read 1,682,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Let it rest, such ones are fulfilling prophecy. They were once a part of the group and now show hate for it. Jesus spoke of such. Notice there are no negative threads about the vast majority of churches.
Speaking solely for myself, this has nothing to do with emotions and I honestly believe the Watchtower is exploiting the Jehovah's Witnesses. I would like to think I might help someone be able to break the mental chains the Watchtower has on them but I realize this is highly unlikely and I'm pretty sure this is just me running on the harbinger training I received as a young Jehovah's Witness. I was taught to speak up no matter the cost to me if I thought people were being deceived. I didn't do it out of hate when I believed and I'm not doing it out of hate now.

As far as "negative" threads about other religions; why aren't you warning people? According to the Watchtower anyone not aboard the "ark" of the Watchtower is in Christendom and will die at Armageddon? If you really believe the Watchtower has the truth why are you not warning these people? At least K7 has the guts to put himself out there. Not you though.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:09 AM

1,426 posts, read 1,146,119 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prIfg9nhARs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality